Sponsored

What Sedan Would You Buy Coming From a Mustang GT?

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
German brands simply kill one's budget once the repairs start, but if you must I'd go for the BMW M3 sedan. The standard version is4 second 0-60 but alas apparently only a manual shifter, while the Competition model is half a second faster with an auto tranny.

The BMW Z4 was on my short list when I bought my GT convertible notwithstanding eventual repair costs likely to sink the ship. Sorry, but I don't have a better recommendation on a sport sedan with 4 second 0-60 numbers.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Panamera . Had one and it was a great sedan. Like everyone said, I sold it before 50K and no warranty . Handles/feels like a big 911. Not super fast until you go turbo model .

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad Cadillac doesn't offer a less costly version of the CT5-V with the naturally aspirated V8 or put the NA V8 in the CT4-V Blackwing instead of the TT V6.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Why do you have to sell? Have you considered a 2 car lineup, keeping the mustang and getting something much more practical and affordable like a new Honda Civic etc.?

I've learned with time that trying to get that one car to do it all often is full of compromises. It could be best to keep your Mustang as a weekend whip and get something more daily/kid friendly as your 2nd whip.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I am looking to replace my Mustang and am considering a BMW M4 or Mercedes C43 AMG. I hate to do it, but I need a driver seat with a lot better support. Those are the only convertibles that have better seats that fit my budget. I'd be all over a Z4 M40i if it had some space behind the seats for our dog. German cars have the best interiors. Especially in their sedans.

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
Check out the Volvo V60. You don't say why you're switching to a sedan, but if it's room and utility, this station wagon may fit the bill. I encountered one last week on my drive across country. Climbing out out the AZ desert toward San Diego on I-8 it showed plenty of power and agility as we passed traffic while navigating the sweeping corners. It was probably the hybrid version described in this article:

https://www.caranddriver.com/volvo/v60

Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I just bought a slightly used BMW M850i gran coupe. OMG- what an amazing car.
I also considered a Genesis G80. Nothing wrong with it, it was a nice car but that 8 series..... wow

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
'64 Lincoln Continental Coyote powered resto-mod

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Charger, last year of production, great power.
Yeah I don't look forward to Last Edition markups. So I grabbed a 10 month old challenger scat with 6mt and 3200 miles tonight. The blackwing will have to wait a little longer.

Even with the electronic Bilstein suspension the challenger is less sorted than a stock mustang. I've got BMR parts inbound to hopefully address that.