Sponsored

What Sedan Would You Buy Coming From a Mustang GT?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I am looking to replace my Mustang and am considering a BMW M4 or Mercedes C43 AMG. I hate to do it, but I need a driver seat with a lot better support. Those are the only convertibles that have better seats that fit my budget. I'd be all over a Z4 M40i if it had some space behind the seats for our dog. German cars have the best interiors. Especially in their sedans.
I've owned the C43 (it was actually my car before the GT). I can tell you that you are definitely going to need fantastic seat support because you are going to be having a certain orifice utilized a lot once repairs start to come in. $510.00 CDN for the SCHEDULE B service. You don't even want to know what SCHEDULE A is.
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The 6 cylinder twin turbo is the CT4-V BW.
I'll be sure to let Cadillac know then.
1670272860792.png

I'm just messing with you, I thought the CT5 replaced the CT4 until I went on their website. Looks like the CT5-V and the CT4-V Blackwing share the V6 twin turbo. The CT4-V says twin turbo 4 cylinder. You had me questioning myself for a min. :crackup:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
BMW 240i or a BMW M3 if you can swing it.

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I would love to jump into a Cadillac CT5-V or a 911 carrera GTS

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
First off, If you buy an Audi or a BMW brand new, you're a complete moron that makes terrible financial decisions.
That being said, buying one 2-3 years old after someone else has taken the 30-45% depreciation hit can get you a pretty decent car. Personally, I'd still stay away from them as they have admitted to building the cars for the first owner (3-5 years) with parts intentionally designed to only last only as long as the initial warranty period. If I was going German, I'd get another lightly used Panamera. The Genesis G70 and G80 are both really nice cars if you haven't seen them, they're worth a look.
In the last 3 years I've had a Porsche Panamera, a Kia Stinger, and now I have a Tesla Model S.
The S fits perfectly for how I use it, and when I'm not commuting in it, I'm in my GT350, or my 88 GT.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT iconic silver
the new BMWs are 500+hp with just down pipes and tune, Iā€™d look into those first. But I do like the 2019 ctsv as well, Iā€™d also test drive a stinger too just to check it out and doesnā€™t have the power without a bit of money but Iā€™m also partial to Subarus so sti is on the list as well as the Nissan stagea since theyā€™re awd with an RB motor and look sick with the gtr34 front clip. the ctv4 is also very capable power wise down pipes and tune and theyā€™re quick track hawks and exploer stā€™s are sweet too lol. Think thatā€™s it for my bigger cars/suvs list

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
When I recently asked a wealthy guy with a huge fleet of sports cars (several Porsches, Ferrari, Subaru, Honda) this same question, he was effusive over the Honda Civic Type R. Track ready with zero mods and a great daily driver with a hatch. Easily get 28 mpg. He bought one for his son and said itā€™s the best value in performance cars today.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I've owned the C43 (it was actually my car before the GT). I can tell you that you are definitely going to need fantastic seat support because you are going to be having a certain orifice utilized a lot once repairs start to come in. $510.00 CDN for the SCHEDULE B service. You don't even want to know what SCHEDULE A is.
Thanks for that. I found a CPO Z4 M40i I want but it's far away at a dealer who doesn't do online sales. So, logistics will be a problem and I will need to sell my Mustang first.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
When I recently asked a wealthy guy with a huge fleet of sports cars (several Porsches, Ferrari, Subaru, Honda) this same question, he was effusive over the Honda Civic Type R. Track ready with zero mods and a great daily driver with a hatch. Easily get 28 mpg. He bought one for his son and said itā€™s the best value in performance cars today.
Performance per dollar, Elantra N is king. Same practicality, also track ready with zero mods, very close to Civic, great as a normal sedan. Type R is still a better car overall, and latest design is much better looking (older one is as terrible as elantra šŸ˜„ ). But it's also almost 20% more expensive.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Type R is a great valueā€¦at sticker. The problem is at least around here Iā€™ve seen/heard of $10-$20k markups. At $55-$65k, I think that value is gone and thereā€™s better options out there. Just my opinion though.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Type R is a great valueā€¦at sticker. The problem is at least around here Iā€™ve seen/heard of $10-$20k markups. At $55-$65k, I think that value is gone and thereā€™s better options out there. Just my opinion though.
yeah, pass on the -R. Now Civic Si or Sport with a couple grand of trivial mods, now THAT is the price/performance bargain. Then again, a low trim Mustang really isn't that far behind. $3000 in IRS, diff, braking and suspension fixes and you've got an albeit a bit of a heavy contender as well.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Slightly off the beaten path, 2017 - 2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD Black Label with drivers package. 400 hp / 400 lb-ft tq, computer controlled torque vectoring AWD from the Focus RS. Still kicking myself for not finding a way to keep the MKZ and get a Mach 1 at same time.

Mach 1 awesome track car, MKZ the ultimate sleeper.
Sponsored