both

NDmustang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
I like my turbo but either will get you results.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For mostly street. Supercharged.....

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
What are your goals? Honestly if you are looking to make good power and drive the car with minimal thought a Whipple, vortech or TVS would be great.

Whipple and the Tvs options make great power and have that down low punch! which is a lot of fun off of a stop light of just smashing the throttle for a quick pull getting onto the freeway.

vortech and procharger are also good options. They have great top end and are really good if you like to live in the upper rpm range and want a smoother more linear power delivery.

Any of these blower will be able to make more hp than the stock bottom end can take. Each one of them can pully down go E-85 and be wicked fast on the street or the strip.

Turbos are fast, yes. but a properly set up blower car can be just as fast and if you are mostly going to drive the car on the street, superchargers require less maintence and are not as complex a system as a turbo set up. I would recommend a supercharger setup for 90% of applications

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Tell us more about what you want....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
mostly going to drive the car on the street, superchargers require less maintence and are not as complex a system as a turbo set up
if driving on the street wouldn't you NOT want any major power increase below 4000 RPM?

I can't see how turbos are more complex unless you're referring to piping. no crank nose load, no pullies, no belts, no undue stress to idler and general belt system...

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
if driving on the street wouldn't you NOT want any major power increase below 4000 RPM?

I can't see how turbos are more complex unless you're referring to piping. no crank nose load, no pullies, no belts, no undue stress to idler and general belt system...
Generally for street driving a blower is fun and peppy on the street, power on demand, based on how much you put your foot into it. They also drive very smoothly in traffic.

When you compare a turbocharger to a supercharger, (pulley, belt and in the case of a top mount blower no other bracketry besides a tensioner) they are very simple. When you look at a turbo setup you have alot more going on in the engine bay. Pipes, vacuum line routing, oiling, wastegate etc, etc. Nothing wrong with turbo set ups at all. they make BIG power and there are alot of people running them. But for most people they just want to get in the car, turn the key and drive it and change the plugs and belt here and there and have fun without having to think about it.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
at some point I'll regret not going turbo, but to this in my very limited experience rolling on the power rather than punching it on the street led to traction issues (car is setup for street). When I added spray I was having issues hooking up off the throttle slam from a roll depending on the surface (roads where I previously was able to hook up). The power came on sooner and harder than just the centri and it was only a 75 shoot.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

turbo systems break cranks also so don't think that keeps you safe
i want boost a little sooner 3000-3500 but everyone's different and the way they setup there cars is different.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
my votes on supercharger. looking at a whipple whenever they decide to go on sale.. lol

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
my votes on supercharger. looking at a whipple whenever they decide to go on sale.. lol
VMP Gen3R's are ready to ship.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I DD a TT set up and can't complain. No issues and nothing but reliable for the last year and half/ 23k miles but I also don't have any experience with superchargers to compare it with.
Sponsored