Sponsored

What year is the new Hybrid Mustang

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I read new Mustang will be a hybrid, with some form of electric incorporated. Just wondering when it is coming out. Just asking because I might want to get a new 5.0 that is all internal combustion engine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's hope more delays. Just more things to break, increase cost.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
You started a thread to ask people for unknown information about an unreleased car you refuse to buy? K.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I read new Mustang will be a hybrid, with some form of electric incorporated. Just wondering when it is coming out. Just asking because I might want to get a new 5.0 that is all internal combustion engine.
Where did you read this as a fact? Ford has not said anything about a Mustang hybrid in the new S650. Right now everything is purely speculative. The one and only thing we know now is that their will be a V8 powered car.

All being said there will be thousands of β€œpure” V8’s available after the S650 powertrains are introduced. At that point you can decide what you want to do.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I read about it from this forum, not sure.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler for example now comes with eTorque, which is a hybrid, huge alternator-starter combo with big battery encased inside a metal in the back of passenger cabin, with radiator hose going there to help cool along with passenger cabin AC air. It assists with additional torque to start moving among other things. I just thought some form of hybrid is upon us in all vehicles. It all started with some president's EPA rule, starting with the stupid engine auto stop/start feature.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Where did you read this as a fact? Ford has not said anything about a Mustang hybrid in the new S650. Right now everything is purely speculative. The one and only thing we know now is that their will be a V8 powered car.

All being said there will be thousands of β€œpure” V8’s available after the S650 powertrains are introduced. At that point you can decide what you want to do.
There was a linkedin post mention hybrid s650 development. So while its not an official announcement, id take that as a very very strong indication.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford haven't announced a thing.

However, we expect S650 to launch in March 2023. We also expect the Ecoboost and V8 GT to be available as they are now. At some point during S650's run, we expect a hybrid to be launched. There are rumors there could be an Ecoboost hybrid and a V8 hybrid.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid is futile effort. Will have zero impact.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm gonna say first Hybrid will be in 2024...

πŸ™ƒ

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Let's hope more delays. Just more things to break, increase cost.
Hybrid is futile effort. Will have zero impact.
I don't understand? You ask when it will come, say you want a 5.0 then do nothing but put down what you asked about? It's inane.
Buy you a 5.0 and quit worrying about something that is still years away and won't affect you anyway...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't understand? You ask when it will come, say you want a 5.0 then do nothing but put down what you asked about? It's inane.
Buy you a 5.0 and quit worrying about something that is still years away and won't affect you anyway...
See Post #7 :crackup: :cwl:
Sponsored