Sponsored

What Turbo Kit are you Running?

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I just got my engine back from MPR for my GT500 and It was shipped Aug 12 and Recieved it back Dec 18 it’s quite some time but I didn’t twanna rush nobody I just wanted it done right
I called around Black Friday and he told me if I had ordered then I should expect middle of January. 4-6 weeks. Not sure if that's changed today.
I would have had it much sooner but I ran into issues getting parts sent his way to finish the build. I would plan on 4-6 weeks as mentioned earlier. May vary due to part availability.
Thanks guys, I have a 19 on order tha I should have in the next 2 weeks or so. I also have a whipple stage 2 In my garage already. Basically If I have the rattle and tick. I may just get a mpr short block and be done with it. Not looking to break records 93 will be my limts as there is no e85 around really. But I'm not gonna deal with all the BS taking it in under warranty. So finger crossed.
Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I called around Black Friday and he told me if I had ordered then I should expect middle of January. 4-6 weeks. Not sure if that's changed today.
4-6 months is more realistic with them. I'd reach out to TKM if I had to do it all over again.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Either way, if there is a failure it's unlikely they'll fix it, so save the extra cash.
I've never had any illusion that anyone would warranty anything like that. Unless you're a YT personality...

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Waiting on the engine and turbos to show up. Going to repaint the cage in the meantime as it was done poorly and get ready for reassembly. Shouldn't be too long.
Either way, if there is a failure it's unlikely they'll fix it, so save the extra cash.
Did you ever figure out why the back of the block had welding on it which it looked like was there to hold sleeve in? I wonder if that is normal?

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you ever figure out why the back of the block had welding on it which it looked like was there to hold sleeve in? I wonder if that is normal?
I have no idea what you're referring to.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have no idea what you're referring to.
I am referring to the failure in the sleeved MPRmengine that isedawishy had. The back sleeve on the engine lifted which could have been an issue that caused his engine failure or the engine failure could have caused the sleeve to lift. It looked like a hole was drilled in the back of the block and the sleeve was welded in.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am referring to the failure in the sleeved MPRmengine that isedawishy had. The back sleeve on the engine lifted which could have been an issue that caused his engine failure or the engine failure could have caused the sleeve to lift. It looked like a hole was drilled in the back of the block and the sleeve was welded in.
Gotcha. I was confused because you quoted my comment which had no reference to yours.
Screenshot_20190108-125803.png

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
Armageddon Twin Turbo kit here. Garrett GTX3576R Gen 2 turbos (58mm).
How long did it take to have the Armageddon kit delivered?

Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Supposedly he does this as that area is a weak spot. Interestingly, that's where the head gasket failed

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How long did it take to have the Armageddon kit delivered?
My car is the development car. I'm not sure how far out they are on timelines. Best bet is to reach out to them directly for a quote.

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just pulled the trigger on the On3 twin 61mm top mount kit. Fore fuel system with twin 465 Walbro pumps and ID 1000 injectors. Was just this past Saturday so no pics yet.

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I ended up ordering a Hellion Sleeper system w cast wheels / BB option. It seems like the best value for the money and their customer service has been excellent. I called them to talk about their different options, and they were very helpful in explaining the kit to me and about making sure that I had what I needed to meet my goals.

Guzmans5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
I just pulled the trigger on the On3 twin 61mm top mount kit. Fore fuel system with twin 465 Walbro pumps and ID 1000 injectors. Was just this past Saturday so no pics yet.
How’s the kit treating you? And was it an easy direct bolt on kit or no?
Sponsored