Sponsored

What would you have bought if Mustang not came to UK?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Probably a 50% chance I would have got a BMW M2, a 20% chance kept my E90 BMW M3, a 15% chance got the previous generation Porsche Cayman (before changed to 4 cylinder), 10% chance imported a LHD Mustang and a 5% chance would have not bought any performance/weekend type car.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely a second hand M car :like:

I had also considered (but not down to a specific model) an older muscle car, but a fully rebuilt one on modern engine and suspension etc, I think the correct terminology is 'Retromod' ? :sunglasses:

WD :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interesting question...

I originally had my eye on an Audi A3, but couldn't justify the mid 20's price tag for what it was, even if it had the sporty looking options. I even test drove a Focus in 2014 but never got further than that. Fun fact, I actually placed an order for a newer version of what I had (a 2011 Fiesta Zetec S), but cancelled after I heard there was a 10 week waiting list! Didn't even consider a on of the Ford ST models, I guess at the time my thoughts were it was too expensive to insure! This was all late 2014.

I even entertained the idea of a 60's stang, preferably custom built and RHD, but the ÂŁ40-50k price tag put me off at the time.

Ordering the Mustang almost happened by accident - I had filled in an online form to see how much I could px the Fiesta for, which was about ÂŁ5k I think at the time, then had a call the next day and purely out of curiosity asked about the Mustang (this was Feb 2015), before I knew it, I had ÂŁ1k down to be on the waiting list for an Ecoboost and the rest is history!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i was on my way to the aston garage in leeds to get a v8 vantage heard ford ad on radio saying mustang coming to uk turned around and went to ford garage instead. if they hadn't brought it across i'd have continued up to the am garage.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
S197...that was the long-term plan when they announced the 6g was coming.

But possibly POSSIBLY a Challenger....

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
S197...that was the long-term plan when they announced the 6g was coming.

But possibly POSSIBLY a Challenger....
This....

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
I wanted something sensible as was swapping from a Range Rover Sport and had signed on the dotted line for a brand new TT, and was supposed to put the deposit down but their card machine was broken. That night i watched Top Gear and they had a yellow Mustang on and i was like Sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tttt i forgot about the Mustang! Next day I called Audi and pretended i had doone the man maths and i couldnt afford it, and backed out of the deal... all while sat in the Ford dealership.

Im just glad the Audi card machine was broken!

Sponsored

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A Westfield 250 Sport. Had a test drive and everything. Bought the Mustang because I figured I'd ultimately get more use out of it. So you see a 5 litre V8 is the sensible choice...

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
CF63AF72-38D8-4264-A01E-82C90FB39DED.png
Challenger

Still have that itch...

Saw this on autotrader but it’s a puny V6 and budget won’t stretch to a real hellcat

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Maserati Granturismo or another 911.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
GTR but have that too now. Really liking the R33 GTR recently and also looking at some 69 mustangs too maybe for a restomod.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Would have been a Mk3 Focus RS, was the natural step up from the ST I had before venturing into the Mustang Ecoboost when they were knocking lots of money off in 2017, then again offer too good to pass up in 2018 with the current GT :like:

Still fancy an RS after summer so Mustang May have to make way for a hot hatch again!
Sponsored