• Poll closed .

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I really disliked the s550 when I first saw it.
I'm just the opposite. I liked the S550 the first time I saw one. In fact it is the first mustang I liked since the 1968 model.

The dark horse looks OK but the dash.. hard pass for me. If I want an Ipad dash I'll buy a Tesla.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The eariler linked motortrend article said it feeds separate banks. If so could be a precurser for a traditional flat plane crank.

But who knows.

I wonder if the TB's will bolt up to the new CJ manifold.
Read the article, so 80mm TBā€™s. I canā€™t find the specs for the new CJ, just pics. Canā€™t tell from the pics but I would assume if theyā€™re making it with dual TB ports that it should accommodate the 80mm TBā€™s???

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
In fact, the digital dash was a big reason I went for the 2020. Now it looks just a tad simplistic next to what's going into some grocery-getters, never mind cars like the C8.

Small styling things - that steering wheel is major compared to what comes stock on any s550.

Less small styling things - the fascia and grille look a lot tougher than either the original 2015 or the refresh. I imagine they can do a lot with that grille space on some of the variants a few years down the line.

SBPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1993 Probe GT
Looks like they used Camaro and Dodge(?) styling cues. The grille looks like it's starting to evolve into a truck grille like on the Ranger. The interior looks like it's progressing into an electric car interior. All the curvy lines are smoothed out. The car seems bland and unexciting to me.

Maybe they are trying to transition everyone into their future electric SUV/Truck lines.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
With mine at 3490lbs / MT82 / and 3.73's I doubt that very much. in fact, I'll give it the hit & a couple car lengths. Even with the A10. Bet me. Haha.
I drive a tuned F10 M5. I bought a new 2016 Mustang GT PP Premium 6MT in 2016 and bought a new 2019 Mustang GT PP Premium 6MT in 2020 and decided to sell it to Vroom last year for about $7k more than I paid for it. I'm more than a little intrigued with the new Mustang though. As far as racing goes, any time. :cool:

Reactions: DRB

Sponsored

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wasnā€™t even an S550 fan until I drove my current 2015 and even then I waited over a week before going back and buying it. Before I even read the forum I thought it definitely had the Camaro feel. I this the S550 is the last of a great generation. Iā€™m definitely not trading in. Iā€™d rather keep modding.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I won't rain on the parade here guys.

This is a transitional design to an all electric future. Long live the S550.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Usually those who are most vocal against new models are among the first to buy one. Something tells me people will change their minds when they see one in person.
Usually the most vocal enthusiasts for a new model are those who are so upside down on their current rides that they can't get the current model before it leaves production. That is a scientific fact proven by a professor of logic.

Why does it bother you so much that some people don' t like it that you have to dream up nonsense?

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually the most vocal enthusiasts for a new model are those who are so upside down on their current rides that they can't get the current model before it leaves production. That is a scientific fact proven by a professor of logic.

Nope.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Reminds me of the SN95, sharp edges that became the new edge design. I dislike the headlights, and the hood vent looks very cheap. The flat top dash is very bland and I look at enough screens throughout the day and really donā€™t want one in a car I drive for pure excitement and fun. I know everything is becoming more electronics and most people want digital clusters, but I like the old school gauges myself. In my own opinion I donā€™t think they could make a more perfect car than the S550. I may buy a S650 in the future, but I am Not planning on ever getting rid of my S550

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm very sorry for your situation but you cannot argue with science. Or sarcasm.
Well, you can't argue with wit, certainly. Or taste. The former's not a factor, here, and I'm not sure the latter is.

Anyway, I've been driving the current generation for four or five years. I'm breathing without a snorkel.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
All this negativity is pretty bad and I feel unfounded.

Let's see:

1) Mustang Lives on with an infusion of HP and technology (Dodge is so old tech it's pathetic, Camaro is dying)
2) 480 HP GT
3) 500 HP from a N/A little bitty 307 cu. in. motor on the Dark Horse, most impressive

Styling is subjective, but I would be willing to bet the first time lots of car enthusiasts see the Gen 7 in person, they may experience a bit of urine dribble.
Sponsored