Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Of the choices listed, I picked deep dish, but Chicago thin crust is my actual favorite. Cracker-thin crispy crust, tavern cut, with sausage. Deep dish is the special occasion, take out your tourist friends pizza. Chicago thin is the pizza you get on a regular basis.
I remember years ago when Unos came to NYC. It was very good at the time. Not sure if they’re still around.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
I like NY style pizza. I lived in LI and
BK before and was obsessed with it.

I don't eat much anymore though, trying to stay between 124-128lbs 😁👍🏻
Like to the li and bk pizza, dislike to the not eating much!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If and when I eat pizza, I have to have the meats on it. I almost religiously order Papa Gino's Meat Combo pizza, mostly because it is close by and they deliver. Most of the time it is really good.
I could also do a veggie, minus the peppers, and at least one meat choice on there, either chicken or sausage.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Lately this summer been using the pizza stone for the webber BBQ grill ..kinda like having your our own blaze pizza 🍕

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
NY style. There is a local place called cacciatore that is my favorite.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
@IPOGT
Here you guys go.

Pizza crust

3 1/2 to 4 cups flour (Tipo "00", absolutely a must. King Arthur 00 flour is crap, get the good stuff if possible.)
1 teaspoon sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt (I use ghost chili sea salt)
1 1/2 cups water, warm
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Mix together, then knead the crap out of it. I use mixer with bread hook

2. Place in a covered bowl and rest for an hour at room temp. It will rise a decent amount.

3. Divide in half and place each portion in a separate lightly oiled ziplock. Rest overnight in the fridge.

4. Corn starch your stone and roll it out to the edge. Preheat stone in oven, transfer with peel.

5. Lightly oil crust before toppings. The sauce you use (I make my own as well) needs to be very reduced. Closer to a paste than a sauce, otherwise the crust gets soggy when you bake. When you put it on the dough, use less than you think is neccessary. Whatever amount you think is right is probably still too much.

5. I like to use the big sliced fresh mozzarella. Give the pieces some space, and they melt nicely.

5a. For other toppings, I've done pepperoni, sausage, pineapple ham, buffalo chicken, and even one time did chicken francaise. It also makes a great margarita if you can get fresh basil and want something simple.

6. Bake at as high a temperature as your oven allows. Don't use the broiler, just crank it to the highest number on bake. My oven only goes to 550°, which results in about a 15 minute baking time. The low temp is actually holding me back from getting things truly perfect. The ideal time/temperature is 700° for about 7 minutes.

Preheated stone cooking time is 11 minutes at 550.
Forgot to mention, I split the dough into 1/3 instead of 1/2 and works perfectly for 3ea 10" pizzas. More of a personal pizza feel for when my wife wants something insane and I just do peperoni.
Sponsored