• Poll closed .

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think someone mentions that this has cyllinder deactivation start stop BUT it might be deactivated by default in the manual.

If that is true, there's another reason to by the manual!!!

I stand corrected but still a good reason to get a manual
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Already texted my salesman and put myself on the list for a vapor blue PP GT. I should love the exterior as it looks just like my SS 1LE, not to sure on the interior but I'm willing to give it a shot.
guess I need to call dibs on your SS/1LE when you leap from the pan into the fire.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
has nothing to do with it. The execution BLOWS period from head to stern. Ford also needs to resurrect 50's/60's ad men. That presentation was incredibly badly executed. It's a miracle they got anything out of the crowd more than pity clapping.
I heard the same things when the S550 came out. I heard the same complaints when the 2018 refresh was unveiled. It's always been this way. It will always be this way. Let it be written. By the way, I think it looks great, except for those flat black inserts under the dark horse headlights. Those look like shite.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
I kinda agree with some that mention the lack of the black trunk lid panel, I think that needs to come back, kinda....

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
I like the hood much better than the S550. Iā€™m also a fan of the interior. Iā€™m impressed by the 480+ bhp also. But, none of these, even combined make it a must have over the S550. Going to order a MY23 as soon as the order bank opens and will keep my eyes on this in case Iā€™m still spinning my wheels when the MY24 order bank opens, provided the pricing isnā€™t out of line. Obviously 5here will be a price increase. Keeping it realistic will make or break it IMO.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
guess I need to call dibs on your SS/1LE when you leap from the pan into the fire.
I'll PM you when I get the call and you'll have first dibs Matt, she'll have over 3 dozen track days by then but it's well taken care of for sure.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
OK, it is doesn't have cyllinder deactivation so you will want a manual, maybe this will from Car and Driver:

One of the interesting new features Ford introduces on the seventh-gen Mustang is called Remote Rev. As its name suggests, it allows people to remotely rev the engine using the car's key fob, which seems destined to entertain adolescents and annoy older audiences. Remote Rev runs on its own pre-programmed sound and comes on any Mustang with the active exhaust system, except for manual-equipped models. Cue the sad trombone.
Is what they are saying is that the rev sound is not from the engine? What's the point then.

If a maual doesn't ahve this feature then I STILL am glad I prefer manuals.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Also the code name for this generation should have been S551 since it is so little of a change.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is what they are saying is that the rev sound is not from the engine? What's the point then.
I think they just mean it's a pre-programmed rev pattern using the engine as you would expect. Natch they can't do that on M6 because 1) the car won't fire without the sensor reading clutch depressed, and 2) no way to really know the trans is in neutral.

What a stupid gimmick.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I think someone mentions that this has cyllinder deactivation BUT it might be deactivated by default in the manual.

If that is true, there's another reason to by the manual!!!
Auto start stop not cylinder deactivate
I don't know how accurate motortrend is, but they state Ford ditched the cylinder deactivation for the mustang.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-mustang-engine-ecoboost-v-8-deep-dive/
True. What you are seeing is the auto start stop for when in the city sitting at red lights

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
The frontend design needs to go, the rear is cool, The interior is horrid, the wheels are meh. Famaro! I feel bad for the people buying this. I do believe all of our Mustang values just went up if this car stands as is

Pcullens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Convertible
The GT looked fine, didn't blow me away. In fairness I wasn't blown away by the S550 when it came out either, so maybe it just needs some time.
I really liked the Dark Horse. Hate the name of it and the badge is just comical. Bet it'll be pricey $$

I won't buy either because of the interior. I can't stand the digital dash. Why automakers are pushing these on us I'll never understand. Guess I'm getting old.
Also putting the climate controls in the screen :thumbsdown:
Same arm rest, same horrible shift knob. Not really a big deal but kind of lazy on Ford's part
Because having tactile things like knobs and buttons that allow you to adjust A/C and radio controls while keeping your eyes on the road would cut into sales of new body parts for repairing all the accidents the touchscreens cause.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gen 4 Coyote in the car. Photo credit to Mustang Fan Club via their Facebook page

25CE69CD-3096-4D3B-B4A9-0C7D694BC89E.jpeg

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The frontend design needs to go, the rear is cool, The interior is horrid, the wheels are meh. Famaro! I feel bad for the people buying this. I do believe all of our Mustang values just went up if this car stands as is
The people that will be buying these, are wearing rainbow T-shirts working at Panera Bread, waiting on their 5th ā€œboosterā€ shot, and still hoping they donā€™t bump into Johnny the big bully in high school back in 2014ā€¦.
Sponsored