• Poll closed .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Actually found a few places down here that are pretty decent. Fellow former New Yorkers. My favorite is Scatori’s right by my home. When we head up to Long Island later this year we will definitely stop at New Park Pizza In Howard Beach, NY. One of the cities best. In Central NJ it was Papa‘s Tomato Pies in Robbinsville. It is the oldest family owned pizzeria in the US (1912).
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'd move. Quickly. The places you mentioned are not real pizza. it's corporate pizza, and corporate pizza ALWAYS sucks.
Just saying because you’re a friend.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Chicago pizza. Doesn't matter if it's thin crust, Pan, or Stuffed. No bullshit corporate, small town, or NY pizza will do. It just can't compare!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My rule used to be not to eat pizza outside of home territory due to many bad experiences, but in more recent years I've been surprised. I love making my own too.

I'll mention the lesser mentioned Chicago, pub style pizza here. Thin, crispy and delicious. It's was most people around here eat.
Thin is most popular in my Chicago suburbs area too.

Last edited:

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Pizza is a lot like beer. I have my favorites, but I like it all. New York style is on top of my list. Bought a pizza oven a few months ago. Now I can make New York style pizza’s in about 90 seconds.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna post blasphemy but.. I like chef boy r dee pizza kit. I buy real cheese, and deli pepperoni. I love the sauce, and my dad used to make it for us as a kid.
Nomnomnom

0D83FCB6-9098-40BC-84EB-C2F502D036C2.png

E16F0BA4-4188-49C6-857F-7CA804776E23.png

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Which should be posted for posterity.
@IPOGT
Here you guys go.

Pizza crust

3 1/2 to 4 cups flour (Tipo "00", absolutely a must. King Arthur 00 flour is crap, get the good stuff if possible.)
1 teaspoon sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt (I use ghost chili sea salt)
1 1/2 cups water, warm
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Mix together, then knead the crap out of it. I use mixer with bread hook

2. Place in a covered bowl and rest for an hour at room temp. It will rise a decent amount.

3. Divide in half and place each portion in a separate lightly oiled ziplock. Rest overnight in the fridge.

4. Corn starch your stone and roll it out to the edge. Preheat stone in oven, transfer with peel.

5. Lightly oil crust before toppings. The sauce you use (I make my own as well) needs to be very reduced. Closer to a paste than a sauce, otherwise the crust gets soggy when you bake. When you put it on the dough, use less than you think is neccessary. Whatever amount you think is right is probably still too much.

5. I like to use the big sliced fresh mozzarella. Give the pieces some space, and they melt nicely.

5a. For other toppings, I've done pepperoni, sausage, pineapple ham, buffalo chicken, and even one time did chicken francaise. It also makes a great margarita if you can get fresh basil and want something simple.

6. Bake at as high a temperature as your oven allows. Don't use the broiler, just crank it to the highest number on bake. My oven only goes to 550°, which results in about a 15 minute baking time. The low temp is actually holding me back from getting things truly perfect. The ideal time/temperature is 700° for about 7 minutes.

Preheated stone cooking time is 11 minutes at 550.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
I just got back from my trip to Illinois. Most of it was spent at their lake how far from Chicago but we made a point to stay our last night on Michigan Avenue downtown and got ourselves a loaded Giordano's stuffed pizza. We also have several frozen ones to our house to meet us there on arrival back in CA.

1626800735766.png
THE BEST

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna post blasphemy but.. I like chef boy r dee pizza kit. I buy real cheese, and deli pepperoni. I love the sauce, and my dad used to make it for us as a kid.
Nomnomnom

0D83FCB6-9098-40BC-84EB-C2F502D036C2.png

E16F0BA4-4188-49C6-857F-7CA804776E23.png
Lol… My best friend lived on the chef’s ravioli in college.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Here it's the local shop, Deano's. They have great crust and traditional as well as Cajun toppings.

https://deanospizza.com/

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@IPOGT
Here you guys go.

Pizza crust

3 1/2 to 4 cups flour (Tipo "00", absolutely a must. King Arthur 00 flour is crap, get the good stuff if possible.)
1 teaspoon sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt (I use ghost chili sea salt)
1 1/2 cups water, warm
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Mix together, then knead the crap out of it. I use mixer with bread hook

2. Place in a covered bowl and rest for an hour at room temp. It will rise a decent amount.

3. Divide in half and place each portion in a separate lightly oiled ziplock. Rest overnight in the fridge.

4. Corn starch your stone and roll it out to the edge. Preheat stone in oven, transfer with peel.

5. Lightly oil crust before toppings. The sauce you use (I make my own as well) needs to be very reduced. Closer to a paste than a sauce, otherwise the crust gets soggy when you bake. When you put it on the dough, use less than you think is neccessary. Whatever amount you think is right is probably still too much.

5. I like to use the big sliced fresh mozzarella. Give the pieces some space, and they melt nicely.

5a. For other toppings, I've done pepperoni, sausage, pineapple ham, buffalo chicken, and even one time did chicken francaise. It also makes a great margarita if you can get fresh basil and want something simple.

6. Bake at as high a temperature as your oven allows. Don't use the broiler, just crank it to the highest number on bake. My oven only goes to 550°, which results in about a 15 minute baking time. The low temp is actually holding me back from getting things truly perfect. The ideal time/temperature is 700° for about 7 minutes.

Preheated stone cooking time is 11 minutes at 550.
Thank you! We are limited to electric ovens and 450 degrees here in Fl. How do you think that’ll affect it?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thank you! We are limited to electric ovens and 450 degrees here in Fl. How do you think that’ll affect it?
Unsure, will take longer to cook and may not be as crispy on the outside while soft and yummy on the inside. I tried the BBQ grill at max heat and got meh results. My oven only goes to 500 and comes out great though. Just like me, you need more heat lol

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Pizza stone will help you electric users. Works great used one for years

just heavy and tedious so I quit . Ieven used it on mypropane grille lol

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Pizza stone will help you electric users. Works great used one for years

just heavy and tedious so I quit . Ieven used it on mypropane grille lol
Yep. got a stone specific for the @Mikthehun1 crust.
Sponsored