Love it! It makes the 6th gen look old.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The GT looked fine, didn't blow me away. In fairness I wasn't blown away by the S550 when it came out either, so maybe it just needs some time.
I really liked the Dark Horse. Hate the name of it and the badge is just comical. Bet it'll be pricey $$

I won't buy either because of the interior. I can't stand the digital dash. Why automakers are pushing these on us I'll never understand. Guess I'm getting old.
Also putting the climate controls in the screen :thumbsdown:
Same arm rest, same horrible shift knob. Not really a big deal but kind of lazy on Ford's part

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The GT looked fine, didn't blow me away. In fairness I wasn't blown away by the S550 when it came out either, so maybe it just needs some time.
I really liked the Dark Horse. Hate the name of it and the badge is just comical. Bet it'll be pricey $$

I won't buy either because of the interior. I can't stand the digital dash. Why automakers are pushing these on us I'll never understand. Guess I'm getting old.
Also putting the climate controls in the screen :thumbsdown:
Same arm rest, same horrible shift knob. Not really a big deal but kind of lazy on Ford's part
I like the idea of the digital dash but I do NOT like the lazy slapped on tablet design. The camry had that design 4 years ago. I think the digital displays would look better if they were more integrated into the dash, personally. I am curious to see what direction this takes as the design matures over the lifespan of the s650

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Remember when we laughed because Chevy threw away the Camaro styling cues and grafted a big ugly grill and generic front fascia on the Camaro? This is that on a Mustang. Truck styling for everything.

The headlights lose all their Mustang DNA and look like a generic SUV. The Transformer Mustang badge is lame. I don't mind the side view. It's what I wanted for the S550 originally but I've since become accustomed to the extra character lines.

I like my '18 digital dash but I don't care for this wall of glass look. Maybe these displays are better but mine washes out when the sun hits it right even with a shade over it. And any driver's car should have physical controls for climate. Ford did a cool thing with the physical knob on the Mach E screen. They should have provided two knob/button combos here and it would have been great.

The rest of the interior is ok. I don't care for the handbrake shape but at least they didn't go electronic.

Sponsored

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If this was the world beater Farley was promoting, Ford needs a new CEO.
Was a Camaro or Challenger the daddy? Or maybe the the Nissan 400 was the milk delivery man.
That hood looks like 1/2 of a tennis court with a steep roll on the front. And who jacked the tail lights with the broken looking <. Not a good look.
And wow, maybe 500HP, a tire shredding 20 more than the M1.
The “glass” dash rounds off the utter underwhelming waste of a “new generation” Mustang.
All the hype and Ford completely missed the mark.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
I agree with the gotta see it in person sentiment but so far the front and side Camaro vibes are a turn off for me. The rear view even reminds me of a 70's Camaro. My first impression of the Dark Horse badge from a distance was a Ram badge. Then closer it looks like a horse with cropped ears. Weird, cartoonish but not a deal breaker for the presumed performance bump which they alluded to being an improvement even over the Mach 1.. Pray they allow us mere mortals to afford it.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
I kind of have mixed feelings about it.
On the outside:
1. I feel the distinguishable headlight tri-bar lights are dissolved into something many other car makers have - it is not as distinguished anymore.
2. Tail lights - same thing - I find them to be very much cartoonish, without volume or texture...and very similar to Mach-E.
3. On the positive side however, the customization options like wheels and bumpers, etc. out of the box are quite exciting.
Another thing I kind of noticed during the reveal and the pictures, but not sure it is correct, it seems the GT has the all-glass sunroof, which for me is a tremendous thing. I really miss the glass roof and the weather around here is not that good for getting a convertible option.
4. The body lines are nice, a bit too sharp for my taste, but we'll see in person. I was like that with the 2017 facelift - i didn't like it that much when it came out, now I love the lines of my Mach 1.

On the inside:
1. I miss the old-school mechanical switches on the 2014-2022.
2. I dislike the digital dashes. I honestly hate touch screens - they are so much distracting to use when driving - I prefer 100 times more tactile switches and knobs, you don't need to look at it when you get used to where it is. Unfortunately everything goes full digital.
3. I like the full scale customization options though - you literally have control over all the aspects of the car - engine mode, suspension mode, exhaust mode - all independent is awesome feature, yet, it did not really had to be integrated / available from the touch screen only...
4. The steering wheel - mixed feelings. In the pictures looks cheap and not refined...

Engine and suspension
1. #SaveTheManuals !!! - awesome, no need to comment the stick-shift option.
2. Details on the engines seem to yet be made fully available, but the 500+ hp on the dark horse is very exciting thing.
3. Magneride is available, and it is a next gen, as mentioned, so yet another thing to like.
4. They've mentioned something about options for brakes, so as long as it is not color options only, this would be a great plus.

Sorry for the wall-post, but this is my point of view I felt like sharing. I guess I will have to wait to see it in person, if it even comes to Europe bearing in mind the emission restrictions. But so far, I am definitely not swapping my Mach 1 for the new gen.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
4 things stand out,
headlights not a fan
The dash is trash, terrible EV styling all over it.
Do like what they did out back with the filler panel. The taillights look ok, glad they kept the 6-lite assembly.
Interesting the double intake ducting

SrBio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 Mustang GT, 02 F250, 97 Mustang, 78 Malibu drag car
My initial impression, “hey, it’s a Camaro you can see out of”. Really I don’t have strong feelings either way yet. Need to be near one. I’m pretty certain it will not have a ‘69 Mach 1 level impact on me. Still can’t walk away from one without looking back.
Sponsored