Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Good question, @Bulutt but I'm unfortunately not confident of an objective test result. I've been looking at these too, as they get great reviews and this is a good price. The DBA Extreme pads work well but are sometimes squeaky and I literally can't get 6kms into town after a wash without them being sooty black. (I have them on another car with slotted rotors and have the same issues. Great performance (noticeable) when worn in, but damn, they make a mess of the wheels quickly.) Early adopter syndrome for me again 😫. With @PKs recent line and fluid upgrade, I'll look forward to an update on the new PowerStops in a few hundred Kms.
Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good question, @Bulutt but I'm unfortunately not confident of an objective test result. I've been looking at these too, as they get great reviews and this is a good price. The DBA Extreme pads work well but are sometimes squeaky and I literally can't get 6kms into town after a wash without them being sooty black. (I have them on another car with slotted rotors and have the same issues. Great performance (noticeable) when worn in, but damn, they make a mess of the wheels quickly.) Early adopter syndrome for me again 😫. With @PKs recent line and fluid upgrade, I'll look forward to an update on the new PowerStops in a few hundred Kms.
Thanks for the info. Will be interested to see how they perform dust wise. Cheers

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Put it up on ramps and fit a half a mountain of parts taking up my shed. The other half can happen after the next service. (Oh, and updating the maps via USB. There is a Sync 3.4 update but it won't DL over car wireless and the Ford server in the US is accepting my VIN but the downloads keep crapping out no mater windows or mac or 3 different browsers. I guess the service guys can do it....)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Put it up on ramps and fit a half a mountain of parts taking up my shed. The other half can happen after the next service. (Oh, and updating the maps via USB. There is a Sync 3.4 update but it won't DL over car wireless and the Ford server in the US is accepting my VIN but the downloads keep crapping out no mater windows or mac or 3 different browsers. I guess the service guys can do it....)
Hey AJ. I thought that you had a quickjack. Anyhow are you going to enlighten us on what the parts were.

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hey AJ. I thought that you had a quickjack. Anyhow are you going to enlighten us on what the parts were.
Ramps/quickjacks it’s up there. Wheels off. Deciding where to start tomorrow. I have been watching (again) and making (more) lists (of lists) of links for a LOT of YT videos.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Oh, I did the Sync update last night, but i dont think it included maps, just the system. How do i get the latest maps?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Oh, I did the Sync update last night, but i dont think it included maps, just the system. How do i get the latest maps?
Correct. Sync and Map updates are different. (You will need bigger USB drive for maps too and it takes longer)

Ford US server started working again late yesterday. I finally got the new Sync DL and will put it on first and then the new maps.

Mustang SYNC3 Software Updates Audio/Nav System Links:

Sync 3 Upgrades for Maps-

https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

Sync 3 update to 3.4 and later Sync 3.4 'n' updates-

Ford Link:

https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

(Latest as of today "Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.21194")

Mustang6G related Update forums-

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/official-ford-sync3-3-4-release.145436/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-sync-v3-4-official-update.145670/

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
what would you think about trying to retrofit the Recaro seats? More trouble than it is worth?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
what would you think about trying to retrofit the Recaro seats? More trouble than it is worth?

Sorry...are you asking if they're better than the stockers, or have you decided you'd like to upgrade and are looking to find out how hard it is to do? Trouble and worth is in the eye of the beholder of the spanner/credit card. Wouldn't be cheap unless you can source used ones from part-out but there's always the option of on-selling.

Someone in US of A will have done it and posted on here. One discussion:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/swapping-out-gt-premium-seats-for-base-recaro.111193/

Not from a PP Mustang but FP - same thing I'd suggest:

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks, yeah I just find the standard seats a bit spongey and not very supportive, I think that they are designed for comfort. I'm used to firmer seats with bigger bolsters. That video gives me a bit of encouragement.