Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Upgrades ive locked in for when DMG coloured GT arrives
1/ Le mans Style stripes in satin pearl white ( already purchased wrap )
2/ faux Gas cap delete
3/ set of 19x11 , 19 x 9.5 staggered Shelby CS5's (order on monday ) with Pilot 4S , probably use the 275/40 on front and get some 305/35 on rear
4/ Fit set adjustable coil overs (brand yet to be determined) Open to suggestions
5/Paint correction

Counting the days
Sponsored

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Upgrades ive locked in for when DMG coloured GT arrives
1/ Le mans Style stripes in satin pearl white ( already purchased wrap )
2/ faux Gas cap delete
3/ set of 19x11 , 19 x 9.5 staggered Shelby CS5's (order on monday ) with Pilot 4S , probably use the 275/40 on front and get some 305/35 on rear
4/ Fit set adjustable coil overs (brand yet to be determined) Open to suggestions
5/Paint correction

Counting the days
Pete, for what it's worth I recommend not letting the dealer touch the paint. You may not even require "paint correction". The only touble with that is if there are faults in the paint that are not visible before its first clean they may dispute the origin if anything are found later.
The least you could do is make it clear to the salesman (that you have undoubtedly formed a working relationship with) that your new car is your pride and joy and that the pre-delivery detailers must treat it kindly.
The satin pearl stripes should look good. I went with an ivory/light beige (RAL1015) which I am yet to see duplicated on another mustang. Pearl white sometimes approaches a light ivory colour.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Pete, for what it's worth I recommend not letting the dealer touch the paint. You may not even require "paint correction". The only touble with that is if there are faults in the paint that are not visible before its first clean they may dispute the origin if anything are found later.
The least you could do is make it clear to the salesman (that you have undoubtedly formed a working relationship with) that your new car is your pride and joy and that the pre-delivery detailers must treat it kindly.
The satin pearl stripes should look good. I went with an ivory/light beige (RAL1015) which I am yet to see duplicated on another mustang. Pearl white sometimes approaches a light ivory colour.
Yeah by paint correction i actually will do it myself , ex spraypainter by trade here and have literally rotary polished 100's of vehicles and likely do a better job than many pro detailers . I will only let the dealership wash the car and then i will thoroughly check the paint with an led light before taking delivery but i appreciate the headsup nevertheless . I did a 3 stage polish on my Calais just before Xmas and got my 15 year old paint looking ok .

I really like the non factory coloured decals/stripes , just makes it look more unique/custom . Your stripes work well

Edit Pearl white ( 3M 2080-SP10 ) colour lowest picture , should look slick on the almost black DMG
IMG_20230205_133749.jpg
ScreenShot1333.jpg

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yeah by paint correction i actually will do it myself , ex spraypainter by trade here and have literally rotary polished 100's of vehicles and likely do a better job than many pro detailers . I will only let the dealership wash the car and then i will thoroughly check the paint with an led light before taking delivery but i appreciate the headsup nevertheless . I did a 3 stage polish on my Calais just before Xmas and got my 15 year old paint looking ok .

I really like the non factory coloured decals/stripes , just makes it look more unique/custom . Your stripes work well
IMG_20230205_133749.jpg
Well it sounds like you know exactly what you are doing. The rest of us are probably just amateurs trying hard to do things right.

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
im thinking of changing the grille on my 2017 GT to an ecoboost one
i havent seen one close up i presume they will interchange
i will do it when i replace the front fenders after painting them
its the egg crate shaped one
i dont know if ours in Aus is any different to one in states
i fitted a cal custom aluminum egg crate one in my 66 model (in avatar)in 1966
anyone have a good clear front pic of ecoboost i cant seem to find one head on
im looking for someone who has done one or done it in reverse GT grille on ecoboost mainly to see if they differ anywhere besides the grille itself

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As some of you may have read elsewhere I posted my thoughts on the Steeda Street short shift I installed in my car a while ago. I really didn’t like it. The shifts are certainly short and extremely tight but the smooth gears changes were gone as I had to push the lever into gear with a lot of extra force. In addition the NO NVH is bs. Anyway it’s now been 3 weeks and I am used to the shifting so it feels like the original. So either I got stronger or the shifter has loosened up or both. I have mostly stopped listening for the extra noise, although it does still does bother me sometime, and stopped concentrating on the vibration. All in all now I am reasonably happy with the mod but it took a while to like it.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
im thinking of changing the grille on my 2017 GT to an ecoboost one
i havent seen one close up i presume they will interchange
i will do it when i replace the front fenders after painting them
its the egg crate shaped one
i dont know if ours in Aus is any different to one in states
i fitted a cal custom aluminum egg crate one in my 66 model (in avatar)in 1966
anyone have a good clear front pic of ecoboost i cant seem to find one head on
im looking for someone who has done one or done it in reverse GT grille on ecoboost mainly to see if they differ anywhere besides the grille itself
There you go; July 2016 build, delivered September 2016, for reference

PXL_20230226_085103604.jpg

PXL_20230226_085136542.jpg

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
thankyou Andrew for the reply it must be a later model im chasing
looks like a straight bar grille from distance
cheers Dave

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Picking wheels is probably the most difficult decision to make modifying Mustangs . Really like these wheels but no clue on brand so if anyine can identify these if would be hugely appreciated
ScreenShot1289.jpg
No affiliation with the manufacturer, but have a look at these. https://project6gr.com/product/project-6gr-ten-satin-graphite/
With those proposed light stripes (which I like) and these satin graphic wheels it would look killer IMO. Additionally have a good think about 35 profile tyres instead of 30's. 30's really roughen up the ride, especially on bad roads. 35's on 20" wheels also fill the guards nicer. Best of luck with your choices.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
No affiliation with the manufacturer, but have a look at these. https://project6gr.com/product/project-6gr-ten-satin-graphite/
With those proposed light stripes (which I like) and these satin graphic wheels it would look killer IMO. Additionally have a good think about 35 profile tyres instead of 30's. 30's really roughen up the ride, especially on bad roads. 35's on 20" wheels also fill the guards nicer. Best of luck with your choices.
Cheers AJ already decided on the silver shelby CS5 in 19's in 9.5 &11 , that way i can use the factory rear tyres on the front and only need to buy some 305's or maybe even 325's for rear . 19's also keep it low and i can get away with 25-30 mm lowering without the need for camber kits with any luck . I want silver coloured wheels to contrast the almost black DMG . If the silver turn out a bit bright and its no issue for me to change the colour to something a bit darker , i dont want black wheels as on almost black car they almost seem to disappear . AJ i love the look of your car by the way , really pops

Edit worse case scenario if silver too bright i can do them similar colour
ScreenShot1336.jpg
to these

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
@Brisvegas, did you option Magnaride?
No i didn,t , i had limited allocations to pick from and was lucky to get a spoiler tbh . Not sure i really wanted it tbh . If you keep a magnaride for 60,000 km+you got a big bill coming up at some stage . Eventually i will get some adustable rebuildable coil overs and be done with it

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
No i didn,t , i had limited allocations to pick from and was lucky to get a spoiler tbh . Not sure i really wanted it tbh . If you keep a magnaride for 60,000 km+you got a big bill coming up at some stage . Eventually i will get some adustable rebuildable coil overs and be done with it
Thats a shame, but still very lucky you were still able to get a car. âś… I drove both and it was a hands down easy choice for me. If costs come later so be it.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Thats a shame, but still very lucky you were still able to get a car. âś… I drove both and it was a hands down easy choice for me. If costs come later so be it.
I am not fussed , will be putting some more staunch suspension in it eventually , i won't be missing out on anything . It's not like i had a choice anyway so it is what it is

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
The Shelby Venom as fitted to the 2017 GT350 are a sweet forged wheel:

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2136 (2).jpg
Yeah those wheels look great and would be an option but sadly seems no 19's and probably pretty hard to find i would imagine . Sometime in '24 i plan on moving to Whitsundays , one of the nicest spots in the country and i want a view like this out my office ... Maybe an Whitsunday Mustang cruise/club be on the cards . I am going to do a bit of a GT500 clone with my car but need to at least wait till 12 months of warranty has elapsed before SC but i can def do the cosmetic changes faster . Those water front blocks at Woodwark look very enticing

ScreenShot1154.jpg
Sponsored