Sponsored

What To Do With The 2018 GT Engine Cover?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Very very sharp. You did a top notch job and have set the standard for everyone else

OP
OP
Kleiss1

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Now for the water tank. Probably not blue though.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
post as you do it.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Personally I think it would look best if you cut off the "wings" on the front of it, but I believe that is where the clips that hold it on are?
That's what I am thinking, trim off the wings. Maybe cut circles around where the two round mounts are so it can still be bolted down but remove as much of the wings as possible.
And remove the center section behind the "5.0" so we can see the intake runners.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I agree...just looking at it makes me want to add a cobra jet or boss intake. I haven’t even got my 19 yet and I’m already wanting to burn that nasty ass cover. Probably take it off and leave it at the dealership before I leave...

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to keep an open mind here; I know everyone has different goals with their cars, but why put money and effort into this at all? I threw my engine cover away the day I brought my car home.

I understand the desire for engine dress up but wouldn't one want to show off the engine bay with actual performance modifications, not painted pieces of plastic? Example: you open your hood at a show to show off your massive blower and various custom welds, not some spray painted plastic.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Too each their own. My dad, when he was alive, would say that anyone that adds non performance mods were compensating for something else. He loved the sleeper look. I for one love to see people put their personal touches to their cars. In my opinion it is an extension of their personality.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Why put money or anything that we do if you don't enjoy? that's the thing about being a car enthusiast. I believe in beautification and performance.. not just driving from point a to point b and how fast you can do it.sorry you threw your engine cover away, you could have gave it to someone they could use it as an art project or sold it cheaply to someone that could enjoyed it like myself. I need projects to take my mind off of other things that I have to deal with in life just as a relaxing resort.believe me if I could afford a blower to put on the car I would definitely enjoy that just as well LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited: