• Poll closed .

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Glad I got my car when I did. The thing about redesigning something means you have to change things. The new one is not to my liking, I hate the digital dash, but I also don't care about streaming music or Apple Carplay. So I'm not the target age group anymore.

If this is going to be the last gas powered Mustang I can see Ford going all in to make it "The best one ever". More power and more tech. But like I said, it's not for me.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Hopefully in 25 or 26 they will offer an analogue dash option.

Tell that to the c8 bronco and f150 owners
Thats what they said about Dodge.

There is too much money in tuning. Someone will crack it.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I see a lot of sour grapes here today. It sucks when the thing you cherish is no longer the latest and greatest. Don't worry, Ford will make lots of them!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Same engine with dual throttle bodies and intakes. I wonder if it will tick and rattle twice as loud? :giggle:

They went back to a steel oil pan. Hmmm...

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I see a lot of sour grapes here today. It sucks when the thing you cherish is no longer the latest and greatest. Don't worry, Ford will make lots of them!
I think itā€™s more disappointment since Ford has been calling it 7th gen and it feels more like a 6th gen refresh. While Iā€™m not totally opposed to the digital interior, it couldā€™ve been integrated much better. The way it sticks out, it looks like they just slapped it in there. I like the exterior, Iā€™m good with that but it does just look like a smoothed out s550. I know I was expecting more changes like when they went from the s197 to the s550, especially if this is the last hurrah for the ICE Mustang.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
IMHO -
2B3F3312-B197-43EA-885F-B484C12A27D2.jpeg
16D04FEE-62CE-4921-8F39-83245DB28647.jpeg
D88AD340-BB2B-48B2-9CEA-47BF0AEAE767.jpeg
It doesnā€™t look any better close up..

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger

With the dodge they send you a whole new PCM to make it happen. That's a whole lot different than plugging into your obd port and uploading a new tune. Plus those things start close to $2000.

BTW- Whipple just announce a gen 6 for the 2024. I'm sure they got the rights from Ford just like Callaway did for the C8

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
46D05DCA-EB3F-4EB5-9BB3-A24B3089C776.jpeg
4F7628E6-21E7-4703-A784-DB5BDF09EA34.jpeg
2 piece trunk lid.. spolier attached to plastic rolled over edging.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

Still haven't cracked the 2020 and up M2.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a '19 GT PP2.

Hood heat extractor
Snowflake wheels - cool but feel cleaning will be a nightmare. Glad I have the PP2 wishbone wheels.

Dislikes:
lack of panel lines.
Looks like a Camaro - too flat
Front looks blunt. lacks character. Prefer the '19 front bumper better.
Miss the driving/fog lights - I like a lot of lighting on a front end
With all the 'flatness' all around, I guess they were really drawing from the FOX bodies but the FOX bodies have more lines that this. Either that or they wanted it to look more like a Camaro.

Do not like how narrow the headlights are - looks like it is squinting at something it cannot read
Lack of buttons - Hate to rely on touchscreen

All glass - my current 12in dash gets oblitterated when the sun comes from above. Can't read a damn thing. Imagine that happening with this. At least the S550 dash has a built in shade trying to help.
Wish the screens were integrated into the dash. Hate the Tablet resting on the dash look.

HATE the electronic hand brake - from what I understood, it is not a mechanical brake. Listen to where they talk about drifting and he mentions it is electronic. Have no need for it. Totally prefer a mechanical.

From what I heard and understood, the manual GT might not have a Tremec. that might be
Dark Horse only.

No need to control my car from a cell phone much less to rev the engine - waste of money.

I have a feeling there will be wheel poke with the Dark Horse and the 10.5/11 inch wheels. Doesn't bother me but it might be for some. To me, they re did the sheet metal, why couldn't they make the wheel wells accept cleanly the larget wheel they were offering?

Do not want cyllinder deactivation. Did not know it was included and hate it if it does. I must have missed that.

I do not like fake vents and the ones in front of the wheels look to be closed. I would have preferred they were eliminated instead of copying the mistake of the Civic Type R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a feeling I got lucky with my PP2 and the price. Everything in the Mach 1 for the HP package is stupid priced for not much more that I would use and already have and I'll bet the Dark Horse will be worse. If the price is too high, might as well get so many other better looking and designed cars.

Did they lose Shelby affiliation? Why no mention of a Shelby which is bothersome.

Even if the Dark Horse is a full second (in the manual - would NEVER buy an auto), I think I would keep my PP2. Is the Dark Horse A10 and Manual or Manual only? I feel we are quickly approaching my acceleratoin rate limit/need so speed doesn't thrill me. I want light weight and handling. I prefer the swists and turns over drag runs.

Not sure it will hold a Mode. There was no mention if they 'fixed' that.

I would have preferred a narrower and lighter car but I cannot expect a refresh claiming to be a new generation to get me there.

Will be keeping my '19 GT PP2

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Tell that to the c8 bronco and f150 owners
I will never be in a SUV or puckup crowd. Not my thing so I can't :)

I have no use for either. My Mustang is a daily and I borrow or rent when I need to cart stuff which doesn't happen often.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
46D05DCA-EB3F-4EB5-9BB3-A24B3089C776.jpeg
4F7628E6-21E7-4703-A784-DB5BDF09EA34.jpeg
2 piece trunk lid.. spolier attached to plastic rolled over edging.
I thought you were showing a previous gen Civic Type R for a brief minute there until I focused on the tail lights!!

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Overall the car is okay. What turns me off are

1. Locked PCM
2.steel quarter panels
3. Auto start stop

These are the deal breakers for me. And did someone above really say the "For compression ratio to go from 11:1 to 12:1 means a small bump in hp" really still doesn't get it
ok, then explain.

The bore and stroke now to 2024 is 92.2 x 92.7 mm to 93 x 92.7 mm

They haven't published horsepower numbers, still guesswork.

So are they simply changing the compression for thermal efficiency?

They're looking to flow more air with dual throttle bodies.

Maybe the big change is in the curve.

Still, why leave out HP and Torque numbers? They can't meet their target? They can't meet emissions?

Ford screwed up my Mach 1 HP 2021 order, just outright cancelled it after 7 months. Not even a 'what can we change to complete your order?' Not even a 'ha-ha fuck you!'. Leaving it entirely to the dealer to call me, that it was cancelled.

I held my nose and re-ordered the de-tuned 2022 in Nov 2021. I got an order email, then NOTHING until Aug 19, only to say they were diligently working on it. (I had already cancelled that order in June)

Yeah, Ford can eat shit claiming in trying to market an "all new Mustang!".

-

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
ok, then explain.

The bore and stroke now to 2024 is 92.2 x 92.7 mm to 93 x 92.7 mm

They haven't published horsepower numbers, still guesswork.

So are they simply changing the compression for thermal efficiency?

They're looking to flow more air with dual throttle bodies.

Maybe the big change is in the curve.

Still, why leave out HP and Torque numbers? They can't meet their target? They can't meet emissions?

Ford screwed up my Mach 1 HP 2021 order, just outright cancelled it after 7 months. Not even a 'what can we change to complete your order?' Not even a 'ha-ha fuck you!'. Leaving it entirely to the dealer to call me, that it was cancelled.

I held my nose and re-ordered the de-tuned 2022 in Nov 2021. I got an order email, then NOTHING until Aug 19, only to say they were diligently working on it. (I had already cancelled that order in June)

Yeah, Ford can eat shit claiming in trying to market an "all new Mustang!".

-
Looks like nothing has changed...22 to 24. Ill leave it at that. There have been multiple threads on this topic which i will not rehash here
Screenshot_20220906_204008.jpg
Sponsored