Sponsored

What the new GT500 should've looked like

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I happened to scroll across these pictures on Instagram. It's a 2018 Mustang with a GT500 style bumper made by Bofan Tuning. I know a few guys on here have already done this swap, but this one has the strips and badges (I know, I know). It's just so well done, and imagine it with the wider front fenders that the real 500 has. :inlove:

igt5001.JPG
igt5002.JPG
igt5003.JPG
igt5004.JPG
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ah yes. Badging up a car to be something its not. Whatever flips your trigger. To me this is like a man wearing a professional team jersey with another man's name on the back. Just seems immature, insecure, and peculiar in every way.

Plenty of aftermarket custom kits with tasteful lines to give your GT a unique look if that is what you are after.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I agree in that I wish the GT500 had the '18+ headlamps.......just more aggressive in my opinion.

As for this conversion......if people like the look, why not? But I'd certainly leave the GT500/snakes off of it.

OP
OP
ihc95

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Ah yes. Badging up a car to be something its not. Whatever flips your trigger. To me this is like a man wearing a professional team jersey with another man's name on the back. Just seems immature, insecure, and peculiar in every way.

Plenty of aftermarket custom kits with tasteful lines to give your GT a unique look if that is what you are after.
You completely missed my point. I never said I want to get this bumper or put Shelby badges on my car...:headbang:

I'm just saying this is what the GT500 should've looked like, using the updated headlights. Besides, they better match the curves in the new taillights.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
You completely missed my point. I never said I want to get this bumper or put Shelby badges on my car...:headbang:

I'm just saying this is what the GT500 should've looked like, using the updated headlights. Besides, they better match the curves in the new taillights.
Wasnā€™t the issue that the lower front end bodywork of the FN model did not allow the supercharger hardware to fit? The FN styling changes are more than just a change of headlights.

It would have been nice to update the bodywork, but the GT500 still look fabulous with the ā€˜oldā€™ FM style front end.

OP
OP
ihc95

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Wasnā€™t the issue that the lower front end bodywork of the FN model did not allow the supercharger hardware to fit? The FN styling changes are more than just a change of headlights.

It would have been nice to update the bodywork, but the GT500 still look fabulous with the ā€˜oldā€™ FM style front end.
The reason the GT500 uses the old headlights is because it utilizes the same carbon front support structure as the GT350. I'm sure the designers and engineers wanted to modify it to fit the new headlights, but the bean counters didn't think it was worth the money.
Sponsored