Sponsored

What to upgrade after ford performance street handling pack? PP + FP X-Springs

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hello,

I have a PP car with ford performance X- springs which I believe makes my car's setup equal to ford performance street handling pack. Overall I really like the ride quality/stance and looking for ways to improve overall handling and putting power down. What would be the next logical upgrades without sacrificing drivability as much as possible? I heard things like cradle lockout kit, red bushings etc. Thanks!
Sponsored

TheMark

obsessed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Ignot Silver
I was amazed at what a dramatic difference the Steeda “stop the hop” enthusiast kit made in how the rearend feels. That would be my suggestion

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I was amazed at what a dramatic difference the Steeda “stop the hop” enthusiast kit made in how the rearend feels. That would be my suggestion
Was thinking bout going this route as well. Same springs as OP. Heard great things. Basically similar to the Steeda drag pack their 10 sec NA silver bullet has minus the adjustable shocks (and different brand springs).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit is a perfect next upgrade. Diff bushing inserts will help with getting power down too, although come with some additional driveline noise.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Avoid the diff bushing inserts. BMR CB005 for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thanks all! Any difference between CB005 and Steeda S550 Mustang 'Stop the Hop' Starter Kit? They seem to be serving the same purpose but steeda just looks more metal.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda's works around/with the existing brace here while the CB005 discards it and replaces it with a stronger brace.

Steeda's starter kit also includes a subframe alignment kit that BMR does not. This helps make sure the subframe is centered to the body and re-aligns to the same position each time you drop it. Also makes sure that the wheels/tires have the same poke (can't think of a better word atm) on each side.

I would have gone with Steeda's if I knew I was going to do so much in the end with mine, but I've had no issues with BMR's either. Either one will be an easy install.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all! Any difference between CB005 and Steeda S550 Mustang 'Stop the Hop' Starter Kit? They seem to be serving the same purpose but steeda just looks more metal.
Your conclusion is correct. The front arms of the CB005 also centers the cradle very well. It does not hurt one bit to use the alignment inserts with it (and Steeda sells a CB005-specific version), but it's also not necessary.
Sponsored