Votes: 188 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Tail lights look like someone got bored with trying and thought ‘f*ck it, that’ll do’
Front end is bland.
Digital dash is huge. Why does everything have to look like a fighter jet ? Is that what Ford thinks that car drivers aspire to ? It appears to me to be a mish mash of completely different design ideas ie some retro, some modern and no doubt a designer would say that I don’t understand design, but my overwhelming feeling about the car is that it just doesn’t work as a whole and I’m deeply disappointed.
Sponsored

Replicator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (RS3 Clone)
Kinda looks like a Charger and Camaro had kids... then those kids inbred. If you do a quick look at the front you'd first think it was a current gen Charger. Same thing with the rear and Camaro. The dash and interior just doesn't feel smooth. The whole car feels like it had a lot of potential but flatlined. I'll wait to see one in person but I'm happy with keeping my S550.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Hate the dash. I want more of a classic dash design for a fun sports car.
Dark Horse= I d never own a black car, just my taste.
I could live with the outside look. I like the hood.
Overall not a big enough difference to step out of a M1.
Price point for what I d order= too high.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I can't resist weighing in on the S650.

I've been a long time Mustang fan. My first car (in the early 1970's, when I was in high school) was a 1965 Mustang convertible (Ivy Green, 289 V8, automatic). I've owned 5 Mustangs in my life, including my current 2015 GT. When I was a kid, I walked to a nearby Ford dealer and saw the festivities when the 1965 (1964 1/2) Mustang was introduced (it was a white coupe with a red interior). Also as a kid I went to the 1964 World's Fair and sat in a Mustang convertible on the "Magic Skyway' ride.

I’m beyond THRILLED that Ford chose to keep the internal combustion engine for this refresh, especially the classic 5.0 V8. I’m also ecstatic that Ford kept the manual transmission. However, beyond that, I’m disappointed in the car, and think it’s a step back from the previous model in many ways.

While the body hard points and greenhouse are the same, I don’t like the front and rear end treatments. The front end is both more bland as well as incorporates the currently trendy but I think ugly 'asteroid impact crater' look with big, gaping black spaces in the bumper. The taillights, while maybe ‘edgy’, are too Honda-Civic like and not as classically Mustang as on the S550.

I like what seems to be offerings of more colors for interior upholstery, two-tones and contrasting stitching. But the two-iPad dash is gag-me horrible. It literally looks like two iPads glued to the dash in some sort of striving for the absolutely cheapest build they could get away with. Is that really the best they could do? Apparently Farley must have cut the design, engineering, and manufacturing budget for the interior to zero.

I also can't deal with putting too many controls on a touch screen, which on its own is a deal-breaker for me. I will never buy a car with climate controls on a touch screen. I just don’t think it’s safe and don’t feel comfortable driving one. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know Tesla and all their fan bois love it, but it's just not as usable, easy, or safe as haptic knobs and buttons. The only reason Ford and other car manufacturers do it is because it's cheaper.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/0...y-are-worse-than-buttons-in-cars-study-finds/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/23/opinion/touch-screens-cars.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/why-some-people-hate-touch-screens-in-cars.html

I’m sure Ford doesn’t care about my opinions (though I may be the prime Mustang demographic), and all this is baked in, but I’ll definitely be keeping my 2015!

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Meh ...

The overall lines are not bad. Body panels are too flat, no visual interest and a cheap look. The interior is not bad, I kind of like the new digital dash designs that most manufacturers are leaning towards now. Not a fan of the grill at all. From some angles it looks OK, from others, it looks like the just lopped off the body panels and forgot to put the finishing trim on.

I would have to see the car in person, but to be honest, based on styling alone, there is nothing here that would make me want to run out and buy one.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I was lucky enough to be at the reveal party in Detroit. I like the S650, but NOT the headlights. I understand the thinking of the design group going with the "tri-bar" look to the them. But I think they look like a Dodge Charger or Camaro.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Headlights and hood scoop placement RUIN the front completely....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I absolutely HATE the dash, and it alone is a deal breaker for me. Screens, screens, and more screens. Plus it looks like it was pulled straight out of a truck. Gag. After all, the interior is where you spend most of your time with the vehicle. Did I mention that I hate the dash?

The exterior is OK, better than a '18+, IMO (except Mach and Shelby). I actually kind of like the taillights, although I think the Mock-E's are better executed.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
we need another category separating the interior from exterior.
the Exterior i flat out Love! looks sleek, chiseled, crisp, edgy.....

the Interior i flat out HATE! the huge electronic dash, worthless.....
they could have integrated it into an ACTUAL dash similar to the 18+ models....
i think they really failed in this dept.
if that is what i have to look at while im driving, then hard PASS on purchase.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My 18 and 21yr old sons friggin adore it, I’m kinda meh, s’alright
That’s exactly who Ford is going after with the interior. The younger generation needs the tech so they’re trying to cater towards them. Problem will be affordability….

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My 2.3 cents.

1. EcoBoost owners are going to feel bad being called out for driving the non-GT model. Prior to this you were really driving the exact same vehicle with a different power plant and different badging. Now you've got a car that is distinctively different looking. Not sure how this will do for sales.

2. I actually think the hood looks really good. I also like the new roofline more as well.

3. The rear end looks almost exactly like the Mach-E now - maybe part of the plan to eventually merge the two. Inverse arrow is not Mustang heritage.

4. 480HP in this day and age isn't much to write home about. With an entire new refresh and "gen 4" engine, they should have at least broke 500 for the base GT. I also suspect there is something with that dual-intake designed to reduce cylinders etc. Cringe moment saying "30 more horsepower than last year" without mentioning last year was "10 less horsepower than the year before".

5. Performance needs to be seen. Adding 30 horsepower but then adding another 100lbs. of weight with the new interior/tech is going to be moot. Interested to see if they did any weight reduction or if they've improved the suspension for better traction/handling.

6. Rev with your keyfob is cringe.

7. Dark Horse looks to be the new Mach 1 -- pricing will dictate if it's worth it for 20 more horsepower vs. something like a C8 - getting into that price range now.

8. Interior is going to be personal preference. I get the move to more tech with the big screen. Time will tell how useful it is. I already hate the current "pony" button controls as I'm trying to drive and access various features - but that could be fixed with more intuitive menu options. I do like the Fox body nod with the custom cluster look. It would be nice to add all the retro Mustang clusters to the library.

9. Sitting at a light with the auto shutoff/restart will be annoying. I'm assuming it can be disabled. How this works with a loud car is going to be interesting.
Sponsored