Votes: 188 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Hopefully in 25 or 26 they will offer an analogue dash option.
The video dash is cheaper to manufacture and the fanbois love them. Dummies think they're getting something that is better with the screens. The days of analog gauges in the Mustang are over.
Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
very glad i ordered a current gen. the rear tails look super cheap.
the front looks okay. front 3/4 looks super dope. glad to see the performance pack is getting a diff cooler and rear brembo 4 pots.

overall I think it looks nice but i hate the interior.

gen 4 yote looks dope as all hell.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hopefully in 25 or 26 they will offer an analogue dash option.
A "tech delete" dash option would be great for those who prefer analog gauges and controls to screens. That dash will look dated so fast it'll make your head spin.

Who else out there thought the name Dark Horse was just a style package and not a car performance package version?

I thought it was going to be a style where everything was 'murdered out' or all the wheels and shiny bits were in black with possibly the taillights etc smoked out too.
Me too. The way the naming 'contest' thing went, it gave me the impression it was just a trim package. I'll bet people might have come up with better names if it had been more clear that it was for more or less a separate model.

Bridgie's photos reveal quite a few things I don't care for on the exterior. Bummer. Lots of character of the S550 design is lost (cough, Camaro), it's like a New Edge version. As I said elsewhere, my '15 has no need to worry about being replaced, but it's largely the interior that turns me off.

Last edited:

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
In time I am sure I will get used to the hood and bumper - they look a little funny right now, but I'm sure they will look better in person. The whole car actually looks bigger than the current model...but I know they are probably very similar - and again, it will probably be better in person.

What I do not like are the screens. I am 100% not a fan of screens in a car. Are these done will enough? Sure. But I really dislike all cars with large screens in them - and the Mustang (including my own) is no exception.

What I really hate though are the doors! The doors look fatter and less sculpted. I am sure I am in the minority on this one.

Additionally the headlights and tail lights - but that's beating a dead horse at this point.

I am not in the market for a new Mustang, but this one, just based on looks is not for me.

Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
That’s exactly who Ford is going after with the interior. The younger generation needs the tech so they’re trying to cater towards them. Problem will be affordability….
I dont disagree at all. both boys currently drive s550's, both have gripes about lack of tech on the radio in particular. they done care much either way about the dash, even if they do like the new digital dash, they were more concerned with the crappy Sync radio systems, especially my oldest who has a base model radio he refers to as a "90's flip phone piece of shit". in fact he hates the flip phone radio so much he said if they didn't change the base radio to at least match the s550 premium it would be the last mustang he ever owned.

I understand that. if I had a base model GT for a mod platform first mod I'd do is replace the damn stereo with something that had car play and better speakers/amps. the base radio really is total crap.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I dont disagree at all. both boys currently drive s550's, both have gripes about lack of tech on the radio in particular. they done care much either way about the dash, even if they do like the new digital dash, they were more concerned with the crappy Sync radio systems, especially my oldest who has a base model radio he refers to as a "90's flip phone piece of shit". in fact he hates the flip phone radio so much he said if they didn't change the base radio to at least match the s550 premium it would be the last mustang he ever owned.

I understand that. if I had a base model GT for a mod platform first mod I'd do is replace the damn stereo with something that had car play and better speakers/amps. the base radio really is total crap.
I don’t disagree, the base stereo is not all that good. And I ordered the base stereo with my 2022! But I’m after performance on this one and will likely just replace all the speakers and go with a nice Alpine unit, something with wireless CarPlay which Sync is lacking.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
I don’t disagree, the base stereo is not all that good. And I ordered the base stereo with my 2022! But I’m after performance on this one and will likely just replace all the speakers and go with a nice Alpine unit, something with wireless CarPlay which Sync is lacking.
absolutely. I like performance as much as the next guy, but driving fast thru the twisties with the windows down and the music up is where my center is. give me brakes, go-power, and good suspension but it's not complete without great sounding tunes

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I love the new Mustang as it makes me love my 2018 PP1 twice as much.

- I don't like the front end - and agree 100% it looks like a Camaro.
- I don't like the interior - I love my 18 interior with the analog gauges and PP gauges - I never cared for the digital dash. Analog will never look dated.
- I like the rear from the side profile with the notch - but I don't like the rear tail lights - looks like the Mach-E. The earlier S550 style rears are my favorite along with the 18+ Front End. The older S550 rears are the closest to the 60's mustangs.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
It seems like they didn't put much effort into the "re-design".

Now they have a Ford Camaro

For compression ratio to go from 11:1 to 12:1 means a small bump in hp. If the hp is better why not advertise the numbers?

Yeah, not impressed and clearly the hp is not enough to shout about, even in the Dark Horse.

And still heavy as ever, for all editions.

Maybe they should have just called it the 'Cabin' edition since their effort seems to have gone into a new interior ....

-
The 18's are already 12:1

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Stangmode was on stage.. nuff said right there...
Ford marketing is daft. That Uk woman doing US marketing, the cringe-worthy introduction with a useless MC.......it was terrible.

Adding in Stangmode is to be expected at that point.

It is remarkable how out-of-touch and tone-deaf manufacturers are.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Ford marketing is daft. That Uk woman doing US marketing, the cringe-worthy introduction with a useless MC.......it was terrible.

Adding in Stangmode is to be expected at that point.

It is remarkable how out-of-touch and tone-deaf manufacturers are.
Lets face facts, we here on the site are probably the minority as far as their marketing goes. Car forum people usually are the 1% ers. For example: all the people at track attack and no one there was a member of ANY forum (nor this one)..
But I agree with you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It sucks when the thing you cherish is no longer the latest and greatest.
has nothing to do with it. The execution BLOWS period from head to stern. Ford also needs to resurrect 50's/60's ad men. That presentation was incredibly badly executed. It's a miracle they got anything out of the crowd more than pity clapping.
Sponsored

Last edited: