Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
yep, I did the same thing.

so here's why you get more sound.

9 speaker cars, have 4ohm 6.5's in doors and shelf.
12 speaker cars have 2ohm 6.5's in doors and shelf.

when I changed the amps, I changed the 4ohm to 2ohm speakers, and it doubled the output. the thing I wonder though, does the amp have different ohm channels? ie. does the 9 speaker provide any different ohms for those speakers, than the 12? or is it the same power, its just that the 2ohm speakers simply play louder.

no idea, but I matched them all up the cars they was yanked from. WAY better

id like to assume you can toss 2 ohm speakers in 9 speaker cars with the 9 speaker amp and it would be just fine, but idk
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I went ahead and changed the code to the one you provided and seems like the sub still isn’t working
You stated in your initial post #335 that you added the sub harness from a parts car that goes from trunk to the front of the car.

Have you tapped the trunk connector in that harness with a meter to check for continuity and verify if you’re getting power to the rear of the car?

If you’re getting power at the main trunk harnesses connector, have you tested the sub amp separately to verify if it gets power?

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You stated in your initial post #335 that you added the sub harness from a parts car that goes from trunk to the front of the car.

Have you tapped the trunk connector in that harness with a meter to check for continuity and verify if you’re getting power to the rear of the car?

If you’re getting power at the main trunk harnesses connector, have you tested the sub amp separately to verify if it gets power?
Can you tell me which wires I should test? Not very knowledgeable about wiring and speakers, still a learning curve would like to learn as much as possible

Mikiemopa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
19 gt pp1
Very late to the thread, but it interested me til I looked and I don't have the blue plug in the trunk. What's the best budget option to add a little bass to my car. I miss the stereo my 14 had with subs in the doors. Don't really need more then that. If someone could point me to a thread or know a way to add some bass, send me a link or thread. Thanks Mike

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Can you tell me which wires I should test? Not very knowledgeable about wiring and speakers, still a learning curve would like to learn as much as possible
Hey so have you figured out what the issue was yet? Is your sub working now?

Sponsored

Jperez228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the blue female on the 2018? I'm trying to re-pin my 2019's connector so that I can make it plug-n-play rather than have to splice into the JR3Z-14A411-C. (I want it to look as OEM as possible)

Untitled.jpg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the blue female on the 2018? I'm trying to re-pin my 2019's connector so that I can make it plug-n-play rather than have to splice into the JR3Z-14A411-C. (I want it to look as OEM as possible)

Untitled.jpg
Im really late on this thread. But
- Which Pin Has the Power on to run to power On the New Amp?
- Is one of these pins have a speaker signal to run to the Amp for the Bass Signal?
- Does anyone Offer a Complete Install Kit With the 12" Bass speaker?

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Yet another late post. I have a convertible, and "think" the sub housing is different than the coupe version. Is that correct? This is what I find all over for sale FR3T-19A067-AC , does anyone know the convertible number if it is indeed, different? TIA

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I believe you are in correct as my 18 has a connector below this and it’s all the wires for the sub I’m wanting to add this ASAP as all the parts is 520 bucks new with the 12 speaker dsp module, maybe they ran the wires on the 18 premium only

Thoughts? But I verified it per the ford wiring diagram
I have an early '18 (March '18), and it does not have the connector/wiring for the sub.

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT230 Convertible
Saw these three things being asked on this page, here’s my quick answers from personal experience.

1. I literally just did a 2018 9 speaker swap today to the 12 speakers from a 2019 B&O. Didn’t have any issues so far and it sounds way better! Lots more bass and clear. Running on a Shaker Pro amp, I bought the B&O amp but the connections are different.

2. No idea how some 9 speaker mustangs have the sub connector and some don’t. Mine did and I plug and played a Shaker sub, though it does require a Shaker Pro amp swap.

3. No, the sub housings are exactly the same between coupes and convertibles. I’ve been running a Shaker sub for almost 3 years so issues. Just bought the B&O sub for more bass and there’s no aftermarket form fitting options for sub enclosures on the convertible. Best option in my opinion is do what I’m doing. Get a B&O sub box and add an aftermarket speaker

Sponsored

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
If anyone has any info to could help me

Is there any way to wire up the B&O amp, or any high quality plug and play setups for the Shaker Pro amp connection.

Would splicing into the shaker connector work for the B&O sub? And if not what’s the best alternative?
FEB38429-39A0-4749-85AA-7F75DACE4DB3.jpeg

⬆ B&O 10” sub on the left and Shaker 8” sub on the right.
1207210A-060D-4414-9F4D-C293AAC85576.jpeg

⬆ B&O has the green connector, the two aren’t interchangeable without modifications.

I have photos comparing the 9 speaker setup to the B&O speakers if anyone’s interested in seeing.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Saw these three things being asked on this page, here’s my quick answers from personal experience.

3. No, the sub housings are exactly the same between coupes and convertibles. I’ve been running a Shaker sub for almost 3 years so issues. Just bought the B&O sub for more bass and there’s no aftermarket form fitting options for sub enclosures on the convertible. Best option in my opinion is do what I’m doing. Get a B&O sub box and add an aftermarket speaker
Thanks! Really appreciate it

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2

1. I literally just did a 2018 9 speaker swap today to the 12 speakers from a 2019 B&O. Didn’t have any issues so far and it sounds way better! Lots more bass and clear. Running on a Shaker Pro amp, I bought the B&O amp but the connections are different.

2. No idea how some 9 speaker mustangs have the sub connector and some don’t. Mine did and I plug and played a Shaker sub, though it does require a Shaker Pro amp swap.

Hey, did you take a picture of the bass connector on your mustang?

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
Hey, did you take a picture of the bass connector on your mustang?
The Shaker and B&O use different connectors. The Shaker is a short adapter that plugs into the harness, the B&O is built into the harness and is not removable.
Here’s the Shaker adapter.
A6DE7108-C2AE-427F-8078-F0E6972D99F9.jpeg

A61926C4-EFC8-4866-8E87-909117B1A6F9.jpeg

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
From day one of ownership I have not turned radio nothing entered sounds the banging gears in a v8 baby just my two cents hahahha
Sponsored