Sponsored

What steering wheels do you guys have in your GTs?

hsteel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have the 350R wheel. Just used a piece of vinyl decal to change color on the top of wheel. By far one of the best mods for your driving experience. Didn’t care about loosing my heated steering wheel. Never had one in any other car but I don’t drive this in the winter either. Not even rain. But the wheel is 100% better than stock and easy swap.

B2525C2F-F493-45CF-9DA4-933A562FA4F8.jpeg
Curious what about it improves the driving experience? Is it thicker when gripped at 9&3?
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Alcantara & CF Beith wheel. This is my 3rd wheel and love it.
IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

The swap was pretty easy. Just be sure to disconnect the battery and you'll be fine.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
By far one of the best mods for your driving experience.
Totally agree. It's the main human interface touch point.

Kind of like good tires for your car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
21C0EA1C-F0CE-4C48-B992-33303533F6EA.jpeg
E01D1041-E564-4BED-8085-596E097575EE.jpeg
A4F07143-E7F4-4E85-95CD-4F0CC81EB2A9.jpeg

Went with a full alcantara wheel from s550 euros. *bonus I hacked together a Gt350 heads up display.
That parking lot looks really familiar. Fox Valley mall by chance?

Sponsored

Conehead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, BMW M3, Datsun 240Z
Too tall driver here. Has anyone come across a wheel that retains the stock functions plus airbag but has a deeper dish to it? Thanks.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Curious what about it improves the driving experience? Is it thicker when gripped at 9&3?
yes, a bit thicker. Just feels so much better than the stock wheel, more connected to the car in a way. Sporty, racecar feel. The alcantara suede feels amazing and you will not miss the heated wheel if you use it. One of my fav mods and one of the first mods I did after buying my car. Well worth it.....

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What's up with that red mark at 12 o'clock? Is anyone ever in doubt that the steering wheel is or isn't straight? I'll be damned if I can remember even one single instance in all my driving life when I thought, "man, I wonder if the steering wheel is straight, I wish I had a big red sign on it to tell me that". I could see the point in the case of a simple racing wheel, say a Momo, which looks more or less the same in any position. But with the OEM design even a monkey can tell right away if it's straight. Not to mention that if you use the correct steering technique (i.e. rotational) you'll always know intuitively how the steering wheel is angled without even looking.
Sure, you may not know if the wheels are straight, even if the steering wheel is. It could be rotated by 360 degrees. But that's a different story, and a mark on the steering wheel wouldn't help anyway.
Does that mark, besides looking flamboyant, actually do anything?

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
What's up with that red mark at 12 o'clock? Is anyone ever in doubt that the steering wheel is or isn't straight? I'll be damned if I can remember even one single instance in all my driving life when I thought, "man, I wonder if the steering wheel is straight, I wish I had a big red sign on it to tell me that". I could see the point in the case of a simple racing wheel, say a Momo, which looks more or less the same in any position. But with the OEM design even a monkey can tell right away if it's straight. Not to mention that if you use the correct steering technique (i.e. rotational) you'll always know intuitively how the steering wheel is angled without even looking.
Sure, you may not know if the wheels are straight, even if the steering wheel is. It could be rotated by 360 degrees. But that's a different story, and a mark on the steering wheel wouldn't help anyway.
No!

Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
The GT350 wheel has it (why exactly I don’t know) and all the aftermarket ones are just replicating it. I don’t personally like it but for $259 shipped it doesn’t bother me that much.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
But I got a stripe anyhow.

PXL_20200919_033544880.jpg

Last edited:

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Street driving, it will probably never do anything except be a quick alignment check after you hit a pothole. Road racing, maybe... If you're coming out of a corner and need to do a quick counter-steer catch it might be a good visual reference of where to come back to straight without over correcting. I don't drive at that level. :)

Rally driving, definitely. Not really Mustang related, but last year my brother and I did a 5-day course at O'Neil Rally School in New Hampshire and it was a lot of fun. And you definitely use the noon marker there. When you need the wheels straight and the car is at a ridiculous angle on mud the consistency of toothpaste, there's very little feel - or the wheel is actually being pulled in one direction.

You don't want to drop your eyes to look down at the center of the wheel and then try to figure it out from there. An obvious marker that you can still see with your head up is what you need. You'll also need it because your wheel movements are so large and so fast that you can actually lose track.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Rally driving, definitely. Not really Mustang related, but last year my brother and I did a 5-day course at O'Neil Rally School in New Hampshire and it was a lot of fun. And you definitely use the noon marker there. When you need the wheels straight and the car is at a ridiculous angle on mud the consistency of toothpaste, there's very little feel - or the wheel is actually being pulled in one direction.

You don't want to drop your eyes to look down at the center of the wheel and then try to figure it out from there. An obvious marker that you can still see with your head up is what you need. You'll also need it because your wheel movements are so large and so fast that you can actually lose track.
That makes sense. Thanks! :like:
Sponsored