17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

bossmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Hi guys,

Just got a '22 Mustang for me and the wife as a "fun car." Well, guess what. Wife feels uncomfortable driving it, because she's afraid of the power. She also wants to get used to driving a stick until it's pure muscle memory (for me it is, it's like riding a bike, but she's never owned a stick, only driven others').

Anyway, looking at a few used S550 EcoBoosts w/ the 6-speed (exact same transmission, so a perfect way to prepare for driving the GT). What do I look for on these? I'm generally looking at 2016-2018 models with 50-80,000 miles on them. I know how to evaluate a car and I do have standards for all cars, but I'm not familiar enough w/ the S550 or the EcoBoost to know particular troubles the used ones may present with.

Thanks for any advice/heads-ups.

PFA, but this is one of the cars we're looking at... a 2018 w/ 52k miles and looks bone stock in the pics (do not want a car someone else modded, nor a de-modded car, so will be looking for the telltale signs of that already):

get a mustang v6, 2016. I just traded in mine with 140k miles on it. zero issues.
Sponsored