Sponsored

What would you have bought if Mustang not came to UK?

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I ended up with an M2 Comp after Ford screwed up my Mustang order. Great car to drive but still yearn for the Mustang
Be interested to hear why that is? How much better is the M2 Comp than the Mustang in terms of driveability? The M2 has always been the car I would have got if not for the Mustang.
Sponsored

Balloonatic84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Orange Fury - On Order!
I didn't get to drive the Mustang other than the test drive so a direct comparison is hard. I find M2C offers a lot of confidence though, I feel like I can stick it into a corner and know how its going to react.

My yearn for the Mustang comes more from the looks and sound; I don't get overly excited by the look of the M2 and when you have to start pumping artificial engine sound into the cockpit something is clearly wrong somewhere! For me the Mustang just looks and sounds a more exciting car, more of a head-turner if you will.

Ultimately, it's probably 6 of one and half a dozen of another.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I drove the standard M2 and those were my thoughts

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i'd say the M2 will be the quicker car down an A or B road, its certainly lighter on its toes but I found it to be very much like being in a playstation sim. Last chance to own a V8 manual was too tempting plus of course it's a Mustang! It does stand out from the crowd :sunglasses:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think realistically the M2C is the only car worth considering. Having owned the M2, its a fantastic car it really is and the only one out there IMO that has a character anywhere near that of the GT. Handling wise they are totally different cars, the GT is just that a GT and the M2C/M2's are very angry little coupes, like terriers!!!

There really isnt much In the ÂŁ40k-ÂŁ50k bracket, coupe wise that is and ones with soul.

An M2 DCT without doubt from standstill 'feels' faster than my GT manual, in fact there is no way it wasnt faster. In gear (the right one) I dont think much in it and once creeping up the Mustang has it for me.

Wet and cold roads the GT feels more planted, could be the MP4S on the GT who knows. In the dry again i the M2 had it handling wise.

I like them equally, nothing in it for me. Certain things better on the M2, certain things better on the GT. The M2C though lacks the noise of the N55 M2 which was a real shame, as the M2 sounds lovely but nowhere near the level of pleasure that V8 sound give me!

Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I came from a 2008 XKR b/c I wanted a true stick shift. Believe it or not the Stang handles and is much more stable than the Jag

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Might have bought a Jaguar F-type or upgraded to another Lotus.

The Mustang Is a great compliment to my Lotus Elise

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Always fancied a Lotus Elise/exige but I’ve never fully had the balls to pull the trigger due to 2 seats, impractical, pretty harsh ride, interior. Definitely a 2nd car rather than my only car if that makes any sense? Similar to you really. If I had a double garage a Lotus would probably be in bay2!!! I would never have kept the m2 and mustang as although different they aren’t different enough IMO

love the lotus though really do.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it can only be an M2 or a Mustang, even though they are somewhat different they are too similar to be kept together.

Sponsored

Golden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Octavia VRS, Mini Cooper S, Caterham R500
Probably a 50% chance I would have got a BMW M2, a 20% chance kept my E90 BMW M3, a 15% chance got the previous generation Porsche Cayman (before changed to 4 cylinder), 10% chance imported a LHD Mustang and a 5% chance would have not bought any performance/weekend type car.
So currently have a Caterham 7, which never gets used as it has two seats, can't be used in the rain and can't be left unattended. Have whittled down my list of replacements to an M2, E90 M3 or Mustang. Out of interest what drove you to chose the mustang!? Very Interested to hear peoples opinions. Plenty of mates mock me for considering the mustang over the BMWs but other peoples opinions aren't what makes me happy when I'm in a car!

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strange that they mock you for not being a sheep and buying a Mustang over another run of the mill BMW! I get an overwhelmingly positive reaction with the Mustang. I bet they are the type of person to buy a 320i but call it an M car because it has an M sport badge!
Why did I buy the Mustang over a BMW? Because the Mustang feels special, even when just crusing at low speeds and looks great. Plus I wanted a manual so was either BMW or Porsche realistically. When you see a Mustang you know what it is and that it ain't gonna be a diesel trying to look sporty or have those stupid backfiring exhausts.
Although I must admit I probably wouldn't take the car to work but as i get the train that's not an issue.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So currently have a Caterham 7, which never gets used as it has two seats, can't be used in the rain and can't be left unattended. Have whittled down my list of replacements to an M2, E90 M3 or Mustang. Out of interest what drove you to chose the mustang!? Very Interested to hear peoples opinions. Plenty of mates mock me for considering the mustang over the BMWs but other peoples opinions aren't what makes me happy when I'm in a car!
I have had several friend and colleagues imply the Mustang is a downgrade from my M2, for me I dont think it is as pretty similar money wise after all the discounts have been applied to the M2C BMW style!! Although the GT still cheaper by a few grand but not as much as sticker prices suggest. Most people love Mustangs, far more positive reactions to it than i got in my M2, people generally dont think you're an arrogant tosspot like they do if you own an M car. However although the Mustang gets the attention I am not so sure given the choice the same people who give it the attention would in fact buy one over for example an M2, if that makes sense. Mustangs are very marmite in terms of buying one.

When i purchased my M2 I did look at Mustangs too, but the M2 got my money but here i am after over 3 years of glorious M2 ownership driving a GT Mustang. Both great cars and glad i've owned them both, which one is better is impossible to answer IMO.

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The stang has bags of soul which alI the German cars lack. I bought a new 350z a good few years back. I loved it for about a month and after the novelty wore off it just felt like driving a Jap sedan, ok quick but the love affair was over. Lesson learnt...

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very few cars, especially at this price point, would get as much attention as the Mustang does, people stop and point.

Even after owning the Mustang for 3 years still not bored of it, nothing out there I would change to. Added bonus is that cheap to service, 5 year warranty, will go into the new London ULEZ and only ÂŁ140 road tax.
Sponsored