Sponsored

What sensors are used to monitor break-ins?

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
My 2018 conertible came with security package. It says it can detect movement in cockpit. How?? Sound? Infrared?
It says it can detect towing. How?? And if by angle, what’s the angle? If it’s lifted by forks, the trucks lift them with 0 angle. I would hope it monitors my spring compression.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ultrasonic sensors, I don’t know where they are on a vert, ours is by the map lights. Looks like 2 speakers pointed towards the rear seats. Suppose to be sound and pressure waves on how it picks up movement.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

Sponsored

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
The interior sensors are also by the map lights on the vert. I don’t know about sound sensing (I think the glass break sensor is an extra accessory), but they will trigger the alarm if you wave your hand in front of them.

On my 2017, they’re deactivated when I park with the top down. However, they stay active with the top up and windows down. How Ford concluded that “top down” isn’t exponentially more inviting for a petty thief to reach into the car and grab something is beyond me.

I never leave my car unattended with the top down, but if I need to run into a convenience store, I roll the windows up so it’s harder to reach anything. The alarm will still trigger if they pull the interior door handle.

I especially love the automatic locking center console. It gives me extra peace of mind that no one will steal my hoard of drive-thru napkins.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The interior sensors are also by the map lights on the vert. I don’t know about sound sensing (I think the glass break sensor is an extra accessory), but they will trigger the alarm if you wave your hand in front of them.

On my 2017, they’re deactivated when I park with the top down. However, they stay active with the top up and windows down. How Ford concluded that “top down” isn’t exponentially more inviting for a petty thief to reach into the car and grab something is beyond me.

I never leave my car unattended with the top down, but if I need to run into a convenience store, I roll the windows up so it’s harder to reach anything. The alarm will still trigger if they pull the interior door handle.

I especially love the automatic locking center console. It gives me extra peace of mind that no one will steal my hoard of drive-thru napkins.
That hoard of napkins may be more important than you think.:) #tioletpaper

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A

Wait, the center console locks by itself??

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Wait, the center console locks by itself??
Yes it does. What I don't understand is why the glove box doesn't. It's much easier to reach than the center console.
I ordered and had cut two extra "emergency" keys since it's what locks the glove box. I keep one on a retractable cord in the center console so I can lock both when I leave it with the top down.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Yes it does. What I don't understand is why the glove box doesn't. It's much easier to reach than the center console.
I ordered and had cut two extra "emergency" keys since it's what locks the glove box. I keep one on a retractable cord in the center console so I can lock both when I leave it with the top down.
Aren't the keys in the fobs themselves? Not sure what valuables are being kept in the glovebox. Maybe insurance and reg info?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what valuables are being kept in the glovebox. Maybe insurance and reg info?
The owners manual up on the shelf in the govebox.......very rare cause no one reads it

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Aren't the keys in the fobs themselves? Not sure what valuables are being kept in the glovebox. Maybe insurance and reg info?
olio

Yes, the key is in the fob. But the fob is always in my pocket so it's a pita to get to. Having one in the console is just easier.
Stuff in the glove box varies. Insurance and registration always and whatever the wife crams in that she wants locked. And lately hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes and, of course, the invaluable stack of napkins...

OP
OP

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
I parked in Downtown late nite tonight. The Miller moths have invaded, and all the way into town driving, one was in the car bugging (ha!) me.
I walked 2 blocks, and my phone alerted me the Mustang alarm was going off. I got back to the car, the alarm blaring, the lights flashing, but nothing amiss.
I then realized the Miller moth had set off the ultrasonic alarm inside the vehicle.
So... I started the car, then shut it off, and chose perimeter only, effectively shutting off the ultrasonic detector.
The apartment dwellers must have been upset, as the alarm was going off for about 5 minutes total.
If you leave your pet in the car, turn off the ultrasonic!
Sponsored