Sponsored

What Turbo Kit are you Running?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I'm currently installing the ON3 top mount kit. I'm just finishing up moving the fuse box and ECU to under the headlight. It was a daunting task but I got some great help from people and it really wasn't that bad. I'm not sure why they designed it to have to move the fuse box when others have made it work. Oh well. Really cleaned up the engine bay. I'm waiting for my lift to be delivered before I tackle the header install.

The reason I went with ON3 was price. Im coming from a Procharger and when I got the Procharger 1.5 years ago ON3 didn't have the top mount and I'm not having beautiful turbos hiding under the car. I did plenty of research on many people running 8s with the ON3 kit and they have their QC issues under control it seems. I paid $4200 which is less than half the price of Hellion. Hellion is the benchmark so I know they are the best, but saving $5000 is worth it. And my kit can make just as much power.

Im a do it yourselfer so I don't mind the work. Do basically I saved $5000 on the kit and another $2500 installing it myself. That is a shit ton of money in my opinion. That's enough to buy a Hellion low mount kit.

Anyway, I don't have an opinion on which kit is the best. They are all capable of putting a car into the 8s which is crazy pants if you ask me. For a daily? I just went with the cheaper option. Like I said with the money saved I can upgrade or fix anything that is wrong. Quality of the kit looks good. Header welds are nice and all the hot side pipes look good.
20181214_212303.jpg
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@donmcgowen I heard that the AC doesn't work on s550s with this kit because of a modified AC line that's required. Have you researched this? Don't you also have to tap the oil pan for the oil return lines?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm just finishing up moving the fuse box and ECU to under the headlight. It was a daunting task but I got some great help from people and it really wasn't that bad. I'm not sure why they designed it to have to move the fuse box when others have made it work.
Have to move it on the Armageddon kits as well.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I was planning to buy the On3 kit and there are a ton of guys running it with great results but I decided to go with the hellion low mount kit for ease of install and additional RWHP potential. It is also nice that hellion kit comes with name brand wastegates and BOVs. I upgraded to the precision 62Mm JB turbo and larger headers. In the end the cost was about 3K more than the On3 with BB turbos. I also did not like that the On3 kit mounts the power box upside down in the fender well. in the end the On3 kit is a killer setup for the buck.

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was planning to buy the On3 kit and there are a ton of guys running it with great results but I decided to go with the hellion low mount kit for ease of install and additional RWHP potential. It is also nice that hellion kit comes with name brand wastegates and BOVs. I upgraded to the precision 62Mm JB turbo and larger headers. In the end the cost was about 3K more than the On3 with BB turbos. I also did not like that the On3 kit mounts the power box upside down in the fender well. in the end the On3 kit is a killer setup for the buck.
You wont be disappointed!!! Glad to be a part of your project!

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
You wont be disappointed!!! Glad to be a part of your project!
What type of exhaust connects come with this kit and is this something that needs to be specified when ordering? I have ARH Long Tube kit with 3" all the way back and I am curious if I need anything to connect to that system.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@donmcgowen I heard that the AC doesn't work on s550s with this kit because of a modified AC line that's required. Have you researched this? Don't you also have to tap the oil pan for the oil return lines?
That's not the case. There was a back order of custom AC lines so instead of holding up shipping, they shipped without the AC line. I got mine about a month after I got the turbos. But they have since caught up. They give you a different line the routes out of the way of the Turbo.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@donmcgowen Ah ok, thanks for the info. So you have to get the AC recharged afterwards? How about the oil return lines? Do you have to tap the oil pan?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The low mount kit looks nice, but I want to see my turbos when I pop the hood. That's why I waited with ON3 because they didn't have a top mount kit until this year.

I have a stock motor so I don't need crazy power. I was making 760whp and 550wtq with Procharger but I wanted more torque. I'm hoping to make 900whp and 800wtq with the Turbo kit on stock motor.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The low mount kit looks nice, but I want to see my turbos when I pop the hood. That's why I waited with ON3 because they didn't have a top mount kit until this year.

I have a stock motor so I don't need crazy power. I was making 760whp and 550wtq with Procharger but I wanted more torque. I'm hoping to make 900whp and 800wtq with the Turbo kit on stock motor.
It is a nice kit and please keep photos of progress coming to help others make a decision. I actually like the turbo being on the bottom so they are out of the way for engine work when I blow it up LOL.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you need to d
@donmcgowen Ah ok, thanks for the info. So you have to get the AC recharged afterwards? How about the oil return lines? Do you have to tap the oil pan?
Yes, you need to drain the AC so it needs recharged when you are done. Also, yes you need to tap the oil pan to run oil to the turbos. I figured they were all like that. I'm thinking you can upgrade to turbos that don't require an oil source. But this is my first kit and I have no clue what I'm doing. Lol

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
I'm currently installing the ON3 top mount kit. I'm just finishing up moving the fuse box and ECU to under the headlight. It was a daunting task but I got some great help from people and it really wasn't that bad. I'm not sure why they designed it to have to move the fuse box when others have made it work. Oh well. Really cleaned up the engine bay. I'm waiting for my lift to be delivered before I tackle the header install.
How easy is it to access the fuse box in its new location? That's one of the things I've always wondered about the ON3 and Armageddon kits.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What type of exhaust connects come with this kit and is this something that needs to be specified when ordering? I have ARH Long Tube kit with 3" all the way back and I am curious if I need anything to connect to that system.
We can option both stock and 3". The kit is modular and we send the proper adapter for the exhaust you are using. So yes, please specify 3" on order.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How easy is it to access the fuse box in its new location? That's one of the things I've always wondered about the ON3 and Armageddon kits.

It's not bad. I can get to it from under the car. I don't use all the plastic shit so it's easy. Also can just pull the bumper. How often do you actually need to change a fuse.
Sponsored