Sponsored

What wind deflector / windscreen should I buy?

salsolomon13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
I also have the Audi one. Easy to install and the fact that it folds to easily fit in the trunk (or closet at home) is a big plus.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
How are y'all attaching the Audi wind blocker ?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
You
You will need to drill two small holes in the interior trim panels, but it is worth it IMHO. The Audi option is far better than the LTD.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I only drilled the two holes. I used a piece of pipe insulation in the middle of the back to keep the deflector from chafing the seats, but air pressure is enough to keep it in place at any speed.

IMG_20200908_124230.jpg

Sponsored

MButler51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible, 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 1972 Chev K10 4x4 pickup (bought new).
We like our Love The Drive windscreen. Not too expensive (around $450 as I recall) and gets the job done. And it WILL fit in the trunk even with the factory Pro-Shaker sub-woofer (though you do have to unscrew and fold in the mounting ears on the front edge). It can also stay up and the top will still go up and down - no need to fold it down to put the top up. And I must say - any windscreen really extends your top-down season in cold country. I’d say a month on either end. They work.

166C0B3A-8C2E-4E91-8D8E-880CC218BBAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
We like our Love The Drive windscreen. Not too expensive (around $450 as I recall) and gets the job done. And it WILL fit in the trunk even with the factory Pro-Shaker sub-woofer (though you do have to unscrew and fold in the mounting ears on the front edge). It can also stay up and the top will still go up and down - no need to fold it down to put the top up. And I must say - any windscreen really extends your top-down season in cold country. I’d say a month on either end. They work.

166C0B3A-8C2E-4E91-8D8E-880CC218BBAE.jpeg
I’m hard core. The coldest I’ve driven top down is 3C, at highway speeds, quite comfortably with the LTD screen. My goal is to drive at least once or twice every month of the year. So far 2021 is holding up.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am getting a lightbar. Do you think it will work?

Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
I also just installed the German unit in 2015. Does require 2 small hole in the trim panel. I think it was 266 us dollars shipped and arrived in less than 10 days.
Very happy with how effective it is.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
I bought the one from windrestrictor
https://windrestrictor.com/windrest...cker-graphics-lighting-accessories-logos.html
Installs easily, blocks 90% or so of wind so it does its job very well. What i dont like is both seats have to sit same or the blocker is crooked, also if i lean seat forward to allow kid in back i hear stress on the plexiglass assuming one day it will crack. Say your passenger is 6 foot and you 5 foot so when he moves seat back the glass also moves with his seat. I woukld love if it could mount to a light bar instead but then you are another $420 or so invested. It does make it nice to hit the road at high speeds and not get windblown even with the dislikes i have.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
Anyone know of a how to or anything on mounting a wind restrictor to light bar?
I looked at pics of light bar with the restrictor and it looks stupid sitting 4 inches in front of the light bar. Someone should make a light bar with built in windblocker.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Love the drive makes a short version that fits directly under the bar. I have their tall version.
Sponsored