Sponsored

What to expect when expecting.... my Mach 1 from Granger?

renwimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
FJG, AT. Did you order from Zach?
No. Live in Seattle so we ordered from dealership nearby. We are FJG,HP, manual, appearance and elite package. So basically everything but recaro seats. My husband is much more patient than I am!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
No. Live in Seattle so we ordered from dealership nearby. We are FJG,HP, manual, appearance and elite package. So basically everything but recaro seats. My husband is much more patient than I am!!!
I live in SOCAL and will most likley be driving it back from Granger. Just couldn't beat the deal or find a better experience than dealing with Zach.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I thought someone was going to say, “Stretch Marks & Retaining Water”! 🤣
The thing nobody talks about... The possibility of poop making an appearance 💩 during delivery

renwimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I live in SOCAL and will most likley be driving it back from Granger. Just couldn't beat the deal or find a better experience than dealing with Zach.
Yeah didn't find this forum until after putting in our order. Not much we can do but wait at this point!

OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
It will be worth the wait.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Velocity Blue M6 ordered from Zach. No supersize spoiler and wheel package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
The Mach 1 I ordered from Zach at Granger is scheduled for production the week of August 9th. I'm going to drive it back to SOCAL. Got an email from Granger today asking if I wanted any window tinting, PPF, ceramic coating, ect.., once it arrives. Any of you out there that have ordered from Zach have any experience with these services? What about the overall buying experience? Ordering it was a breeze and Zach was a pleasure to work with. Anyone else that has a Mach 1 or Mustang have any recommendations on prepping before the drive? I know I've got to be a little careful on the RPM's and burnish the brakes. What about protecting the paint and glass. Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I am planning on the full PPF/Ceramic/Window Tint process thru Granger (via S&C) before driving back to the Seattle area. For this long haul only, I have also ordered a Colgan Carbon Fiber Bra w/Mirror Covers thru Covercraft. I will only use again if it's a similar long distance drive.

Beyond that, I did order the Mach1 Spare tire kit that fits in the trunk spare space. It's like bringing an umbrella on a sunny day to the ball game...good insurance!

Since I don't anticipate being able to pick mine up until late December/early January, depending on the weather systems around the West at that time, I may take the I-40/Route 66 southern route thru SoCal before turning north on I-5:-)

Cheers and good luck when the day arrives!

OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I picked mine up last Friday, threw on some track armor on (well, Jay did it) and drove it back to San Diego like I stole it! It was awesome! Played 4 rounds of golf over those 4 days and averaged about 450 miles a day. I-80 kinda sucked with all the truck traffic but one I hit 76 at the CO border they seemed to disappear. I-70 from Denver to I-15 was epic!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I am planning on the full PPF/Ceramic/Window Tint process thru Granger (via S&C) before driving back to the Seattle area. For this long haul only, I have also ordered a Colgan Carbon Fiber Bra w/Mirror Covers thru Covercraft. I will only use again if it's a similar long distance drive.

Beyond that, I did order the Mach1 Spare tire kit that fits in the trunk spare space. It's like bringing an umbrella on a sunny day to the ball game...good insurance!

Since I don't anticipate being able to pick mine up until late December/early January, depending on the weather systems around the West at that time, I may take the I-40/Route 66 southern route thru SoCal before turning north on I-5:-)

Cheers and good luck when the day arrives!
Love to know how it goes. I ordered a '22 EG 700A 10A HP that shouldn't be ready till Spring when the HP's are OK to build.

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I picked mine up last Friday, threw on some track armor on (well, Jay did it) and drove it back to San Diego like I stole it! It was awesome! Played 4 rounds of golf over those 4 days and averaged about 450 miles a day. I-80 kinda sucked with all the truck traffic but one I hit 76 at the CO border they seemed to disappear. I-70 from Denver to I-15 was epic!
did they apply the tape over the stripes as well or just the paint

OP
OP
LowFlying65

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
did they apply the tape over the stripes as well or just the paint
We did the first 6 inches arcoss the hood. It came right off. I did have a little residual sticky stuff on the front bumper area to work off but it wasn't a problem.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
i had the first mach 1 ordered through granger.......took delivery may 6th i think? as far as the experience it was amazing. best car buying experience i've ever had. i've already told my wife she can pick any car she wants for the next purchase as long as its offered through granger motors lol. you have nothing to worry about with your car being delivered to zach. if you don't get PPF applied before the drive home definitely do track tape or even blue painters tape! something to protect it until you get home. i didn't bother with burnishing the brakes. they work fine and make no noise. really if you have any concerns reach out to zach or anyone else there and they will take care of you. i can assure you its a different operation than anything i've experienced before. you're in good hands.
I wish I knew of a sponsored dealer near me like this. My first new Ford buying process was abysm
The Mach 1 I ordered from Zach at Granger is scheduled for production the week of August 9th. I'm going to drive it back to SOCAL. Got an email from Granger today asking if I wanted any window tinting, PPF, ceramic coating, ect.., once it arrives. Any of you out there that have ordered from Zach have any experience with these services? What about the overall buying experience? Ordering it was a breeze and Zach was a pleasure to work with. Anyone else that has a Mach 1 or Mustang have any recommendations on prepping before the drive? I know I've got to be a little careful on the RPM's and burnish the brakes. What about protecting the paint and glass. Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
.... I caught the pun in the title. Do you have kids? :)
Sponsored