Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
the rear end is out of proportion to the rest of the car, just like the new Corvette.

I wonder if crash test requirements have changed in some way.

That always messed up the BIW* guys for a while lol and drove the design people mad. If something had changed maybe they couldn't overcome it.

* Body In White, the structures team(s)

-

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not bad, I think it looks a little off with the top down. In other pictures that bigger grille looks to flow better with the coupe.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I want the rear Brembo's. :like:
The watered down Ford Brembo's are nothing to shake a stick at.... You basically get a powder coated casting caliper over stock.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Not bad, I think it looks a little off with the top down. In other pictures that bigger grille looks to flow better with the coupe.
Just like a Baleen Whale....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just like a Baleen Whale....
To each their own. I like the new exterior (coupe, I’m just not a vert guy) but the interior doesn’t cut it for me. I’ll be keeping my ‘22 and hopefully there’s a mid-gen refresh that cleans a few things up and a Shelby model that follows.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
so looks like im not the only one saying the interior SUCKS@!
maybe ford can change it since they have a year to build it....
looks like an afterthought, just sat the whole thing on a shelf in the dash...and called it a day.
and how the screen sits up above the front dash?? really, you have to "look over" that to see out of...
i mean they could have integrated it so it "flows" with the lines but just looks like an add-on....
use whatever adjective for it, its all the same....ugly

fyi, i really like the outside, shame.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Who else out there thought the name Dark Horse was just a style package and not a car performance package version?

I thought it was going to be a style where everything was 'murdered out' or all the wheels and shiny bits were in black with possibly the taillights etc smoked out too.

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Wow! I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I could see myself dailying that gray/blue (Vapor Blue is the name?) GT coupe, or maybe a Dark Horse if it comes in that color, with a blower and maybe more aggressive cams.

They fixed the entire back half of the ugly European looking S550 IMHO. It looks a million times better! Especially the taillights. The front end also looks better and more aggressive than the S550 GT.

I'm not a fan of the iPad interior trend, either, but given everything else about the new S650, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Overall, I think this is a HUGE improvement over the S550 GT and just might be my next daily driver.

Thank you Ford!!!

Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
That interior looks like it was designed with right-hand drive in mind.

That instrument panel looks like a bolt-on, while the dash appears symmetric across the middle.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I love the exterior of the GT. The one thing I did not like was the center buttons below the screen. From a distance they looked plasticky and very cheap. Hopefully it is because it a pre-production model and they will improve the quality and appearance before it hits production.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I voted yes. I like some aspects of what they changed. The dark horse sounds like it's going to be a solid performer. I still want to see it in person before I am fully sold on it. I will admit that I hated the 18+ when they were introduced. I felt like the front end sloped too much and looked sleepy. However, after seeing on in person and looking at the updated models I came to love them more than the 15-17. I wouldn't trade my 20 RS3 for anything.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Since you asked, that’s a great looking Camero.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
I like it. Shape looks nice overall. Like many others not a giant fan of the massive screens. Though some of the interface does look nice. Looks like there's about an inch and a half of bezel around the screen which seems kind of odd, though what we're seeing is still prototype/not totally finished just seems a bit odd. Happy with my purchase but by no means think the new one looks bad. I remember I didn't much care for the S550 at launch, probably more so than the S650, but now look at me 😅.
Sponsored