Sponsored

What wires to tap to illuminate boost gauge?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Does anyone know which wire or wires I need to tap into to illuminate the light in my auto meter boost gauge ? I’d like to splice into the headlight wiring so that when the headlights come on the boost gauge light comes on and I would still be able to dim the boost gauge along with the interior lights . Car is a 2019 mustang GT . Thx!
Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know which wire or wires I need to tap into to illuminate the light in my auto meter boost gauge ? I’d like to splice into the headlight wiring so that when the headlights come on the boost gauge light comes on and I would still be able to dim the boost gauge along with the interior lights . Car is a 2019 mustang GT . Thx!
have you actually got the gauge yet? the one i have (which i've not installed yet due to laziness) is virtually impossible to see without it lit up. basically the light is essential on this one so worth checking.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Does the gauge have a separate power and dimmer wire?

If you have a separate dimmer wire you want to tap the Purple/white wire in the passenger kick panel going to the BCM. You can't power it with that though, so you'll have to use it on a relay for power if the gauge doesn't have a dimmer wire.

Make sure you tap purple/white and not purple/grey. Easy to mix them up (ask me how I know)

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
Does the gauge have a separate power and dimmer wire?

If you have a separate dimmer wire you want to tap the Purple/white wire in the passenger kick panel going to the BCM. You can't power it with that though, so you'll have to use it on a relay for power if the gauge doesn't have a dimmer wire.

Make sure you tap purple/white and not purple/grey. Easy to mix them up (ask me how I know)
purple and white shows 12v and powers on when the doors open, power off when they close on my car

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
purple and white shows 12v and powers on when the doors open, power off when they close on my car
I ended up installing an add-a-fuse into an ignition on fuse because I really like that the Autometer Cobalt gauge light is now on whenever the ignition is on...no straining to see my boost level.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Are you sure you got purple/white and not purple/gray? They're easy to mix up.

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I ended up installing an add-a-fuse into an ignition on fuse because I really like that the Autometer Cobalt gauge light is now on whenever the ignition is on...no straining to see my boost level.
Do you have pics of the installation? I'm currently in this situation, looking for some visual aids to help my installation. Thanks!
Sponsored