Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Nice, I've been looking at these also, will be interesting on how it affects the ride. Make sure you share those install tips 👍

Ive just purchased these Differential bushing kit to add to my Steda IRS subframe bushings alignment kit and IRS bushings support system.
20220125_141753.jpg
So far I have not noticed any difference with the links, although I have not driven far yet. I think they just compliment the other Steeda IRS bits and pieces that have been added. For install I adopted @KermiStang's idea of using an Irwin clamp (see his photo earlier) and a jack under the toe rod knuckle (I guess it is called). Of course there are several youtubes on install but none of them apply any of the supplied grease to the upper bushing or to the outer edge of the lower steel washer where the oem bolt washer is tightened.
As usual Steeda baulk at supplying any information other than what is on their install pdf. Maybe their contact staff are not knowledgeable enough or it could be a legal responsibility thing.
So grease them up I did.
You may or may not have one side tighter install fit than the other side. I had to use a nylon mallet on the passenger side to take the old one out and again to slide the new one in.. The driver's side literally fell out. I think that this has a little to do with how this part of the IRS is supported before removing the oem link. Mind you, the whole thing won't collapse if not supported but it helps in keeping things lined up as they were.
Other than that it just requires a lot of jiggling things around until the bolts line up and the lower bolt grabs the thread.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@TeeCee hi Tony IMHO you're better served by the smaller diameter pipes on a street car as they should work better. However if you're going FI and chasing power or building a drag car to launch at 8k the larger pipes would be worth pursuing.

Also might be worth seeing if you can find photos of the collector design and compare it to something like Kooks or ARH. IMHO the majority of gains from headers and tune is in the tune if you're just running 98 petrol vs say E85, so unless the headers are well designed they can be exceptionally poor bang for the buck but that may not be a concern for you. It'd be nice to find a manufacturer who will publish back to back dyno tests for headers with and without a tune.

There's lot's of good info on the web re the header pipe size question.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks I hadn't seen that. It's hard to tell what they're comparing but the figures on the dyno screen seem to show an increase of around 60rwkw? It's hard to believe that's achievable even with a tune, headers and intake but I guess if they've done it...

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks I hadn't seen that. It's hard to tell what they're comparing but the figures on the dyno screen seem to show an increase of around 60rwkw? It's hard to believe that's achievable even with a tune, headers and intake but I guess if they've done it...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
It does sound ambitious. PP2 is tune, CAI and TB are you sure it'll max the output potential of headers? IIRC people in the US are tending towards an 18 manifold instead of the 350 TB, and a custom tune. Have you spoken to any of the better known tuners to see what they'll commit to?

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It does sound ambitious. PP2 is tune, CAI and TB are you sure it'll max the output potential of headers? IIRC people in the US are tending towards an 18 manifold instead of the 350 TB, and a custom tune. Have you spoken to any of the better known tuners to see what they'll commit to?
Yeah - Info is that the 18 manifold will give you 3hp increase up to 7,000rpm - Not worth it in a street car that I rarely take above this - I realise I'll need a custom tune after the LTH install to maximise benefit.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
It does sound ambitious.
I agree.
Here are rhe numbers from a friend who had a number of tunes refined at a reputable Adelaide shop
2018 FN GT Man:
Rear wheel figures on a mainline hub dyno.
428.6 hp / 319.6 KW (3 Nov 2020)
451.4 hp / 336.6 KW (4Nov2020)
438.6 hp / 327 KW
444 hp / 331.1 KW (17Mar2021)
456.3 hp / 340.3 KW (17Mar2021)
459.3 hp / 342.5 KW

Baseline first runs were Airaid CAI, Resonator Delete (H-pipe) 1 7/8” Xforce Headers already fitted. Stock mufflers.

Some early runs are on 98 gas, with some later runs are on E85 with a varied mix, with last 2 all E85 (no dilution) and tunes adjusted all the way through until the final figures.

Compare this end result the chart created on this site from different inputs. Sure I can see from all the reading that some better headers, a full 3" good exhaust, possibly the better "racing tune" , with the E85 may take you from the 460 to mid 470's RWHP but even from the stock US HP to this is 60 ish HP, not 60 KW. Thats not to say it may not drive a lot different. Peak power is only one thing. A good TQ boost below 4k for a regular drive will be felt and in my opinion used a lot more than a 7500 rpm power figure. Thats what you get from the 1 3/4 good headers. But I think others are right too. If u r going boost then go larger.

E0B4AF94-AAD0-480D-ADA3-C56238A196DC.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Really, now thats it! Everything is here and I've just sliced my hand open doing something non-car related, so more delays.

Murphy is mean 😥

CABA4ED1-4AC4-4157-9989-B249F2DA1E7C.jpeg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Murphy is mean
What? Murphy didn't tell you to do non-car stuff. You can live in a car but you can't drive a house.

Is that two sets of RLCA bearings I see? Either one will make you very happy unless you do it yourself in which case the happiness may be preceded by a small period of unpleasantness. Mine made a huge difference.

Hope it's not too bad and heals quickly AJ :thumbsup:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
What? Murphy didn't tell you to do non-car stuff. You can live in a car but you can't drive a house.

Is that two sets of RLCA bearings I see? Either one will make you very happy unless you do it yourself in which case the happiness may be preceded by a small period of unpleasantness. Mine made a huge difference.

Hope it's not too bad and heals quickly AJ :thumbsup:
Yep. Front & Rear, and Toe.
LOL, yes I have seen others frustrations in doing the work, but I am sucker for punishment and if I do it, I will have the right tools. As you have seen, I expect the outcome to be worth the effort.

Thanks. Borderline stitches but just glued it. Right in one of those places with all the creases that makes it hard to heal and cracks a lot when you move it, making it pretty useless for a while. More videos and laminating instruction sheets for me for a while.

aw081271

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT , MY 2020
I got new Steeda vertical links put on. Yet to try them out but compared to the oem, they do look nice. Thanks to @KermiStang for his install tips.
PXL_20220123_021641560.jpg
PXL_20220123_021735819.jpg
PXL_20220123_032617590.jpg
yes, they look great.

but do they bring something?
what did YOU really feel about it while driving?

I'm considering getting these parts for my Mustang too...
I already have a KW V3 coilover kit installed.

Screenshot_20210919-224813_Opera.png

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
yes, they look great.

but do they bring something?
what did YOU really feel about it while driving?

I'm considering getting these parts too...
Andre, I added the links a long time after adding Steeda's IRS subframe alignment kit and bushing support system as well as front and rear support braces. With these earlier additions I definitely noticed a nice firming of the suspension. With the links added, any difference was not noticeable in everyday driving.
Sponsored