Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Steeda IRS support braces turned up today, hoping to fit them up next week :D
IMG_0755.JPG
How heavy are they? I'm yet to buy suspension/sub frame parts (car not here yet) and the Steeda hardware looks the goods based on a couple of you tube instal videos.
Sponsored

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
Both braces and fittings are about 6kg.
I have quite a few Steeda suspension and IRS components, certainly is good quality and works well. They have a pretty good reputation in the States, will probably stick with the Steeda theme throughout my car :D

How heavy are they? I'm yet to buy suspension/sub frame parts (car not here yet) and the Steeda hardware looks the goods based on a couple of you tube instal videos.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Would make more sense if the scoops (and those bonnet stuff available, were actually functional,.. they are just bug catchers that can't be cleaned.

But from an aesthetic perspective, it looks good. But what do you tell someone when they say, Where does it vent the air to? "Nowhere its just creates more drag and ppl better stay out of my blind spot:)"
Its all about the look only. Thats the entire point about it. I don't really care about being asked what its for because my response is its aesthetics so get over it...:lol:

The side scoops make the recessed Chanel along the side look more pronounced. Especially with black because those body lines hide more so than lighter colours.

The Roush window scoops are designed spot on. They are thin and sit perfectly within the clear glass area leaving the B pillar glass area as a dark blacked out glass that transitions to the dummy intake of the scoop. Additionally it overcomes another problem that I am seeing all the time where the quarter panel glass is darker tinted than the door window glass that has legal limitations. And it looks out of balance to me. With the scoops in place it has logocal reference to the body and looks more balanced.

But the best thing is with only a minority having them you don't end up with driving what everyone else has and it gives a bit more individulaity to it. Thats why I am also going with the OEM fastback spoiler, I think due to price hardly anyone has them so again it takes you away from the everyone has one syndrome.

As far as blind spot goes, yes absolutely, but having driven panel vans and trucks you learn how to deal with blind spot black-outs very well.

I am not going to say you are all wrong, I myself was originally dismissing of their applicability, but seeing them in real life on a black fastback changed my mind and then considering the aspect of moving away from the everyone has the same is a nice touch. :cheers:

PS. Thats what I like about this forum, we can throw things out there and put it through the paces. It allows people to consider many points of view with healthy debate :headbang:

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Was there any resolution to the question about dealer-fitted suspension options? I've asked mine and they haven't come back to me yet.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda IRS support braces turned up today, hoping to fit them up next week :D
IMG_0755.JPG
Let us know the feedback once you install them!

We appreciate your support & business.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
I have quite a few Steeda suspension and IRS components, certainly is good quality and works well. They have a pretty good reputation in the States, will probably stick with the Steeda theme throughout my car :D
Many thanks. I saw an instal video on the CJPP site where a customer car came in for sway bars, braces and other steeda goodies and the post mod video when they took the pony for a gallop was pretty cool.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I just put a few items in our 6G members market for sale so thought I might just make mention here (member benefits :lol:).

GT350R Steering Wheel
Roush Painted side scoops (Oxford White)
Roush Painted Hood Scoop (Oxford White)
Custom Painted Engine Cover (Oxford White + Black Accents)

All brand new and all much less than I paid for them :cheers:

Ozzistang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang waiting list
BK - I have them on mine and I really do think they help stiffen up the rear end

It seems more stable when pushed hard - or maybe it's just my imagination

Either way the steeda sub frame helps with the overall drivability

I think money well spent (I bought the entire stop the hop pack from mustang motor sport )

Keen to hear what you think

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Has anyone is Oz used a fabric pen to change the stitchi g colour in their car?

Came across a thread in the worldwide section - but Fabricmate pens are not available locally or online.

Wondering if anyone has had any success with something available locally?
Yes i have and I have a spare pen if you want it.:)

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes i have and I have a spare pen if you want it.:)
hahaha cool. What brand is it?

I have like 3 different types on order lol. :headbonk: Artline 750, Kearing (some chinese thing from ebay), and something else I forget.

More importantly, how did it turn out and how has it been? Thinking of doing this when my RR arrives, along with the GT350R bits.

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
hahaha cool. What brand is it?

I have like 3 different types on order lol. :headbonk: Artline 750, Kearing (some chinese thing from ebay), and something else I forget.

More importantly, how did it turn out and how has it been? Thinking of doing this when my RR arrives, along with the GT350R bits.
Fabricmate - I bought 2 from the states. I tried a small section worked really well. There was a thread on it with pics on the USA site hard to find now. Anyways I ended up changing the whole interior so I didnt really use them But it does work the pic on the What did I do today thread were impressive. You could have the 2 I bought for the same price. Have to look it up but quite cheap.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BK - I have them on mine and I really do think they help stiffen up the rear end

It seems more stable when pushed hard - or maybe it's just my imagination

Either way the steeda sub frame helps with the overall drivability

I think money well spent (I bought the entire stop the hop pack from mustang motor sport )

Keen to hear what you think
Glad to hear it :cheers:

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sticking with the Steeda parts is a great idea ... when you start mix matching other brands, they sometimes don't play well together.

Best Regards,

TJ

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Its all about the look only. Thats the entire point about it. I don't really care about being asked what its for because my response is its aesthetics so get over it...:lol:

The side scoops make the recessed Chanel along the side look more pronounced. Especially with black because those body lines hide more so than lighter colours.

The Roush window scoops are designed spot on. They are thin and sit perfectly within the clear glass area leaving the B pillar glass area as a dark blacked out glass that transitions to the dummy intake of the scoop. Additionally it overcomes another problem that I am seeing all the time where the quarter panel glass is darker tinted than the door window glass that has legal limitations. And it looks out of balance to me. With the scoops in place it has logocal reference to the body and looks more balanced.

But the best thing is with only a minority having them you don't end up with driving what everyone else has and it gives a bit more individulaity to it. Thats why I am also going with the OEM fastback spoiler, I think due to price hardly anyone has them so again it takes you away from the everyone has one syndrome.

As far as blind spot goes, yes absolutely, but having driven panel vans and trucks you learn how to deal with blind spot black-outs very well.

I am not going to say you are all wrong, I myself was originally dismissing of their applicability, but seeing them in real life on a black fastback changed my mind and then considering the aspect of moving away from the everyone has the same is a nice touch. :cheers:

PS. Thats what I like about this forum, we can throw things out there and put it through the paces. It allows people to consider many points of view with healthy debate :headbang:
I hope you don't mind me quoting you Allan, I agree with you completely. On my race red gt I have quarter window scoops and quarter panel scoops installed and love them. I had umed and arrred about the window with regards to visability but have decided to keep them on as I like them. Sure enough it can cut visibility down and its certainly something to get used to over time (I drive 789 haul trucks, D11 dozers etc so I know all about viability) but you do get used to them and in a little amount of time. And the quarter scoops well I think they suit the car simply breaking up the lines on the quarter. Some people like them and others don't but that once again is a personal thing and as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and at the end of the day it all holds on with 3m tape so if you decide later down the track that hey its not that good a look, the parts can always be taken off.
At a stage I was also considering going down the bonnet scoop but I just love the extremely nice view that the bonnet lines already provide, once again that's a person view and each to their own.
If we all drove around in the same looking cars with exactly same options then the Mustang would soon be just a well "its another mustang" not a "hey check that out" personalized vehicle as so many in here are already doing. And trust me the stares, looks, moth open wide, grins etc I get every day when driving the stang in town or open road completely has me thinking that what mods I have already applied to the car works. All I can say is at the end of the day its your car, do as you wish as you are paying for it.
If Others don't like the mod well they don't have to put it on their own car.

31432497301_f3fcf790dc_b.jpg

Oh and next mods thinking about lowering, Ferrada fr1 silver/chrome, ferrada fr3 silver/chrome or ferrada fr4's silver/chrome (still deciding) and the xforce headers and cats to go with the cat back already on the car. Oh and a black leather with red stitching console kit I have found ;)

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Each to Their Own - Happy You're Happy

Enjoy!

I hope you don't mind me quoting you Allan, I agree with you completely. On my race red gt I have quarter window scoops and quarter panel scoops installed and love them. I had umed and arrred about the window with regards to visability but have decided to keep them on as I like them. Sure enough it can cut visibility down and its certainly something to get used to over time (I drive 789 haul trucks, D11 dozers etc so I know all about viability) but you do get used to them and in a little amount of time. And the quarter scoops well I think they suit the car simply breaking up the lines on the quarter. Some people like them and others don't but that once again is a personal thing and as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and at the end of the day it all holds on with 3m tape so if you decide later down the track that hey its not that good a look, the parts can always be taken off.
At a stage I was also considering going down the bonnet scoop but I just love the extremely nice view that the bonnet lines already provide, once again that's a person view and each to their own.
If we all drove around in the same looking cars with exactly same options then the Mustang would soon be just a well "its another mustang" not a "hey check that out" personalized vehicle as so many in here are already doing. And trust me the stares, looks, moth open wide, grins etc I get every day when driving the stang in town or open road completely has me thinking that what mods I have already applied to the car works. All I can say is at the end of the day its your car, do as you wish as you are paying for it.
If Others don't like the mod well they don't have to put it on their own car.

31432497301_f3fcf790dc_b.jpg

Oh and next mods thinking about lowering, Ferrada fr1 silver/chrome, ferrada fr3 silver/chrome or ferrada fr4's silver/chrome (still deciding) and the xforce headers and cats to go with the cat back already on the car. Oh and a black leather with red stitching console kit I have found ;)
Sponsored