Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Got a few things to keep me busy over the Christmas holidays. Got the Exotic Pony Mods (dynamics drl kit) with sequential indicators that I'm going to take the plunge and install myself. I'll need to look at lots of you tube to work it out because the instructions are vague as ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค˜

20211203_173548.jpg
20211203_202614.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Also one thing I noticed when I put my new mags on was that 1 side poked out more than the other. After some research it turns out this is common and more noticeable with wider wheels. Basically the subframe is out of alignment due to the way its bolted in and how the bolt holes are engineered. From factory they align it to a degree but this can go out more, especially when lowered. Anyway I bought the steeda IRS subframe alignment kit and while I'm doing it thought I may as well install the steeda IRS subframe bushing support kit. If I knew about this before I would have installed it at the time I did the springs. Anyway another holiday job. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
20211203_182646.jpg
20211203_182652.jpg

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Changed my front brake pads to Powerstop Z26 Extreme ceramic (carbon fibre infused). I had the DBA Extreme but they were far too dusty for my liking. I am hoping that the Powerstop pads prove to be cleaner running. So far a lot better. Stopping effectiveness is fine. Ceramic pads are meant to be softer than traditional metal pads so maybe my new two piece rotors will wear a lot less as a result.
With deciding on what pads to try I found an Australian branded Powerstop ceramic pad that is infused with kevlar. They are a good bit cheaper than the US Powerstop but I could not find any reviews, so gave them a miss.
I also got some Gyeon and P&S wheel cleaners to try out. I have been using the Bowdens Wheely Clean but am hoping for something a little less aggressive that does not leave the rotors as rusty. Yet to use either so will post my thoughts when I do.
PXL_20211125_010955235.jpg
PXL_20211125_011422404.jpg
PXL_20211125_014247118.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Changed my front brake pads to Powerstop Z26 Extreme ceramic (carbon fibre infused). I had the DBA Extreme but they were far too dusty for my liking. I am hoping that the Powerstop pads prove to be cleaner running. So far a lot better. Stopping effectiveness is fine. Ceramic pads are meant to be softer than traditional metal pads so maybe my new two piece rotors will wear a lot less as a result.
With deciding on what pads to try I found an Australian branded Powerstop ceramic pad that is infused with kevlar. They are a good bit cheaper than the US Powerstop but I could not find any reviews, so gave them a miss.
I also got some Gyeon and P&S wheel cleaners to try out. I have been using the Bowdens Wheely Clean but am hoping for something a little less aggressive that does not leave the rotors as rusty. Yet to use either so will post my thoughts when I do.
Brake Buster contains a corrosion inhibitor so should help with rusting of the rotors. This product is highly alkaline so it can be diluted if you want to calm it down a bit. I always use Brake Buster at full strength, but it can strip wax and sealant in this form so pick your mark. You can also use it to clean your tyres.

IMG-1717.jpg

The Gyeon Wheel Cleaner/Iron Remover you would use every few months, depending on how many km's you do.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Ha! I knew you would be all over these products DFB5.0. Would you say that they are less aggressive than Wheely Clean. Also, with you saying that the Brake Buster is alkaline I wonder how the Gyeon ceramic that I treated the wheels with will stand up.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ha! I knew you would be all over these products DFB5.0. Would you say that they are less aggressive than Wheely Clean. Also, with you saying that the Brake Buster is alkaline I wonder how the Gyeon ceramic that I treated the wheels with will stand up.
From memory, iron removing wheel cleaners are pH neutral so will be safe with coatings. Seeing as you have a Gyeon coating, the Gyeon wheel cleaner should play well. Wheely Clean is pH neutral.

I would dilute the Brake Buster in your case -

"Can also be diluted 5:1.. If used weekly you may also dilute 10:1."
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/brake-buster

Reactions: PKs

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Good stuff, I've been using these pads for ages now and they are great, im sure you will be happy with the choice.....they are also a truck load cheaper than the factory pads ๐Ÿ‘

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Good stuff, I've been using these pads for ages now and they are great, im sure you will be happy with the choice.....they are also a truck load cheaper than the factory pads ๐Ÿ‘
Yes they do seem to be the goods. I have not changed out the rears yet mainly because I am running DBA Street pads there and they make a lot less dust than the DBA Extremes I had on the front.
I ended up not using the Powerstop supplied clips as I considered the OEM clips to be superior. There was a more positive fit around the caliper pins.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Yep these DBA Extreme Pads are gruesome for dust, and the S/S hardware supplied did not fit. Please PM me details on where you got the new pads. Cheers.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yep these DBA Extreme Pads are gruesome for dust, and the S/S hardware supplied did not fit. Please PM me details on where you got the new pads. Cheers.
Just got them on Amazon. $138 AUD landed. Freight was free because they trialed me on Prime which I then cancelled. Perhaps if I bought more on Amazon it would be worthwhile to pay the yearly subscription. I will find the link and send later.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are they for Brembos?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Are they for Brembos?
Yes. You can go to the Powerstop site and do a look up for your car ie 6 pot brembos. #1792 for front and # 1793 for rear for our GTs.