Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about getting one of these recently released cast alloy 10R80 transmission pans. (No affiliation)

https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy-duty-cast-aluminum-transmission-pan-ford-10r80-trans+finish-Raw

I’m keeping an eye on some US recent installs, and hopefully tests, to see what sort of difference it makes to the trans temp. It’s not going to be anywhere as good as a full sep, cooler (still waiting for decent value kits to become available) but it may be part of the solution.
Bernie Quinn (he ex of FPV / Pro Drive and currently Premcar) is doing some work on tranny cooler kits for the 10R80.

He has moved his attention away from the Ford Falcon Holy Grail, and has been doing some work using a couple of 2020 Mustang test mules.

Keep an eye on some of the FB S550 pages - I'll post it up when I know some more deets.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Debating on velossa tech big mouths at the moment. Seems like something not needed but could be cool kinda deal

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Keep an eye on some of the FB S550 pages - I'll post it up when I know some more deets.
Thanks. I dumped most of the FB pages as it’s mostly 💩 and a waste of time. I kept on one of the FB sites and have a look every few weeks. Much better content and less BS here ✅
Please post what you hear on ‘6G as well. It sounds like something I’ll be interested in, should it become a marketed item/kit.

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
hi Russ. Just ordered the Invo tyres. Wondering how you like them? Thanks

Hi, for street driving I'm more than happy with them. Done approx 11,000km on them to date and still going strong.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think I'm about over cleaning the black PP1 wheels on my Mustang. I have MMR M350 or The Ford Performance PP2 replica's on my hit list. I like the OEM-like design of both of these.

mr5.jpg

pp219.jpg

It's been a very long time since I have bought wheels for a car, so I'm not sure where to start. Has anyone had any experience getting these wheels in Australia? So far I have only found the MMR's locally available via MYSTANGMODS.

I assume I would need new pressure monitors also? Is that something a tyre fitter would sort?

Any comments or advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I think I'm about over cleaning the black PP1 wheels on my Mustang. I have MMR M350 or The Ford Performance PP2 replica's on my hit list. I like the OEM-like design of both of these.

mr5.jpg

pp219.jpg

It's been a very long time since I have bought wheels for a car, so I'm not sure where to start. Has anyone had any experience getting these wheels in Australia? So far I have only found the MMR's locally available via MYSTANGMODS.

I assume I would need new pressure monitors also? Is that something a tyre fitter would sort?

Like the first wheels. A lot.
I do not have experience getting them from MMM.
Have bought others (wheels) and sourced the OEM extra TPMS myself about ($170 for four from an online Vic Ford Dealer, ((Jefferson Ford on EBay $155) also with good deals on OEM Oil filters) only because I wanted to keep a TPMS set and OEM tyres in my OEM wheels. I also bought an OEM TPMS “sync” device, but never needed it as my new TPMS just work. (And I can swap wheels and they sync back ok. I had read sometimes they do not do this)

Tyre guys don’t usually supply them but will swap them if you don’t want your old ones, or add the new TPMS you supply if you go that way.

Additionally, if they are 20’s I recommend 35 profile tyres. I can adjust Speedo for whatever tyre sizes with FORScan, but the 35 just make it a bit nicer ride than 30’s.

Last edited:

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I was originally buying the MRR M350s through MyStangMods, however the manufacturer was taking a significantly long time to produce the ones I was looking for (Gunmetal Grey in 19s) so I switched over to SVE S350s. They are the same design/a replica, and turned out to be a bit cheaper too.

Like yourself I couldn't find anywhere else to buy the MRRs (at least via the simple process of ordering through a web shopping cart). If you're set on that design, give MyStangMods a call for the SVEs and they could order them. You'll also get smaller diameter lug nuts with them; the standard ones are too large to fit.

When I got the wheels fitted, I got the tyre fitters to transfer over the TPMS. I've heard that these can break at the stem when removing, meaning you would need a new set, however I had no problems with that. Or with having to sync or recalibrate them; the old ones worked fine off the bat with no issues.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Like the first wheels. A lot.
I do not have experience getting them from MMM.
Have bought others (wheels) and sourced the OEM extra TPMS myself about ($170 for four from an online Vic Ford Dealer, ((Jefferson Ford on EBay $155) also with good deals on OEM Oil filters) only because I wanted to keep a TPMS set and OEM tyres in my OEM wheels. I also bought an OEM TPMS “sync” device, but never needed it as my new TPMS just work. (And I can swap wheels and they sync back ok. I had read sometimes they do not do this)

Tyre guys don’t usually supply them but will swap them if you don’t want your old ones, or add the new TPMS you supply if you go that way.

Additionally, if they are 20’s I recommend 35 profile tyres. I can adjust Speedo for whatever tyre sizes with FORScan, but the 35 just make it a bit nicer ride than 30’s.
I was originally buying the MRR M350s through MyStangMods, however the manufacturer was taking a significantly long time to produce the ones I was looking for (Gunmetal Grey in 19s) so I switched over to SVE S350s. They are the same design/a replica, and turned out to be a bit cheaper too.

Like yourself I couldn't find anywhere else to buy the MRRs (at least via the simple process of ordering through a web shopping cart). If you're set on that design, give MyStangMods a call for the SVEs and they could order them. You'll also get smaller diameter lug nuts with them; the standard ones are too large to fit.

When I got the wheels fitted, I got the tyre fitters to transfer over the TPMS. I've heard that these can break at the stem when removing, meaning you would need a new set, however I had no problems with that. Or with having to sync or recalibrate them; the old ones worked fine off the bat with no issues.
Thanks for the info, looks like I'm about to spend some money! :like:

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I look forward to reading about your cleaning procedures for the upcoming wheels then, so that I can follow suit 🙂

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

mr5.jpg

pp219.jpg

You will also probably need new slim (19mm) wheel nuts and a thin wall socket to suit as the OEM wheel nuts will probably not fit.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ordered a Schroth Quick Fit Pro 18+ version for my Bullitt. Unfortunately, they’re on back order for about 2 weeks. Other to do items are:

Half shaft upgrade
DS upgrade
Drag wheels/tires
Sponsored