Sponsored

What wind deflector / windscreen should I buy?

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
An intercooler, catback and pro tune runs about $2k and makes car a whole lotta fun, a windblocker and light bar near $1k, im thinkin shoulda bought a coupe.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
An intercooler, catback and pro tune runs about $2k and makes car a whole lotta fun, a windblocker and light bar near $1k, im thinkin shoulda bought a coupe.
Verts aint cheap but they sure are fun.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My wind deflector cost me under $150. And I think the light bars look cheap. Guess I came our $850 ahead...

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
It’s really a “whatever floats your boat” thing. I have done zero mods to my car, I’m happy with it as it is. But my wind blocker allows me to drive top down to near the freezing mark, and driving top down as much as possible is why I bought the car.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
0 mods to the car, how do you get through the day.

I kid, i think we all wish we could stop wanting more and settle and be much better off.
I mean we all liked the car or wouldnt have bought it, so why throw all this money into them knowing come resale time those upgrades are worth a fraction what we paid.
But it does make you smile more with that added HP on occasion when you can get away with having a little fun.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
0 mods to the car, how do you get through the day.

I kid, i think we all wish we could stop wanting more and settle and be much better off.
I mean we all liked the car or wouldnt have bought it, so why throw all this money into them knowing come resale time those upgrades are worth a fraction what we paid.
But it does make you smile more with that added HP on occasion when you can get away with having a little fun.
Not o mention the added chance of speeding fines, nowhere did Adam mention his tune may lead to lead footing into citations. Really should come with a warning.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
After comparing the different versions of wind deflector that fit the S550, I just purchased the Aperta model from Europe.

Sponsored

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It’s really a “whatever floats your boat” thing. I have done zero mods to my car, I’m happy with it as it is. But my wind blocker allows me to drive top down to near the freezing mark, and driving top down as much as possible is why I bought the car.
Adding a wind screen is kinda the definition of a modification.
So you do have at least 1 mod to your car.
Personally I was quite happy with the car the way I bought it. It was/is a great car and tons of fun.
But
I have added several mods (jacking rails, hood struts, a wind screen, SmartTop module and a few minor cosmetic things) and each has incrementally made it a better car and made me happier with each one.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Adding a wind screen is kinda the definition of a modification.
So you do have at least 1 mod to your car.
Personally I was quite happy with the car the way I bought it. It was/is a great car and tons of fun.
But
I have added several mods (jacking rails, hood struts, a wind screen, SmartTop module and a few minor cosmetic things) and each has incrementally made it a better car and made me happier with each one.
Ha, ha, I suppose, but in my mind a mod is something that takes a bit of doing to undo. I have considered jacking rails to make the seasonal tire swap easier but ended up just buying an aluminum pinch weld block. I’d love to get a Quick Jack at some point and if that happens the jacking rails will probably follow.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
How clean is the install on headrest posts? Can you post a pic. I can't see one close up on their website of gallery.

What's the back seat turbulence like?
I can add some pics later. the install is fairly clean and easy, two braces screw through the wind restrictor they are powder coated matte black. they have a cylindrical end the headrest slides through and you tighten two screws with nuts to lock them in. As for how they move another poster mentioned how the device will move when a passenger moves their seat around, true it does. I called the folks in Dallas and they assured me that while bolted to the headrest there's no issue of the wind restrictor getting damaged at all. It may look off a little but okay. It works great for reducing the wind turbulence after a few test drives before the cold came.

About lighted versions, this is more expensive than the fabric models but for the money I have the classic pony and led lighting. You can have the pony and no lights, even send them your own art and they'll engrave that too. I'm not cash strapped these days (not rich either) so I can do the better upgrades when I want to now.
Sponsored