Sponsored

What steering wheels do you guys have in your GTs?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Been thinking of spicing up my steering wheel a bit. I've got the heated option.

I've seen this one on a Tube channel (Toby, if you are out there) - 2018-2022 Ford Mustang Steering Wheel – Dyna Performance

Just seeing what other folks have. Mine IS an automatic so I think the RPM LED is more of a giggle than a requirement.
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The stock one! What do I win? :like:

No but for real, I've seen some folks with these that appear to be quite nice quality, and wholly customizable. Might be worth a looksee.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have the Beith Performance Carbon Fiber and Leather wheel.

Steering Wheel Update.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
My god, so many of you guys went with aftermarket. My girlfriend hates all of you cause now I be looking at Steering Wheel options.

Who did your install? Having spent a few years as a firefighter I can tell you the last thing I want to have happen is have the airbag deploy in my face.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
As long as you unhook the battery, the airbag is not going to deploy. The hardest thing about the installation is getting the exact touch on the release springs for the airbag cover. I've had my wheel off a couple of times. The first time took me an hour and a half with a lot of cussing. The second time took 15 minutes.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You will be surprised at how easily the nut comes off that holds the steering wheel on. I was thinking, dang this thing must only have 10-foot pounds of torque. I am sure it was more than that, but I wasn't expecting it to be so easy to remove.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've been looking at a ton of aftermarket wheels, but couldn't for the life of me find one that I liked more than the stock one. It's round (I absolutely HATE flat bottoms), its thickness is perfect, and the leather is high quality and extremely nice to the touch - one of the nicest I've seen. And it does look good, too.
The only thing I don't like about it is that I find it too big. Unnecessarily big.
I would like a steering wheel that looks exactly the same, same thickness, same shape, same leather, just smaller in diameter. But unfortunately there's no such thing.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Revesol wheel

51751375858_50ee504386_k.jpg
20211216_142332 by chefjpd, on Flickr

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I've been looking at a ton of aftermarket wheels, but couldn't for the life of me find one that I liked more than the stock one. It's round (I absolutely HATE flat bottoms), its thickness is perfect, and the leather is high quality and extremely nice to the touch - one of the nicest I've seen. And it does look good, too.
The only thing I don't like about it is that I find it too big. Unnecessarily big.
I would like a steering wheel that looks exactly the same, same thickness, same shape, same leather, just smaller in diameter. But unfortunately there's no such thing.
Guardian Designs will get you really close. Do the Corsa and not the Corsa D (flat bottom), select smooth leather and no noon marker. I did the perforated leather and a red marker, and it's an awesome wheel.

mustang-corsa.png
Sponsored