Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
You've given me an idea now so thank you haha. Keep current stock wheels, sell new ones, buy semis for track days

Glad to be of assistance :thumbsup:
Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Just had the Cobb Accessport, Intercooler, CAI & GFB DV+ with custom CRD tune installed - delays on the intercooler availability. Power & torque up 45% over standard in the mid range, topping out at 229.5kW at the rear wheels. I've put about 700km on, mainly highway/cross country driving and the extra punch has built on great GT character of the car.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Getting Project 6GR wheels in 20” next month, so I’m weighing up two options regarding tyres in 275/35/20 and 295/35/30.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

OR

Continental Contact Sport 5P

My car is a daily driver.

Thoughts ?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Getting Project 6GR wheels in 20” next month, so I’m weighing up two options regarding tyres in 275/35/20 and 295/35/30.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

OR

Continental Contact Sport 5P

My car is a daily driver.

Thoughts ?
I put 20" 275 and 305 on mine. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and all I can say is that they are spectacular. The grip is incredible especially compared to those pieces of sh1t they called tyres that came standard.

I had similar Michelin's on my M3 and they were also stellar performers. I had a set of Conti's on a 335ci BM and wasn't too impressed. There is a reason that the most high performance cars in the world (Porsche GT2 and GT3 just as an example) come with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. However they aren't designed for driving in the wet, but these new 4s are as good as the Cups in the dry and are also spectacular in the wet.

Just my 2 cents

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Michelin every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I ran Michi Pilot Sport 3's for about 6 years and 2 or 3 sets. Wouldn't use anything but Pilot Sports anymore. Great in the dry and phenominal in the wet. The new 4S is apparently even better than the 3 and 4's (the 4 was a bit more dry focussed compared to 3 but 4S apparently covers both extremely well and honestly the 3's did that too and 4S is even better)

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
The Michelins are the best of the best, but the contis perform really well.

If it's your daily and you don't find the limit very often or track the car, then the cheaper contis will more than suffice.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Thanks guys,

Much appreciated.

The set of Conti’s are quoted as $300 cheaper than the MPS4’s, but I’m leaning towards the Michelin’s.

Any other comments / thoughts or feedback is most welcome!

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Forgot to mention, my previous car that i had the PS3's on actually came stock with Conti Sport Contact 2's (equivalent level and pricing as the PS3's i believe).

Compared to the PS3's they got too hot too quickly, were noisier, and when i modded the car just couldn't stand up to the power. I could break traction with the PS3's but it was when i wanted to, the Conti's in general i just found were too easy to go past the traction point but i also tend to drive 'harder' in a general sense than others as i love corners. They also wore out very quickly because they seemed to be softer compound but oddly it didn't translate to more grip like you'd expect.

Come to wet weather, yeah, it was a night and day difference. Honestly the Michi's gave me more confidence in the wet than the conti's did in the dry. They're just very sure footed. $300 is a decent amount of cash, lets be honest, but I personally will never hesitate again in paying for better tyres as my experiences had better traction in all conditions AND longer life so the value was very much in the Michi's favour.

God i should be paid to endorse them haha. I'm just passionate about decent quality tyres since that's all that's keeping you stuck to the road!

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I can't report on the Michelins but I did have Continental ContiSport Contacts on an M3 that I had. I found them to be an excellent all round tyre that wore very well.
I do plan to swap the standard wheels for Velgen VMB9's and probably the Michelin MPS4's . Not sure if the Conti's are available in the size I want. I did think about Bridgestone's as well.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Need an opinion on tyres. Was looking at Bridgestones because of many previous cars I have had with them and they gripped well and lasted well. The grip factor might just be that anything feels good after driving on Pirelli P Zeros in winter.

That bought me to a second question. What about run flats? They used to be double the price of the standard tyres but now the Bridgestones are only marginally dearer than the standard tyres. Found this out while putting new tyres on the wife's BMW. Apparently Bridgestone have a new tyre design out now and I just checked with them and they can run on standard wheels due to their new design, as long as you have tyre pressure monitors.

This would certainly solve some of our spare tyre problems. I have the Gnome spare wheel and I am very grateful for it, but sometimes boot space is at a premium and it would be nice to be able to do without it.

Anyone got any opinions about run flat tyre ride quality?

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From what i've read the newer run flats don't feel much different to regular tyres unlike the old ones which were noticeably stiffer. If you're on stock still soft suspenion i wouldn't imagine them being much of an issue regardless. With coilovers etc then I doubt the new ones would be much of an issue either unless you're already a bit on the 'stiff' side of suspension.

Definitely handy in the event of an issue. A comment i read said that going from a 19" rim to a 20" rim would have a far greater impact on comfort than going to runflats. 20" with Run Flats might be a little different lol

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The 328i BMW that I just got out of had Bridgestone run-flats but the car was 4 years old and still on the original tyres - I only travelled 35,000 k
They actually were still OK in the dry but a bit touchy in the wet .
If the newer run-flats are better again they may be a viable alterrnative

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I put 20" 275 and 305 on mine. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and all I can say is that they are spectacular. The grip is incredible especially compared to those pieces of sh1t they called tyres that came standard.

I had similar Michelin's on my M3 and they were also stellar performers. I had a set of Conti's on a 335ci BM and wasn't too impressed. There is a reason that the most high performance cars in the world (Porsche GT2 and GT3 just as an example) come with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. However they aren't designed for driving in the wet, but these new 4s are as good as the Cups in the dry and are also spectacular in the wet.

Just my 2 cents
Man i wish i could get hold of Pilot Sport 4s in 305/35/19