Sponsored

What Sedan Would You Buy Coming From a Mustang GT?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Had a previous gen camry (nicely spec'd) that I bought new. 20 year lifespan doesn't matter, because after 6 years of driving it you would want to kill yourself from boredom. Covid has put an end to my daily commute needs, and I just jeft it in the garage for a year. Not a single time I had a thought that "hey, it's a beautiful day, why don't I just take my camry out for a nice drive".

It also started giving me transmission problems at 100k miles. Traded in for mustang and I would chose every Ford quality flaw combined with terrible gas bills any day over that driving experience. Don't get me wrong, camry is one of the best commute sedans, it's also one of the worst driver's cars.

I still vote for Genesis G70 3.3T Sport thing that I mentioned earlier. I had a chance to drive a Stinger GT (which is pretty much same car) around a small track, and it was extremely similar to a stock Mustang GT PP1/Magneride in handling and dynamics. It's crazy how close these cars are in performance department. Genesis just has much better exterior and interior compared to Stinger. Reliability and build quality are there. One would also save tons of money versus the germans.
I had a horrendous experience with Hyundai about 6 years ago. They had the engine recalls on the Sonata’s and a few others that used the same engine. They told me mine didn’t qualify (even though I was within the mileage and term for the recall) and refused to replace my engine. I kept driving it while I was trying to get the issue resolved with corporate and my engine seized up on my on the highway in morning rush hour. Took them 6 months to get a new engine and they initially tried to get me to pay for it with a reimbursement later. I told them where they can shove it and told them to keep the car. A day later it was magically covered and no charge to me. Will never buy anything from them again and will never recommend a Hyundai or Kia to anyone ever.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I had a horrendous experience with Hyundai about 6 years ago. They had the engine recalls on the Sonata’s and a few others that used the same engine. They told me mine didn’t qualify (even though I was within the mileage and term for the recall) and refused to replace my engine. I kept driving it while I was trying to get the issue resolved with corporate and my engine seized up on my on the highway in morning rush hour. Took them 6 months to get a new engine and they initially tried to get me to pay for it with a reimbursement later. I told them where they can shove it and told them to keep the car. A day later it was magically covered and no charge to me. Will never buy anything from them again and will never recommend a Hyundai or Kia to anyone ever.
There are such stories about pretty much any manufacturer, including Ford. Not trying to discount your experience, but that happens across the board. I had my share of issues with 2 Hondas, both bought brand new, as well as the Camry that I had. One would expect these cars to be unbreakable.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
The G70 seems like a good car and reliable too, but just isn't to my liking aesthetically.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
For a sedan, I'm keeping my 2008 Evo X.
I paid it off 10 years ago. 😁 It's up to 156,000 miles with the original long-block, transmission, and turbo. 320-ish hp (at wheels) with a stock boost map. It turns out these things can last if you don't turn up the boost and get into dyno-number pissing contests with other douchebag Evo owners.

It's more fun than when it was new, partly because of tuning and partly because (sometime since 100,000 miles) it actually developed some steering feel and became a better driver's car.

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
I'm hoping my fellow GT drivers could help me with some insight into other car brands. I need to sell or trade-in my 2020 manual GT by early next year and get a sedan (sadly in automatic). I'm currently considering a Lexus IS 350 F or IS 500 if I can actually order either and also looking into Audi and BMW. My budget would be around 60-75k and would prefer to buy new, but am not opposed to a used recent model with low miles. I already know there isn't much out there that's going to pull like our GT's, performance to price just can't be beat by any other car. What sedan (brand or specific model / year) would you personally buy or recommend that would have decent power close to a 5.0 with good reliability, interior, decent handling, etc..? I've only owned JDMs and now this Mustang so I'm not that knowledgeable on other brands, but I'm for sure not buying a Toyota, Honda, or Acura.
i saw a very nice FUSION at the dealership yesterday,black with black wheels and tint..i'd be tempted!

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
when did that factor get injected into the selection matrix? :)
Since the beginning hehe, my wife and I need to share this car which means giving up the manual transmission, but it allows us to double the budget that I spent on my mustang so we'd like it to look as good as it performs. Has anyone driven a CT4-V Blackwing? It looks like these are even scarcer than the IS 500 here in So Cal.

MR2Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm hoping my fellow GT drivers could help me with some insight into other car brands. I need to sell or trade-in my 2020 manual GT by early next year and get a sedan (sadly in automatic). I'm currently considering a Lexus IS 350 F or IS 500 if I can actually order either and also looking into Audi and BMW. My budget would be around 60-75k and would prefer to buy new, but am not opposed to a used recent model with low miles. I already know there isn't much out there that's going to pull like our GT's, performance to price just can't be beat by any other car. What sedan (brand or specific model / year) would you personally buy or recommend that would have decent power close to a 5.0 with good reliability, interior, decent handling, etc..? I've only owned JDMs and now this Mustang so I'm not that knowledgeable on other brands, but I'm for sure not buying a Toyota, Honda, or Acura.
Are you open to electric?

I'm pretty happy with my Polestar 2, which actually does accelerate almost as fast as a Mustang GT. If you get the Performance Pack, it's actually a hair faster.
Sponsored