Sponsored

What tire shine do you use?

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Nope, they have a tire shine, I have not tried the vrt yet
Its the exact same thing as Chemical Guys VRP, except CG is cheaper.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Its the exact same thing as Chemical Guys VRP, except CG is cheaper.
I just splurged recently and went all in on a bunch of Adams products. I am very happy with them and their customer service is top notch. That being said yes I am certain there are great products elsewhere cheaper but I found something that works and I am happy with. Not gonna lose sleep over a couple bucks.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I use Adams VRT for tire shine, gives it a nice black without being overly glossy or sticky. Here's a shot I took today so you can get an idea of what I mean. I'd say it lasts about 3-4 weeks, parked outside in the Florida sun all day.
IMG_20190413_094900.jpg

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
se
As a profressional detailer for over 12 years, i want to hear what tire shine you use and why. My car is black with black wheels and im having a hard time finding a tire shine i really love. I have used meguiars,mother, 303, chemical guys,poor boys, trinova, you name it. Problem is they all seem to either be to greasy or just kinda look blah with the black paint and black wheels.
seems you've bought the store...i'm not a "shine" fan, prefer luster/sheen with deep black. Meguiars Mirror Glaze #40 has become my standard. not only does it deepen the black (Michelin PS4) but is a conditioner and compared to others I've tried, lasts a long time. has just enough sheen, not matte. of course it really works well on ABS trims, splitters, diffusers etc with the same character which, was why I first bought it. another point is, it doesn't take a lot. small squirts on sponge applicators (various sizes) really is enough...cost effective. sounds like I own stock in Meguiar's...I don't. just like some of their products
dman also, this a water based product

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Chemical guys silk shine

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I started using Croftgate Tire Shine last year and love it. There's no petroleum in it which makes CG better than 90% of store-bought products. When the tires are treated, they don't look overly black or fake super shiny...but just right to me. I even use the stuff on my dash and exterior plastic parts on the car. There's no residue to sling off, either.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I've been using CG Tire and Trim Gel. Oil based product which surprisingly does not attract dust. Works great on the black trim pieces, very durable and long lasting sheen. On tires it doesn't work any better or last longer than other products I've tried.

TVD_108_16.png

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I use Armor All Extreme Tire Foam. The foaming action does a good job of getting any residual brake dust off, and it leaves a good shine (the non-Extreme tire form is not shiny at all). The can says to just spray it and let it sit, but I feel like I'd use half a can to get an even coat (maybe that's the idea to get you to buy more). I spray each tire first so the foam has some time to sit, and then spread it and work it in with a towel. Plus it's under $5 at Wal-mart.

7477001_extreme_tire_foam_1.jpg

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A