Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The Harrop kit has been around for a few years. There's an oil cooler failure thread in the Australian section so it might be worth asking there too as IIRC a number of folks have installed one. Had mine for about 2 years but haven't driven it much, does the job but IMHO it's not the best installation solution from the perspective of hose routing and I'll be watching it for signs of wear or abrasion. Haven't heard of any failures.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Interested in people's thoughts:

Car was custom tuned three years ago after installing headers and mid-pipe. Stock rear mufflers were still on then.

Now the exhaust is complete 3" with Varex rear boxes.

Is it worth a re-tune?

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Nope. Won't make any difference.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This one is a visual mod only, thinking of blacking out under the door sill of the mustang which will slim it down. First mock up is below but it needs some work. In the meantime, practising wrap skills on my daughter's mazda2...
20230615_160903.jpg
20230618_134612.jpg

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
This one is a visual mod only, thinking of blacking out under the door sill of the mustang which will slim it down. First mock up is below but it needs some work. In the meantime, practising wrap skills on my daughter's mazda2...
20230615_160903.jpg
20230618_134612.jpg
Like the blackout graphic - which quarter scoops do you have there?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
20230615_160903.jpg
20230618_134612.jpg
What is the black sticker under the door and above the black plastic lower trim???

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What is the black sticker under the door and above the black plastic lower trim???
It's just a bit of cf wrap I have hanging around. I used it as a mock up to see how I like it, I will redo it properly on the weekend I think. Essentially I want to have it come up at a lower angle to follow the line where the skirt dips in, get it to the height of the door sill, then at the door sill go inside the door (otherwise you can see the body colour through the gap). So easiest with my rudimentary wrapping skills would be to do it in 3 pieces (higher bit to cover the door sill, then one lower bit tapering down for each end.

If it comes up well, I will probs get it done properly by a pro, in satin black to match the skirts. I think it will give the car more of a waist and make the arches look a bit flared, and I like that look.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
20230615_160903.jpg
20230618_134612.jpg
I see what y'all doin' there, looks sharp Mr Quail. Did you experiment with different end shapes against the sill/body contour? Keen to see the outcome.

'Daughter's' car eh? Most people would believe you :thumbsup::giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I see what y'all doin' there, looks sharp Mr Quail. Did you experiment with different end shapes against the sill/body contour? Keen to see the outcome.

'Daughter's' car eh? Most people would believe you :thumbsup::giggle:
Haha, yes I have to say I love that Mazda, it is so easy to throw around. And as the "GT", it has a whole extra 2 kW than the standard 85 kW engine. And the boot is massive, you should see the envy on the tradies' faces when I take it to the tip.

That was my first try, I think next I am going to try more of an acute triangle end shape and less height, but I will do it in 3 pieces to make it easier to experiment. I reckon it will come out pretty well, using black to to hide weight is an old trick, just look in the local fashion store. Hopefully will get something presentable next go!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Installed the Steeda short shift a while ago but it took me quite a while to get used to it. Finally deciding to keep it, however, the mechanical notchiness still annoyed me so I decided to give a weighted shift knob a go having read many reviews on how it smoothed out the gear shifts. Happy to report it is true. The 610gm stainless steel knob obviously absorbs much of the vibration and really smooths out the shift to where the short, smooth shifts are now exactly what I wanted. If you are unhappy with your very mechanical feeling gear shifts, give it a try.

Bullitt shift knob.jpg