What would make you sell your Mach?

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I'd consider this a downgrade from a Mach 1 HP. But to each their own. I wouldn't even trade it for a 19'-20' GT350R. I would just add it to the stable, but I much rather have a C7 Z06 or S550 GT500.
Interesting. I am curious why you think it would be a downgrade. To be clear, I am sincerely interested in your opinion.
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Interesting. I am curious why you think it would be a downgrade. To be clear, I am sincerely interested in your opinion.
Sure. The Mach 1 HP has the same braking and handling capabilities as the GT350R. The only differences are the motor and the specific trim parts (steering wheel, seats, etc). The motor is the biggest one. I prefer the 5.0 platform, and the M1 5.0 has the GT350 parts, and specific tune that make it as high-strung, and rev-happy as the Voodoo. Except...that the reliability of the 5.0 is tried and proven, as well as it's performance.

Next is the exhaust note. I prefer the M1, it has that American muscle rev-happy sound. The Voodoo is more of a Euro flavor. This is all preference.

Add it all up, and to me the M1 HP is a much better package. Everything that was learned from the S550 was put into the M1 HP (for the 5.0). As a reference, I have driven a GT350R. I considered as part of my research before purchasing my M1.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Sure. The Mach 1 HP has the same braking and handling capabilities as the GT350R. The only differences are the motor and the specific trim parts (steering wheel, seats, etc). The motor is the biggest one. I prefer the 5.0 platform, and the M1 5.0 has the GT350 parts, and specific tune that make it as high-strung, and rev-happy as the Voodoo. Except...that the reliability of the 5.0 is tried and proven, as well as it's performance.

Next is the exhaust note. I prefer the M1, it has that American muscle rev-happy sound. The Voodoo is more of a Euro flavor. This is all preference.

Add it all up, and to me the M1 HP is a much better package. Everything that was learned from the S550 was put into the M1 HP (for the 5.0). As a reference, I have driven a GT350R. I considered as part of my research before purchasing my M1.
All good points. Thank you. Appreciate your reply.

OP
OP
Obsidian

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
I love my Mach but in a dream scenario if I could swap with a GT350 with a factory warranty I would sign so fast (especially the heritage edition)

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
If I could get a 2022 code orange GT500 with tech package and handling package and arrive at same current payment amount or very close to it, I would probably do that. I am teleworking more now than I did in the past so the work driving wouldn't be as bad on gas consumption.

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
I love my Mach but in a dream scenario if I could swap with a GT350 with a factory warranty I would sign so fast (especially the heritage edition)
The choice of a GT350 vs. Mach 1 was a hard decision for me to make. I likely would have bought a used '19 or '20 GT350 over my M1 if two things would have been different: 1) The price of used GT350s hadn't climbed so high in the last few years (thanks, COVID!) and 2) I could have gotten a GT350 with a factory warranty on it. Buying my used non-HP M1 with all factory options for $58k with just 3 months and 700 miles gone from the bumper-to-bumper warranty was a big deal, and one I just couldn't pass up. Had I been able to find a '20 GT350 with under 15k miles on it for $60k, I would have been very tempted to choose that option instead.

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Premium Mach 1 6-Speed with Recaros
The only differences are the motor and the specific trim parts (steering wheel, seats, etc).
I'm not contesting your overall point but there are a few more differences. The M1 has the GT500's rear end which results in pretty different on-power handling compared to the GT350. The M1 also has Ford's EPAS active nibble control & pull drift compensation which reduce feel a tiny bit, while the systems are absent in the Shelbys. However the tradeoff is a more livable car. Also, despite the shared front subframe, I'd imagine the front suspension architecture is a bit different too given the GT350's widebody & wider track.

I was considering a GT350 but decided an M1 made much more sense for me, and I have zero regrets.

As for the original question, there are more than a few Porsches that would have me trading my M1 if the circumstances were right.

syntor_z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chev Impala SS, 13 BMW K1300S, 05 Honda RC51
What would make me sell my Mach 1 6-spd HP in EG?

Money. As in more than I paid. I know someone that made money on two GT500s sales. If someone dangled that in front of me it would be hard to resist.

Then I could buy more motorcycles.

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
Right now, not much could get me to sell. It would have to be a butt load of money. I mean an insane stupid, un-realistic fantasy amount of money.

Sponsored

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I have a dark horse with handling package on order. If I drive it, and love it enough, I might. But I sold my 21 Mach 1 to get into a wrangler. And I regretted it so much. I think it’ll take a lot to get me to sell my 23 Mach 1. Especially because I got fighter jet grey. I love that it’s a unique color for a mustang. And yea I ordered blue ember for the dark horse. But I prefer lighter colors because they are way easier to keep clean.

Hi rpm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N/A
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, Iconic Silver, 6 Speed, 700A, HP
Tough call with less than 900 miles on my 2022 Mach 1 .

Possibly a one owner, super clean, completely stock, super low mileage 2013 SBY Boss Laguna Seca.
Sold to me from a Ford dealer. One that would give me a big enough trade allowance to get out from under the Mach 1.

That might do it. Then again, maybe not. It might have to be a loaded 2013/2014 Shelby GT500.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I spent about 2 hrs last Friday on a track behind the wheel of an AMG GT-R. It would have me saying adios to my M1 in a heartbeat if I could stomach the price tag ($200k). Front engine, rear wheel drive just like the S550 but twin turbos on the V-8, and 4 wheel steer. Braking was amazing, handling incredible, power was refined and predictable. Amazing track car.

IMG_0980.jpeg
I also drove the GT-R on the track and it's amazing. It's like a German hotrod. Personally, I could never use it on my local roads, but on the track it's mental.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Probably nothing would make me sell it now unless i fell in a pile of money somehow. As car as new vs new i wish i had saved up 6 more months and gotten a GT500.
Sponsored