Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
They will use anything they can to avoid a warranty item if they see you have modified the car in any way.
Well I just don't know about that being the case in all instances. A senior mechanic at my local dealership said that warranty jobs account for at least 30% of their workshop workload. Without warranty jobs their business probably would not be profitable.

My car has the resonator delete, suspension upgrades, air intake etc etc and has never been questioned when in the workshop. I imagine it might be different if my modifications were directly linked to the problem.
Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Well I just don't know about that being the case in all instances. A senior mechanic at my local dealership said that warranty jobs account for at least 30% of their workshop workload. Without warranty jobs their business probably would not be profitable.

My car has the resonator delete, suspension upgrades, air intake etc etc and has never been questioned when in the workshop. I imagine it might be different if my modifications were directly linked to the problem.
Yeah I've heard that they need to be able to link it to a problem caused by a mod, but I'm a little scared to test this theory myself. I wonder if its worth emailing the dealer before any mods and get it in writing that it wont affect the warranty. (If they would ever say such a thing I dont know)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yeah I've heard that they need to be able to link it to a problem caused by a mod, but I'm a little scared to test this theory myself. I wonder if its worth emailing the dealer before any mods and get it in writing that it wont affect the warranty. (If they would ever say such a thing I dont know)
I think it is important to seperate the dealership from the manufacturer. The manufacturer does not make income out of repairs but the dealership workshop does.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I think it is important to seperate the dealership from the manufacturer. The manufacturer does not make income out of repairs but the dealership workshop does.
Getting anything from Ford direct is going to be almost impossible.

Imagine doing a cold air intake (which may or may not require a tune) and then having engine issues. If that intake voids your warranty you might be up for a $20k plus repair bill. Yikes!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

You won’t hear about anything UNTIL you try to make a warranty claim. That’s when FORD will tell the dealership that they won’t cover it.

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
if that may be one advantage of going for the official Ford performance lowering springs over Steeda ones for example.
It's why I did it, plus with the OEM full kit you get the new Magnaride software as well. No one else does it as far as I know.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
It's why I did it, plus with the OEM full kit you get the new Magnaride software as well. No one else does it as far as I know.
Awesome. I assume you have to get it done by a Ford dealer to get the official Ford blessing and retain factory warranty?

How do you find it? Did it affect the ride quality?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Getting anything from Ford direct is going to be almost impossible.

Imagine doing a cold air intake (which may or may not require a tune) and then having engine issues. If that intake voids your warranty you might be up for a $20k plus repair bill. Yikes!
Just to let you know, while FP does do a nice intake kit and tune revision (includes an A10 tune as well which is reviewed to be excellent) for the FN, (different from the multiple versions available for the FM that can be bought in AUS too) you can't buy the FN version in AUS. You can buy the M-9603-M8B Mustang Performance Pack in the US and ship it over, BUT, you still have to DL the tune software to update from Ford US and they will not let you based on our Aus VIN. I know as I was going to do it and contacted FP in the US prior. Their response in this link: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-3228234

Unfortunately they also do not sell the upgraded A10 tune as a separate item either 😩

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Just to let you know, while FP does do a nice intake kit and tune revision (includes an A10 tune as well which is reviewed to be excellent) for the FN, (different from the multiple versions available for the FM that can be bought in AUS too) you can't buy the FN version in AUS. You can buy the M-9603-M8B Mustang Performance Pack in the US and ship it over, BUT, you still have to DL the tune software to update from Ford US and they will not let you based on our Aus VIN. I know as I was going to do it and contacted FP in the US prior. Their response in this link: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-3228234

Unfortunately they also do not sell the upgraded A10 tune as a separate item either 😩
Damn that sucks. What did you end up doing to your car? Just skipped the intake and tune all together?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
You won’t hear about anything UNTIL you try to make a warranty claim. That’s when FORD will tell the dealership that they won’t cover it.
My personal experience is much closer to PK's. The car continues to be serviced at the local dealer and they have been complimentary regards the mods I've made. These have had no impact of warranty issues such as reversing carmera and aircon evaporator. Sure they've never tracked down the squeak from the rear of the car either and I've not blown up the engine but those would be on me now anyway, as the car is way out of warranty.

Sponsored

Ozvino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special GT
The dealer/manufacturer under consumer law will need to outline why the modification caused the issue. That may well be that the modified car "ran beyond factory parameters" but they would need to get ducks in a row if they tow a tough line. Bolt ons that dont touch the ECU would be hard to prove I would think

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Is anyone here in Australia using a GPS vehicle tracker in their cars? If so, what success have you had, or problems, such as false alarms or failure to track a journey?
I tried one of the locally made units and it tracked perfectly for some weeks, then stopped tracking intermittently, and even sent me a vehicle theft warning when I was sitting two metres from the car!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Is anyone here in Australia using a GPS vehicle tracker in their cars? If so, what success have you had, or problems, such as false alarms or failure to track a journey?
I tried one of the locally made units and it tracked perfectly for some weeks, then stopped tracking intermittently, and even sent me a vehicle theft warning when I was sitting two metres from the car!
I have had a Gator 4g in since 2018 with a cheap prepaid Optus sim. Initially I tried geofencing but that did lead to a couple of false alarms and I have not done that since. It seems to allways track a journey accruately except for the occasional times that the signal must not be great and it makes a straight line between two good points. It records speed well.
Originally it was supported by Chinese controlled mapping but Gator has since provided their own Australian software for tracking.
So 4 years and still going strong.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
I have had a Gator 4g in since 2018 with a cheap prepaid Optus sim. Initially I tried geofencing but that did lead to a couple of false alarms and I have not done that since. It seems to allways track a journey accruately except for the occasional times that the signal must not be great and it makes a straight line between two good points. It records speed well.
Originally it was supported by Chinese controlled mapping but Gator has since provided their own Australian software for tracking.
So 4 years and still going strong.
Cheers! Thanks for that info.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Suspension advise appreciated - I have a 2017 Mustang GT with Ford performance 'Track Pack' sway bars front & rear plus the Ford Performance Toe Link Bearing upgrade. - Ideally I would have fitted the complete Ford Performance 'Track Pack' suspension package, however am unable to use the 20mm lowering springs due to clearance issues from the Header collector flanges - I have narrowed it down to the below two options:
1674346650441.png
Sponsored