Sponsored

What to buy?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Merry Christmas!

So, I have never been on this forum before and am planning to order a new Mustang in January. I am 61, have 650HP C6 Corvette, but want a fun daily driver. I currently drive an Acura, but it is like a microwave oven, boring. My wife has new Ecoboost Escape and it is far more exciting than the Acura.

My budget is $50K and here is what I am looking at getting.
GT Premium
Performance Package
Active Cruise Control
Recaro Seats
401A interior upgrade
Navigation

Does that sound like a good combo and is the back seat worthless, or can you actually put people in them if you need to?

Thanks!
Sponsored

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
With regards to back seat question, I'm 5'10" and cannot sit in the back seats without tilting my head sideways or sliding down in the seat.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I'm only 5'8" and my head hits the rear window.

As for the selection above; it sounds great! A lot of people are on the fence about the recaros but I love mine and wouldn't want anything else in their place.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I'm only 5'8" and my head hits the rear window.

As for the selection above; it sounds great! A lot of people are on the fence about the recaros but I love mine and wouldn't want anything else in their place.
Thanks for the feedback from both of you on the rear seat. I guess we can take the other car if we need a backseat.

I had Recaro Profi XLs in my Corvette for a day and could not get in and out of the car. Back 2 years ago, we looked at a Boss 302 with factory Recaro seats and we like them, so hopefully these are as nice. Do you know if they are heated and cooled like the regular seats?

Thanks!

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I have the Recaro's. They are not heated or cooled in the 2016's. I love them. Im 6'1 260 and I am still very comfortable in them.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
keep in mind getting recaros on a premium package deletes the heated/cooled seats, and power adjustment that you get in the premium package.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I'm thinking the resale value may be better without the Recaro's. Especially with the 401A package because you'll loose the heated/cooled seats and I don't know if the memory seats works with the Recaro's. I don't have the 401A or the Recaro's so not really sure about the memory seat function.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recaro's are not power. Manual adjustment only.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
keep in mind getting recaros on a premium package deletes the heated/cooled seats, and power adjustment that you get in the premium package.
That's not good! I wanted the heated and cooled. Glad that all of you responded! Two things my wife wants, heated seats and race red paint, so the Recaros are out.

Just saved $1500!

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:headbang:More Money for bolt ons!!

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The stock seats hold you in very well. Obviously not as well as recaros but enough that pulling 0.98g in turns I don't move in my seat. If you aren't going to track it and want heated/cooled seats it's a worthwhile trade off.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
The stock seats hold you in very well. Obviously not as well as recaros but enough that pulling 0.98g in turns I don't move in my seat. If you aren't going to track it and want heated/cooled seats it's a worthwhile trade off.
This ^^^

I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable and supportive the stock seats are.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
This ^^^

I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable and supportive the stock seats are.
Agree! Love the stock seats with ceramic leather. Very comfortable, and love having them heated/cooled ( though the heating works much better than the cooling).
Sponsored