Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
When I finally get my MY2018 I'm fitting the Cervini Upper and Lower Grilles (Lower if my car doesn't have the "Safe and Sound" package - whatever that is)

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
New rear emblem and 2018 Decklid
Hi Geoff,

I’ve been trying to source the 2018 rear panel with the crease and chrome GT emblem.

Did you buy a blank panel and then add the emblem.

I’m curious as to where you got it.

Cheers

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Booked in yesterday for what amounts to a Cobb Stage 2 upgrade, with a custom tune. CRD in Sydney are to do the work, after visiting Cobb in the US earlier this month and confirming the inhouse quality of their parts. CAI, Intercooler & Access Port & custom tune for Aussie fuels. Should be done later this month when parts are in and CRD finish their race car development for the Easter meets.
Looking to build on the GT qualities of the standard car (not running drag times :)), that I use for work (30,000k service just done).
Will have to wait for the cash flow to rebuild to address the exhaust side with down-pipe & exhaust.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Seeing I can't get the forged wheels on my MY18 I am planning to fit Velgen VMB9's when it finally arrives.
I'd like to sell the standard PP wheels with the Michelins on - any ideas of how much I could get to offset the cost of new wheels/tyres ?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Seeing I can't get the forged wheels on my MY18 I am planning to fit Velgen VMB9's when it finally arrives.
I'd like to sell the standard PP wheels with the Michelins on - any ideas of how much I could get to offset the cost of new wheels/tyres ?
People have been seeing from about 700 to 1500 for the stock wheels from pre17 models with Pirellis - I think it has been declining over time as less demand for them.

With Michis you’d expect a bit more - you should have a good chance at $1500 I’d reckon.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Full sets on the current model go for like a grand, if that. I'd imagine you could maybe get 1200-1500 for the 18 setup with michies, then it'll drop down to similar pricing

I'm going Koyas for my 18. Bought my first mods yesterday off another mustang owner - sway bars and CC plates, it has begun...

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
That will take some of the pain away for the new wheels.
I'll have Magneride - any thoughts on springs to lower it a little.
Looking at Ford Performance GT350 springs

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
That will take some of the pain away for the new wheels.
I'll have Magneride - any thoughts on springs to lower it a little.
Looking at Ford Performance GT350 springs
You've given me an idea now so thank you haha. Keep current stock wheels, sell new ones, buy semis for track days

I have mag ride too, currently only ford performance and eibach have springs out. Steeda, BMR and Vogtland are all working on options, so I'll wait for one of them. I think I want marginally more drop than the FP and Eibach offer, so hopefully someone comes up with that. Also looking for someone to offer a cheap recalibration for the mag ride when lowering

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone downsized to 18" Rims?

Wondering if tyre availability opens up (or declines) with 18's. I wouldn't mind dropping down in size to get cheaper tyres (for the good ones) if it's possible and also for a bit of extra comfort from the increase in sidewall size...especially since i plan on putting in coilovers when i get mine.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Would it clear the bimbos?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
That's the limitation for 18s, there are very few wheels in that size that fit over the big brembos. I'm sure you could find some in the Wheel section on here though
Sponsored