Sponsored

What Sway Bars w/ Steeda Springs?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I’ve decided to swap springs to get a little drop. I’ve also decided to go with the Steeda dual rates. I’ve read and read and read until I’m blind and even though there’s a ton of folks out there completely happy with the FP springs/sway bar combo, there’s also almost an equal amount of feedback on the FP springs being too soft in the rear. Thus my decision to try out the Steeda’s. Not a lot of guy running them, but the feedback that’s available has pretty much been all positive. Along with supporting statements from some pretty knowledgeable suspension gurus on here that the Steeda rates are very very good.

So my question is this…if you were going with the Steeda springs, which sway bars…if any…would you go with to compliment? The Steeda bars are monsters, so I kinda ruled those out. Probably curious about the FP bars vs stock. Or actually, I’d value any opinion or input on the topic.

This is for a normal driven car that gets some heavy mountain twisties several times a year. I’m also the type that doesn’t mind the firm ride around town to have an ideal setup for the twistie stuff. Maybe a track day or two a year, but I’m not in search of any lap records. Not a DD.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Basically any 35mm front bar on the soft setting. I like BMR, and probably a GT350R rear bar would be my recommendation, but you can go softer. The car is going to be pretty stiff with the dual rates.

I hope you have good shocks.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Hit up @tj@steeda with what you want and he will come up with a setup.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I hope you have good shocks.
Elaborate? These are designed for magneride; should handle them OK, shouldn’t it? But I agree that’s a valid conversation to have as to the factory magneride controlling these springs sufficiently.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Elaborate? These are designed for magneride; should handle them OK, shouldn’t it? But I agree that’s a valid conversation to have as to the factory magneride controlling these springs sufficiently.
Just asking. Let us know how you like em. I was on dual rates for quite a while with non magnaride shocks. I’m pretty familiar with them.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It's literally a bar - diameter of it is mostly what matters (and material that determines stiffness). Use whatever color you like - either blue (Steeda) or red (BMR). There isn't much difference between them.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you like them as much as everything else I’ve read?
They’re a bit much for a daily street car, and they’re chonky heavy things. Not for everybody. The drop is perfect for the chassis.

On a track, autocross or spirited drive through the hills, they’re in their element and feel fantastic.

I’m not normal tho, so I’ve moved on to even stiffer coilover front springs, but I ran the dual rates for a couple years and I’m still using the rears, and will do so for the forseeable future.
Sponsored