Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Looks great. Much sharper.

1663685027744.png
I’m coming around to it. The cowl on the hood looks a lot like my 5th gen Camaro SS which isn’t a bad thing.

But I have 5 years of extended warranty left on this car and it’s been paid for since new and I love it so I won’t be taking the leap anytime soon in any case.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: DRB

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I did not read 19 pages so I will ask. Is the chassis any different from the S550?

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Looks great. Much sharper.

1663685027744.png
Nose looks like a "what if" we took a camaro and a camry sport and, put in a blender, and add a dash of ford fusion .

I am sure ford will sell a ton of them, or at least have a ton of orders for them, only to cancel the orders and piss off buyers.
Most e/b converts will be rental cars, the gt's will be sold to those that want the last ice car. many the last year will get mothballed.
The dark horse badge is lame. Looks like a 5y/o kid with playdoh designed it.
Hope they sell and produce tons of them.
Mustang Gt's are a 45-50k car unless you geta base car, with nothing init. Interest rates are going to make a sports coupe that is a hard sell in today's market an even harder one for the Reg Joe.
IF I was the designer.
I'd put a eyebrow over the gauge cluster screen to keep the sun out of it, Take the infotainment screen half, and put it back in the center stack, but angle it toward the driver unlike the s550's
Toss the boy racer rear spoiler, add some detail to the tail lights, Maybe put a scoop in the rear 1/4 like 70's cars to take some of that camaro look out of it.
Maybe add a floating bar to the grill to break up the hugeness of it. And if you are going to have the fox gauge cluster, maybe give the nose 4 eyes

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Why do folks follow "this is a bad design" with a long list of idea suggestions that are awful?

That, and predictions of doom and and failure that rarely come true. Call it schadenForde.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Why do folks follow "this is a bad design" with a long list of idea suggestions that are awful?

That, and predictions of doom and and failure that rarely come true. Call it schadenForde.
It is called an opinion. you have yours, I have mine, others will have theirs . Time will tell.
Why you post in this thread if you didn't want to read what others think? What matters is the opinion of those that walk into a Ford dealer and put money down on a new one. Ford could care less what armchair quarterbacks think. But it is interesting to hear what others think of it, and why I started the thread.
I know this much, I am not a buyer in 23-24 as new designs need a few years to work out the kinks. But I'd like to buy another mustang before they go ev. It is why I bought a 2020 and not a 2015-18 . Sure it isn't perfect, but they worked out a bunch of issues by then.
I think as seen as for 50 years it has been a fight of stang vs Camaro. the new model looking like a Camaro is not going to sit well with many. Again time will tell.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, my take .
It looks like each design area team never talked to each other.
They made the grill bigger and the head lights smaller That is bad enough, but the pony looks like a carry over as far as size and looks lost in the larger grill.
The rear quarters look like the Camaro Along with the head lights. Maybe ford is hoping those that wanted a camaro but didn't like the limited rear view out windows will think the new mustang is close enough.
The rear looks like they took a lambo and a s550 and mixed together and called it good. The concave panel and lights. The tail lights need more detail. They look like cheap aftermarket units

The interior, It looks the same other than a dash swap and today's trend of slap a computer tablet on the dash and call it a day. The flat straight across dash design reminds me of the Pontiac 6000 dash just with a tablet glued to it. But that might be so it can be used in all markets, just move the screens,wheel.

This car better run circles around the outgoing one and not just a hp spec #.

I think they need to address the mis match of the headlights/grill and pony sizing make the pony bigger and maybe add fog lights under the camaro parts bin headlights and make the tail lights have more detail, I like the concaved look, but the lights look cheap.
The tablet dash and no buttons many are moving away from, So this looks like it was set in stone at the start of the redesign. If they made a back panel to make the screen not look like an after thought and part of the dash it look 1000x better and cost almost nothing to add. I hope this fad of tablet dashes dies soon. I get it you are going after the video game player and Tesla fan bois. Should have saved that for when they go hybrid or ev with it. the people looking at buying the last all i.c.e. car v8 want a gauge cluster . Even a carry over cluster with updated fonts would have been better.
I think Ford knows the days are numbered for the 2 door coupe mustang and did just enough to update it to get it till the end.
In the end it will be pricing that make or break it. And people bought mustangs and camaro's for that matter because of the styling cues that told you it is a mustang or camaro. looking at the dash of the new mustang I think I could be driving a honda or a kia. Everything that screamed mustang they removed other than the useless rear seats.
The Audi A8,camaro headlights need to hit the trash bin.
Im sorry, I just dont see it. Perhaps the side profiles share some general angularity but thats about it, definately not the headlights: To me they look NOTHING alike. Nor do the front or rears of the cars.

image_123986672 (1).JPG

image_123986672.JPG

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've done it more than a few times. So. Ya.
Carry on.
You don't understand the "why" of what is happening.

Basic physics will tell you that yanking the handbrake while the rear tires have 0 traction to the road surface will not, in any way, shape or form, re-establish those tire's traction to the road surface.

It will, in fact, have the exact opposite effect.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Im sorry, I just dont see it. Perhaps the side profiles share some general angularity but thats about it, definately not the headlights: To me they look NOTHING alike. Nor do the front or rears of the cars.

image_123986672 (1).JPG

image_123986672.JPG
I’m with you, I struggle to see the Camaro comparisons, at least on the exterior. Interior I can some styling cues (AC vents under the touchscreen in particular).

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

They're wrong on the doom and failure predictions. A lot of overreactions in this thread and everywhere really. TBH though, I think Ford is going to end up like the German makes and slowly transition back to buttons on the refresh.

I don't have a problem with the screens myself, they're just so cheap looking, poorly implemented, and downright ugly. We had a much cleaner looking setup in the 2018+ models, why couldn't they have just refined that?

If you don't have a Mustang and like the screens, then go for it. I don't think upgrading from S550 to S650 will be worth it until the refresh in a few years, assuming they add some new features that people will actually use. I'd want an HUD, 360° parking, parallel parking assists, a trunk open sensor like the BMWs and other new cars have, etc.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They're wrong on the doom and failure predictions. A lot of overreactions in this thread and everywhere really. TBH though, I think Ford is going to end up like the German makes and slowly transition back to buttons on the refresh.

I don't have a problem with the screens myself, they're just so cheap looking, poorly implemented, and downright ugly. We had a much cleaner looking setup in the 2018+ models, why couldn't they have just refined that?

If you don't have a Mustang and like the screens, then go for it. I don't think upgrading from S550 to S650 will be worth it until the refresh in a few years, assuming they add some new features that people will actually use. I'd want an HUD, 360° parking, parallel parking assists, a trunk open sensor like the BMWs and other new cars have, etc.
+1 on the HUD and 360 camera. My brother’s Nissan Rogue has the 360 camera for crying out loud.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Always a possibility. Certainly it's not unlikely that the left-hand display will get a more conventional enclosure at some point. Tablet-like center displays are more and more common and, for the most part,well- received.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
I think the pic of the white Darkhorse is growing on me a bit. it's pretty clean overall tho the front seems a touch busy and I think you could probably remove the hood stripes for a better overall look. both of my sons were wow'd by this pic, oldest says he's gonna put in an order for one as a college grad present to himself (which is funny cuz he was hard on a c8 vette or a 911/992 until this came out)

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-carbuzz-1039495.jpg

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Always a possibility. Certainly it's not unlikely that the left-hand display will get a more conventional enclosure at some point. Tablet-like center displays are more and more common and, for the most part,well- received.
Yeah I don't mind the center one. It's the one under the steering wheel one that bothers me so much. I don't think people would be crapping on the look so much if it still had the double eyebrow look or was at least implemented into the dash better.

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
You don't understand the "why" of what is happening.

Basic physics will tell you that yanking the handbrake while the rear tires have 0 traction to the road surface will not, in any way, shape or form, re-establish those tire's traction to the road surface.

It will, in fact, have the exact opposite effect.
Tires not turning on a wet surface or snow will cause drag, only way they have zero traction is on ICE.
but carry on, you are doing great.
Sponsored