Sponsored

Pony broke its tail (center cap)

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
One off. Just in the process of organizing new wheels.

They look very nice. Looks like you’re using original cap with clips to grip the wheels as opposed to o-rings. Its going to look sharp
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Caps showed up today!
Can you please post a picture from the back, and the side?

And yes, those with OEM looking 'bases' will be infinitely better... but drop the name; looks tacky :). I'd get those, over the O-ring ones all day... and they should be cheaper to boot :).

OP
OP
whitehorse5.0

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Super Duty
They look very nice. Looks like you’re using original cap with
Can you please post a picture from the back, and the side?

And yes, those with OEM looking 'bases' will be infinitely better... but drop the name; looks tacky :). I'd get those, over the O-ring ones all day... and they should be cheaper to boot :).
Still sitting on my desk so here you go @Elp_jc

ECD33616-ECCD-4F64-AF53-6EE234D5207B.jpeg

3CE871D8-586D-407D-85DC-9AB4C63E13E0.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey, thanks a lot; that was quick :). I'm seeing a 'stop' after the O-ring, but I don't think it was done right, since I read reports of shoving the things past flush, which shouldn't happen. Please post your impressions after you install them. If you want to keep the originals intact, I suggest you remove the wheels. Even with the wheels removed, I had a hell of a time pushing those damn things out (to clean them). Thank you again.

OP
OP
whitehorse5.0

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, thanks a lot; that was quick :). I'm seeing a 'stop' after the O-ring, but I don't think it was done right, since I read reports of shoving the things past flush, which shouldn't happen. Please post your impressions after you install them. If you want to keep the originals intact, I suggest you remove the wheels. Even with the wheels removed, I had a hell of a time pushing those damn things out (to clean them). Thank you again.
Yeah, I will remove the wheels to remove the old and install the new and will let you know my findings once I get to the install.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
whitehorse5.0

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update
Got to the install today, removed wheels, took a chance to wash them while off the car and cleaned up calipers, popped old caps out very easily and the 5 Spurs clicked right into place, no fitment issues at all.

Sorry for poor picture, will get a better one if required in the daylight..

DA097704-610F-4D48-AA83-71451F77A655.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update
Got to the install today, removed wheels, took a chance to wash them while off the car and cleaned up calipers, popped old caps out very easily and the 5 Spurs clicked right into place, no fitment issues at all.

Sorry for poor picture, will get a better one if required in the daylight..

DA097704-610F-4D48-AA83-71451F77A655.jpeg
Perfect! Congrats.

OP
OP
whitehorse5.0

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how securely? And good to know no fitment issues. They look OEM in that picture.
Well they clicked in like the OEM clicked out, if that makes any sense haha. Haven't driven it yet to see if they fly out though. Seems snug.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When I removed my OEM caps, I had to push really hard, to the point I was messing up my fingers before they gave out, so had to get mechanic (padded) gloves, to pop them out. And when I popped them in, it was with a solid 'click', that you know they're not going anywhere. With an O-ring, how can they 'click'? They just go in silently with certain pressure, no? Or did you really feel a 'click'? If many have come out, that means the pressure is barely adequate, I'd guess. But maybe 5Spurs changed something recently?

Sponsored
OP
OP
whitehorse5.0

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I removed my OEM caps, I had to push really hard, to the point I was messing up my fingers before they gave out, so had to get mechanic (padded) gloves, to pop them out. And when I popped them in, it was with a solid 'click', that you know they're not going anywhere. With an O-ring, how can they 'click'? They just go in silently with certain pressure, no? Or did you really feel a 'click'? If many have come out, that means the pressure is barely adequate, I'd guess. But maybe 5Spurs changed something recently?
No problems removing my old caps and yes, they did make a "click" noise when seated, maybe a "pop", maybe a "tang" , but there was a noise when fully seated..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No problems removing my old caps and yes, they did make a "click" noise when seated, maybe a "pop", maybe a "tang" , but there was a noise when fully seated..
Can you please record the sound so that we can all determine what it is? :cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup::facepalm:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Then 5Spurs changed something, because before, they could reportedly go past flush (into the wheel center cavity), and/or they flied off the wheels. So good to hear :).
Sponsored