Sponsored

What tuner can use existing tune and only change acceptable rear gear range? Want to go steeper gears.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Running the Edelbrock stage two supercharger with the Edelbrock stage 2 tune . Car has 3.73 gears right now looking to go either 4.30 or 4.56. Since it must have the program modified to except this gear range does anyone know if a tuner can extract and modify the existing tune and change only the ratio Acceptable range? Has anyone done this ? I am not looking for a re-tune in any other way leaving all else alone just the gear ratio . Thx!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Only the person that made that tune can edit it. So, unless Edelbrock can send you an altered tune with just that change you'll have to pay for a full tune from another tuner.
I was afraid of that. Since the Edelbrock is an emissions legal tune they will not modify it . And since the air resources Board has scared all the tuners out of California not sure which way to go with this . Mail order tuners won’t do business with California people anymore either . Sounds like the only real way to do this in person is going to be a road trip out of state .

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Only the person that made that tune can edit it. So, unless Edelbrock can send you an altered tune with just that change you'll have to pay for a full tune from another tuner.
I'm not so sure about that. Anyone with an MPVI2 can probably read the tune, make changes and reflash it(with the purchase of credits). I'm not positive on the Edelbrock, but this is definitely true of the whipple.

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm not so sure about that. Anyone with an MPVI2 can probably read the tune, make changes and reflash it(with the purchase of credits). I'm not positive on the Edelbrock, but this is definitely true of the whipple.
Thanks, Bankyf. My car was programmed using an SCT BDX device.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Try to find someone locally that has HPTuners and see if they can read it. Don't need any credits to do a read.
Sponsored