• Poll closed .

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I do not like the taillights AT ALL and the interior in general...the interior is too much of a departure from the origin and the way they redesigned it looks too expected and generic with the huge "connected" screen and all...The Stock vs. stock stance is marginally better in S650 but the proportions are not as good as S550. The surfacing is bloated as well to the point that it reminds me of outgoing Camaro. The reflection control on the surfaces seem to be terrible(won't be able to say definitively until seen in person but from photos and camera roll shots it seems to be bad)

I think the highlights of the S650 are 3 things IMHO:
1- PP Wheels
2- Performance Pack E-brake innovation
3- Heated and Cooled Recaro seats (which was dumb in the first place that they didn't include it on S550)
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm curious if Ford did anything to address the 2K rattle and typewriter tick in this iteration. Engine cover looks 1000x better than the previous gen.

What about suspension? Did they do anything to fix the horrible design flaws in the IRS?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The motor with its new twin throttle bodies…I think we can all agree that this engine cover looks better than the previous gen.

AF0CF832-7275-4195-8BE3-C979C0485E10.jpeg
Has there been a Mustang with a cover like that before?

Is it just me but having two fly by wire throttle bodies is it asking for trouble?

Do they both just dump into a common intake or is each dedicated to a bank of cyllinders?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Lets face facts
Facts: Camaro with a Mustang roof. The most generic mishmash front on any Mustang ever. SUV lights. Like really? Even the mid 70's Mustang II looked like a Mustang. Every line on this car is an overexaggerated. And not in a good way. Engine and manual trans is it's ONLY saving grace. This is a fail that'll sell really good.

ford-mustang-gt-2024-01-exterior-front-angle-scaled.jpg

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
There will be 40 at every light just like all the others. The hate for the Camaro styling will die off.

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Facts: Camaro with a Mustang roof. The most generic mishmash front on any Mustang ever. SUV lights. Like really? Even the mid 70's Mustang II looked like a Mustang. Every line on this car is an overexaggerated. And not in a good way. Engine and manual trans is it's ONLY saving grace. This is a fail that'll sell really good.

ford-mustang-gt-2024-01-exterior-front-angle-scaled.jpg
That Vapor Blue GT in that picture looks stunning to me. I'd place an order now if I could. It's the best looking GT since the S197, BY FAR. It's even up there with the S550 GT500 for looks, IMHO.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm very mixed. On one hand, the exterior design strikes me as very similar to that of my S550. It's certainly evolution vs. revolution. That's all well and good. The interior is the real piece of debate for me. I love the look of the screens, but it also makes it a bit "video-gameish" as even Ford themselves notes. Cool, but gimmicky. Don't know how I feel about that.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Looks like a cross between a chevy and a dodge. Certainly didn t break the mold of ANYTHING.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The interior screens reminds me of work sitting at my desk

Is it true that the back is wider and shorter? So we also lost trunk space? We really are pulling from the Camaro then.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This. And I do enough of it at work that I don't want to do it in my performance car.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Amen... I'm at desk for half the week, 12 hours a day, looking at 10 screens along with my phone. Driving is one of the few occasions I can take a break from that.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
On first look at the photos, front end looks Charger rear looks Camaro, the design is too busy at both ends, doesn't integrate as well as the S550. Ford is trying too hard to make it look special. The Premium gigantic touch screen looks way out of place in a muscle car, just to please the millennials? It'll be a pain to select things, but worse is the HVAC controls are touch also, ugh! We always need proper knobs for those. That screen really distracts.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Already texted my salesman and put myself on the list for a vapor blue PP GT. I should love the exterior as it looks just like my SS 1LE, not to sure on the interior but I'm willing to give it a shot.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Already texted my salesman and put myself on the list for a vapor blue PP GT. I should love the exterior as it looks just like my SS 1LE, not to sure on the interior but I'm willing to give it a shot.
That Vapor Blue is stunning for sure!
Sponsored