Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Troy have you found a handling improvement with those mods?

I put on semi forged 20's and a strut brace and think they improved the handling of the car a lot for street driving. I loaned it to my brother while we were OS for a few weeks and he was frothing about how well it handles on a winding road, he is really missing it.

I'd be interested to see how good you can get it given the weight and all.
Hi Peter
yeah the mods really made a big differance to how it sits in and turns in to corners,
seems to turn in tighter like its on rails and sits really flat as if body roll has decreased by quite a lot.
On locking up the rear diff cradle and sub frame did make for a more smoother exceloration also kept the pointy end where it should be,and the rear end dead straight no stepping out at all just dead straight when giving it a boot full,the harder i pushed the better the car felt like you have more control over it.
One thing that suprised me quite a bit was the lack of hardness,i was expecting it to feel like a go kart and destroy my back but to my surprise i felt it was a bit softer,bit hard to explain really.
So far i'm happy with what ive done,hopefully by the time i do sway bars a decent set of coil overs
and get rid of the bump steer as well i should be close to where i want it.
but next mods will be kooks long tube headers with green cats,cia and a tune before end of year.

Hope this helps a bit Peter.
Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sweet, did you get the bump steer after the mods?

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Sweet, did you get the bump steer after the mods?
No it's there all the time the the more you lower your car the worse it gets, and the crappier the road you drive on the more you feel it,just got to get the bumpsteer kit put on then get the front end re-allighned and that should fix it.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No it's there all the time the the more you lower your car the worse it gets, and the crappier the road you drive on the more you feel it,just got to get the bumpsteer kit put on then get the front end re-allighned and that should fix it.
ahhh, yeah I've got 20's and havent felt it but mine's not lowered, and coz I'd probably scraoe the front if it was lowered I dont think I will be doing that. But I can remember driving a car with bad bump steer (a 2002 volvo c70T5 on 20's when they came out with 18's from memory), it was actually nerve wracking because you'd dart into the other lane if you hit a bump.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Well definitely Replacing the rear panel with Faux fuel cap now . Ordered OEM with badge $288 delivered , Takeoff part from Roush US . Should get car in around 3 weeks
ScreenShot1523.jpg

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Luckily - Mine came without the faux GT emblem

View attachment 745019
I already got a drive up your way earmarked once i have got the car . Will hit you up and we go for a cruise . Hopefully June and if not July , be good to get away from Brisbane chill about then .

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Didn't think I would ever post in this thread, but thinking of starting small and getting a K&N panel Filter. Anyone done the same or recommend an alternative product?

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
OEM filter. Sorry, not the response you were looking for but I'm yet to see empirical evidence that any aftermarket filter actually makes a difference that's worth the cost and maintenance.
Actually that's the exact sort of response I'd appreciate. I thought it would do something but if not, it's not something I must have. Very new and dipping my toes so appreciate an honest response.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Didn't think I would ever post in this thread, but thinking of starting small and getting a K&N panel Filter. Anyone done the same or recommend an alternative product?
From what I have read, the factory air filter/intake is considered quite efficient.

If you do go aftermarket, I would look at the dry type........................

0p.jpg

0ppp.jpg

Of course, I managed to extract another 400hp by fitting that thing. :giggle:

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
From what I have read, the factory air filter/intake is considered quite efficient.

If you do go aftermarket, I would look at the dry type........................

0p.jpg

0ppp.jpg

Of course, I managed to extract another 400hp by fitting that thing. :giggle:
How does one clean the AEM filter and how often?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I put BMC filters in my F Type and thought that it led to a bit more induction noise and a gruffer sound at idle. I didnt expect any performance increase and really it is hard to tell using the arse dyno.

I put in the air raid CAI in the mustang because apparently a CAI is good for them, I cant say whether it has delivered any extra hp, I'd have to drive it back to back with a stock car to tell. Again, I did it more for sound. It looks nice too, on the two times that I have opened the bonnet since I've owned the car.

With the turbo engine, maybe a CAI would be worth the investment as some turbos do tend to get comparatively sluggish in the heat, though I'm basing that from decade old experience, the electric boosted ones might be better.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn’t mind adding to a bit of induction noise tbh. Keeping things sensible and non warranty breaking as much as possible for now.
Sponsored