Sponsored

What ramps do you use for your lowered car?

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
My car is lowered with eibach springs and I was curious what ramps everyone is using? I currently only have jack stands and was looking to get some new ramps.
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I've always had issues with ramps and RWD, it pushes them when I try to drive up so I always stuck with a jack and stands.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I use a couple of 2x4's and rhino ramps. They seem to do a pretty good job.

stang6515

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I built some redneck ramps using a 2 x 12 x 10 board. I did 4 levels and it got the car up high enough to change the oil. there are plenty of instructions out there on how to build them

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
My 2011 at stock height would not go up your typical cheap auto-parts store ramps (too steep).

Race Ramps RR-56-2 is what I ended up getting ... these are the normal 56" length but two piece so you can get the ramp part out of your way. I'm 51 and had never used ramps before (always used a jack & stands) and my jack was too tall to get under the front end. These ramps are the best auto maintenance investment I've made.

Other benefit to the 2 pc design is they fit in the trunk.

They make changing the oil so much easier on my 2011 but even more so on small FWD cars that don't have a central jacking point or decent spot to put stands up front. Got both an '02 Saturn & '02 Cavalier for my kids and changing oil on these 2 cars really sucked before I got these ramps.

Definitely get the 2 pc design, they are well worth the extra 12% cost ($26 adder).

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I've always had issues with ramps and RWD, it pushes them when I try to drive up so I always stuck with a jack and stands.
This will NEVER happen with Race Ramps, they don't move even on a smooth floor. Probably has a lot to do with the much more gradual ramp as well as the material they are made out of and surface texture.

Doug

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I built some redneck ramps using a 2 x 12 x 10 board. I did 4 levels and it got the car up high enough to change the oil. there are plenty of instructions out there on how to build them
Did the same, cut a 45 degree bevel at the end of each level, made them long enough they easily let a lowered car drive on them. Beats all hell out of the hundreds of dollars raceramps want to charge.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I bought RaceRamps RR-XT-2 67 67" 2 piece ramps and the RR-EX-14 extensions for my C6 Grand Sport to clear the chin spoiler. That car is gone but the ramps and 10" cribs for the rear won't get sold ever. Best ramps and super light weight.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Redneck Car Ramps

lol, I'm so cheap!
WP_20150221_14_35_25_Pro.jpg

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've never really done any work under my car before (I've just done stuff like cold air kits, etc.), so forgive me if this is a dumb question: can you back a rear wheel drive car on to ramps to get the back end high enough for exhaust work? I suppose I could get a jack and jack stands, but for some reason I have a phobia that they'll break and crush me to death.:(:crazy: I figure that ramps would be good for oil changes as well.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've never really done any work under my car before (I've just done stuff like cold air kits, etc.), so forgive me if this is a dumb question: can you back a rear wheel drive car on to ramps to get the back end high enough for exhaust work? I suppose I could get a jack and jack stands, but for some reason I have a phobia that they'll break and crush me to death.:(:crazy: I figure that ramps would be good for oil changes as well.
Yes you can back up on them, no different then driving a FWD car onto ramps. But if you plan on doing a full catback exhaust your probably still going to have to lift the front unless your super tiny.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes you can back up on them, no different then driving a FWD car onto ramps. But if you plan on doing a full catback exhaust your probably still going to have to lift the front unless your super tiny.
It's not too bad, I was able to do mine last weekend with just rhino ramps ($40 @ amazon). It's a bit tight @ the resonator, but not bad. Don't expect to do this if you can't see your toes standing up and looking straight down.

Also, my garage floor has a smooth floor, no slipping. Just put a rubberized floor mat under them if you need additional grip.

That said, there's only about a two inch clearance in the front... It's right against the flexible rubber air diffuser. Which is not there if you have a PP GT. However, a lowered car may be a challenge on the front end.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Race Ramps. They are expensive, but I feel worth every penny.

I'm by no means tiny - far from it - and was able to do mine on just ramps.
Sponsored